Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

An Air Freshener Recipe....for your gift pantry...

Hello Girls... Just wanted to touch base with you all today... Such a lovely Fall day and I am feeling so blessed... A day off and I don't even feel quilty....lol....
I am going to try hard to get back on track with the blog and the Keepers of the Home... The dear ladies have been very patient with me during the last few months and I appreciate it so much..
A lot of things can change in that amount of time but our God remains stedfast and true...
So on that note...
I thought I would give you another idea today for the gift pantry that I hope you are all working on.. I know that sometimes money is scarce or time is not available..... I guess that is when you need to get creative with your resources... Both cash and time...lol.....
This is a recipe but not for something to eat... It is sort of organic in the fact that you use all natural ingredients.....
It is a Clove and Vanilla Air Freshener... I had it in my shop and sold several.,...It smells heavenly...

Here is the recipe.... Oh, one condition, please..... Let me know if you tried this and how it turns out... I mean for the followers of the blog not just the Keepers group here... ok?
Good.... here we go...
.
                                CLOVE AND VANILLA AIR FRESHENER
2 cups distilled or rain water
2 cups of white vinegar
a big handful of whole cloves
1/4 cup of vanilla....
Put the above in a small pot and bring to a boil....Then turn down the heat and simmer 10 minutes..
Now I added some nice warm vanilla oil that you buy at the craft store .. (like for tarts, candles)
I put about 1/3 of the bottle... so that added to the cost by $1.75 per batch.. 
I found this recipe on the internet some time ago but I forget where and they did not do this... So , it is up to you... You could also add clove oil.... whatever turns your crank...lol...
Now the secret that I found after a couple of batches (I found this out by accident as I did not have time to bottle it..)
Let it sit overnite .. The cloves soak into the mixture better,...
Now strain this inot a measuring cup
Then use a small funnel and fill spray bottles that you can buy at the dollarstore....
Be sure to make a label and a tag and print the instructions...
Please shake well before spraying....
I used a brown paper bag , marker and a glue stick... Oh, I named it...
Olde Farmhouse Kitchen Air Freshner...
And painted on a couple of pumpkins...
If it is for Christmas... Name it something for the season...
Be creative...
I think this made about 2 bottles... You can halve it if you just want to try one... 
Well, girls have a great week and may the Lord surround you with the beauty of the Autumn...
Hugs..
Faye...
Hey, this would make a good item to add to your craft tables, ladies.. For your church group or if you have a little home business going...

11 comments:

  1. That's a definate must try! I'll let you know how it turns out! Just one question, does the vanilla have to be the real stuff or will my "real" stuff do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIKE THE SMELL OF IT WHEN I WAS DOWN, SO IT SOUNDS EASY ENOUGH TO MAKE, SO FOR SURE I WILL GIVE IT A TRY AS WELL. OH FAYE, I AM LEARNING SO MUCH FROM YOU...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faye you are so creative!!! I am going to try this, I will let you know how it works. Also you should see the things that I am doing around the place to jazz it up, you would be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just another Question Faye,
    Does this stuff stain? I'm ready to make it except I have to buy a spray bottle first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds easy.I was going to ask what Stevesl asked. Will it stain, and do you have to use the vinegar? I mean like could you use lemon juice instead, or is the vinegar the carrying agent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi girls.. so sorry it took me so loing to get bacm to you but I did not have the ibnterbet at the cottage and then I had to phone a friend who uses the air freshener and she said that no it does not stain... Although, it is not fabreze for fabrics it is for the air.. She says it lands on her wood floor and does not mark or her couch... Also, she says it works very well... I made some to sell but have not brought up a bottle for myself yet..lol..
    And Lins... I will try to post tomorrow as I have been busy getting a few ideas together for it...
    Thanks for following, my dears...
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could you substitute cinnamon sticks and cinnamon oil for the cloves and vanilla oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi... I would just use the cinnamon oil as the sticks might color your air freshener and leave stains.. I would not add the cinnamon sticks, I don't think.. The oil would suffice.. Hope this helps..

      Delete
  9. I hope to make some up as soon as I get tgs supplies. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete