Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

An old cottage's nooks and crannies on the Bay of Fundy...

Good Evening to my dear friends....
As you know we will soon be leaving St. Martins and heading home for the Fall and Winter... I just posted on my other blog about the hurricane that is supposed to land here late Friday night, I think!!
I hope the cottage will still be in one piece with so many huge old trees about the place...
Anyway, I would love to decorate this dear old house with entirely primitve as I love it so much but for some reason it does not get done...
I thought I would post a few little pics of some little nooks and crannies that you find in an at least 100 plus year old cottage.. It had 2 wonderful families grow up here with their large families before it became a cottage to us...

Keepers of the Home enjoy their decorating skills and we all like different styles but here is an old fashioned look that I can'\t quite put away.....
Remember .. last posting I wrote about you sweet Moms finding a wee spot for yourselves...
Well,  I picked this one for me... When your sweet darlins are all grown up and gone you will find many such spots for yourself... You just won't need them as much as you do now..LOL..
But guess what??  You would trade it in any day to have those children of yours back under your roof and getting them ready for school...  You girls know what I am like so bear with me... I miss my children...
I think this paper has been on for way over 50 years... It is so quaint... Right?
A little shelf in the bathroom....
More bathroom gatherings.....just not prim, I am afraid....
And a light to find your way in the middle of the night...LOL..
More bathroom vintage items...
another bathroom shelf.... I guess I must like them....
In an old bedroom a new fangled book shelf.. ... there are books in every corner in this old place..
I know... at home they are too...lol... I love books....
Just one more... I have probably bored you silly as usual...
I just want to thank you all for following and reading my blog...
It has been so nice to meet you this way...
Anyway....
Here is what really makes it so nice to be here in the summer...
I guess it doesn't matter if the place is as old as the hills and needs some new wallpaper and such.. It really is fine just the way it is..
Thank you dear Lord..
Now, remember to check in again and I will try to tell you how the storm turns out..
Have a wonderful long weekend and pray for me and I will pray for you...
Hugs...
Faye...

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cottage! I will pray your storms are not too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Won't the waves be marvelous to see- from a safe distance , of course! The song that says "Jesus is our shelter in teh time of storm" has popped into my head...

    ReplyDelete
  3. kids ? = DITTO :-) x x x
    You never know what you have till it's gone :-) x x x
    Great cottage pics... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful decorating ideas...The storm will be all right, we are strongest in a storm. Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...Faye ..you are just the sweetest thing! And I must say that I also MISS MY CHILDREN! Anyways,I just love your cottage and your post. Hope "Earl" has stayed away.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete