Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2019

The first of January...

Hello everyone... 
Here I am finally.. 
A beautiful Sunday afternoon and I am giving my new laptop a trial run.. 
Can't say that I am doing very good so far but we shall see.  
I won't bore you with all the details of me getting used to this but I am sure as the post goes on you will see my inexpertise..Not sure that is a word but you no doubt get my drift.. 
I loaded my pics on with my tablet and then turned this one to my dashboard .. 
I cannot find how to copy and paste as there seems to be no right click so the pics are all helter skelter... 
Whatever... 
One of our grandsons will show up and guide me before the next post, I am sure.  
Meanwhile, please be patient with me.. 

As usual just sharing some of our days with you all.. 
I think you must be finding this pretty boring each time.. 
Anyway... 
Above are a few little dried wreaths that I made the other day... 
Terry picked me a huge bunch of these flowers last summer (everlastings, I think they are called)..
the pic is below.. 
they dried very well... but I still need to put some ribbon and such on them. 


These are little prairie dolls I made from clothespins for two wee girls I know..
I found almost the whole set of Little House on the Prairie books for them and I thought they might like the dolls to go with them.. 

Soup days are very common here in the Henry house.. smile.. 
Trying to add more grains.. 
This one has barley, wild rice and something else, I think.. 
Just a tomato and chicken stock base and veggies.. 
I am not a meat lover so can leave that out really easy .. 
Especially when Terry prefers something else... 

Christmas just about depleted my gift pantry except for preserves so am pottering away making a few things.. 
A wee wreath here, a bottle or two of air freshener there or whatever... 


I used a bottle already for a hostess gift... 
Found a few more bottles in my closet the other day so plan to make a few more... 
I was telling Shonda about the idea of using glass vinegar jars for spray bottles.. Whether it is for room fresheners or cleaners.  
They are lovely. 
The spray contraption from the plastic bottles fit right on the nice glass one.. 
The only thing is that she and I bought our glass jars of vinegar in Calais as we couldn't find the right ones here in New Brunswick... 

Shared this on Instagram the other day.. 
makes perfect sense, eh? 

This is the pile of flowers all dried.. 
I just laid them on a shelf in the sunroom and then cut and glued them to small grapevine wreaths.. 
Will show you a pic when they are finished... 

Had a lovely time opening these dear gifts from our son the other day.. 
They were a bit late but not any less appreciated.. 
It was fun to receive them and know he wrapped each one.. 

We like you have the dearest children.. 
No matter how old they get nor how far away they roam they will always be our babies.. 
Miss this one an awful lot at times... 
So many of us here in Maritime Canada have loved ones out west working so I am not alone in this for sure.. 
Just pray daily that God keeps his Hand upon him.... 

We have started having our town days once a week again and we look forward to them.. 
Do you have a town day?  
I think it may be a retired couples who don't live in the city kind of thing.. grin.. 
I do enjoy this one day but unlike my dear mother I am not a shopper and never have been.. 
I prefer thrift and book shops above everything and farmer type market stores.. Love them, too.. 
Anyway.. 
Here are my finds the other day.. 
A dear little jam jar (old china), a tray to put this laptop on for when i use it, several books, cookbooks, Louis L:Amour although I think I have read every one but I am lucky if I can find one that I almost forget (grin), fancy cutting scissors, a valance for the laundry room, a pale yellow lace tablecloth, a potholder, a woven basket for my crochet, a sign that says Always Kiss Me Goodnight for our room... (just to remind him)  grin and a recycle bag or two.. 
In the Salvation Army they have lovely bags of cloth and such that you can buy for your purchases for only 25 cents.. 
The one above is from Old Navy... 

Sometimes after church on Sundays we go to the Big Stop for lunch.. 

We almost always buy the same thing.. 
He gets Liver and Onions and I buy soup or chowder.. 
This is clam chowder... 
It is better at times then others... 
This was a fair day... But the last time it was delicious... 

I dug out my crochet the other day and made a coffee cup cozy... 
It is finished but needs to have a couple of buttons sewed on and I have a plant pot hanger also mostly finished.. 

Love these winter days for pottering about, don't you?
I keep my little chochet projects in this little bag I made.. 
It is an old piece of embroidery tablecloth or such that was pretty well done for but salvaged enough for a drawstring bag... 

I wanted to share once again this recipe for good health... 

It s called Fire Shot and I really think it makes me feel better.. I bought a couple of little shot glasses at the thrift and try to take this on a regular basis.. 
It can't hurt you anyway I guess unless you are like my friend Pam and alergic to something like cinnamon.. 

Anyway dear hearts this is all for today.. 
Not done very well and I know there are misspelling but can't figure that one out yet either.. 
But all is well.. 

This old body has it's days with whatever but am blessed beyond measure... 
Have lost several dear ones the last few weeks and it makes me appreciate all that God has done for me.. 
Don't want to get melancholy but if I went today there are no complaints. 
He has been faithful... 

Thanks for dropping by once again and hopefully this blog will pick up and I will be more faithful to it... 
Loving these January days and the sweetness of home that they bring.. 
Candlelight, soup simmering on the stove, quiet chores and projects and sweet music.... 
Hubby busy in his workshop downstairs and Charlie snoring on the rug.. 
God is good... 

Sending hugs and blessings your way...

14 comments:

  1. This was so enjoyable to read, Faye.

    Years ago we made a number of trips to PEI. We always liked to time our trip so that we could have breakfast at a Big Stop somewhere in New Brunswick. Their breakfast sausage was the best we have ever had!

    That Fire Shot looks like a great idea! It reminds me of a tonic that my husband makes ... cider vinegar, ginger, hot peppers, horseradish, onions, garlic. You blend it all up in a blender and it has to sit for a month before you use it. The Fire Shot looks a bit more palatable, though! Easier, too. Thanks for sharing it.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm never bored with your posts! You'll get used to the new laptop. I have a new one now and it took me forever to get used to the keyboard-had to go back and correct everything I typed. Now I can't use the old one! We've had lots of cold, grey days where a bubbling pot of soup and a warm, cozy home are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do have a town day! And we are retired! So there you have it...you were exactly right! Your soups always look so delicious, Faye. I am a soup lover, too. I try to make at least one soup a week. Tomorrow's soup is called Hearty Veggie Chowder and it includes veggies like leeks, butternut squash and parsnips. They are all things we have from our garden. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get a new computer this year and am dreading having to work out how to use Windows 10 but a friend said you can get a Windows 7 'skin'. Not sure how that works but I will be finding out more about that before I make the purchase. Obviously I don't like change. LOL! Love your photos and meals as usual, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you manage to master your new computer, I am still learning albeit slowly. What a wonderful haul you found at the thrift store on your ton day. We have a town day and favour the thrift shops above all others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Faye! Always such a joy to stop in for a visit with you! I enjoy puttering about my home too, and I'm glad you take pictures to share with us with all you do! You are inspirational! I think taking town trips one day a week sounds great, and the rest of the days home are lovely. Soups are our favorite here too. Clam chowder, oh my that sounds delicious! I wonder why the difference on different days, perhaps different cooks? I love putting on a nice smelling candle too. Good luck with the new computer, it is always a bit of a challenge to figure things out, but hoping that it gets easier for you! So many blessings of the Lord indeed, blessings and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post as always. I so enjoy reading about your days. I have been crocheting as well. Something to keep busy. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always a lovely post Faye . We go into town every two weeks but mainly to do a bit of grocery shopping and what not other than that we are pretty much home bodies We to are not shoppers and like to get in and out and get home lol . We have had very little snow this winter this year so far but that's ok with me cause Miggs and I have been able to get out for our walks when there is lots of snow not so much . Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Faye Weir Henry,
    We hope you are enjoying your Google Chromebook. For your enhanced Google Chrome experience, you can use copy and paste on your Google Chromebook by tapping the track pad with two fingers at the same time, which will bring up a list of options like that of right clicking on a Windows laptop. If you have any other questions or concerns please do contact Google's Chrome Help center or ask the Google Chrome community.

    Sincerely,
    Brian, your friendly Google representative

    ReplyDelete
  10. God is good and we should be happy and joyful that he cares and protects us! You always have so many projects going that I wish I was right there with you.....instead I am always cleaning up my desk, or writing out bills...anything extra and it will find me and it always needs my attention.
    right now! Well, since my hubby retired ..oh, yeh. we were going to do everything! Yeh right! So the week after Christmas we finally took a ride! We ended up at the Salvation army and the Goodwill. I have started growing a few orchid plants and we were looking for pots with lots of holes to let the air in and still let the water run our so slowly. We did not find any but my handy hubby has drilled perfect holes for each pot. It is fun. Plantimg orchids does take a special eye but it is fun and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Love you, too my sweet grandsons! ❤❤❤❤

      Delete
  12. We do have a town day. Every Wednesday we meet our best friends for breakfast and tear ourselves away after talking for 2 hours. Then it is on to all the errands. If we have a lo we take peanut butter sandwiches along for lunch in the car as we go along. It helps to get it all done in one day and then we can potter around home the rest of the week. Good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete