Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Fall days...


Hello dearies... 

I am taking a break from the household chores and having a nice hot cup of coffee to get me motivated again and I thought I would drop a note here for you qll.. 

I had these pics uploaded from the other day but had not got back to them so here we are.. 
Just a little catch up on the last few days at the farm before we came back home.. 

Up above is a pic of Charlie in the back seat when we went for a little drive to view Albert County at it's finest... smile.. 
You just have to act like you are going to go in the car and he gets right antsy and wants to tag along.. 
Anyway.. 

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at the farm !! 
The grandsons love being there and decided they should all buy it and split it 5 ways for the future... grin... 
They sure fill a room when they are all there together.. 
So love those boys... 
Yes, I am just a typical grandma... smile.. 

I did get a couple of batches of pumpkin done up.. 


A few to sell and a few for my friend Pam... 

The leaves were particularly lovely this year, I think.. 

Hope these views don't bore you all... 
We had a good amount of tomatoes and so I did up several batches of a soup base that Carmen from Keepers of the Home showed us how to make... 

This is a rice dish that I made and from delicious !  

And here is the link for the recipe if you would like to try it.. 


We had a great Keepers of the Home meeting ... 
It was all about breads... 
Carmen made a cheese bread and a lovely eggplant spread.. 




And Faye made homemade tortillas... 
It was all wonderful.. 
I did an English Muffin bread recipe... 
I will try to recap all the recipes and such with you at a later post, perhaps.. 

This is a little inspiration photo I copied... 

I have a cupboard a bit like it in our bedroom full of quilts but I think I need to revamp it all.. 

Well I guess this is all for this afternoon.. 
Terry went up to the farm with Dustin to get a few things so I better make haste and get supper in the oven.. 
I made a meatloaf and want to make a potato puff to go along with it and a Caesar Salad... 
My friend gave me a recipe for Caesar dressing and I love it.. 

1 cup of mayo 
1 T. lemon juice 
1 tsp. mustard  (your fave) 
1 T. balsamic vinegar (I used white wine once) 
salt and pepper
Minced clove or two of fresh garlic
Parmesan cheese to suit 
I also added a splash of fish sauce and a pinch of red pepper flakes.. 
Whisk together and store in mason jar in the fridge.. 
You won't be buying anymore expensive salad dressing with this recipe.. 
I won't name the brand but you know which one I mean.. grin.. 

Well, have a great week my loves and please leave me a note.. 

I am starting my cleaning from the back door through.. 
I did the closet and laundry today.. 
This is going to be a slow progress, I am afraid.. smile.. 

God love ya all..



17 comments:

  1. Hi Faye. Nice to see your post and how things are going with you back at your home in the country. I never tire of photos from Albert County so keep them coming. Kings County is pretty as well. :) Have a blessed week. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Faye, it's nice to visit with you. I've been in the process of moving, and you know how time consuming that can be. Autumn is surely pretty around your neck of the woods. This rice dish looks delicious. I've always loved rice, and my mom didn't make it that often when I was growing up. That picture of your dog looking out the window is so delightful. I hope you are enjoying these wonderful days of Autumn, Faye.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening Faye, lovely pictures of Fall and yummy food. Love the cupboard, I think yours would look wonderful with quilts in it... Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures! I wish Fall looked like that around here! What is the pumpkin concoction in the jars? Looks like preserves or marmalade. Would you share the recipe?

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam.. So nice to have you visit.. The recipe is here..
      theblessedhearth.blogspot.com/2011/.../winding-down-with-old-fashioned-pumpkin.h. Hope you can find it... I will add a link next post.. xo

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    I would like to know more about your pumpkin in the jar. :-)
    I love the photos...and your love for your boys.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to see your photos once again, Faye. I have missed seeing them. Thanks for the link to the recipe. It looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too would love to know more about the pumpkin the in the jar. As always beautiful photos, the first one with your beloved dog is a joy to behold. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blog as usual Faye, I would also like to know a little more about your pumpkin in the jar, and can you do the same with squash. Fall is just the most wonderful season, and it's colours always never fail to impress us. Woo xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. All so beautiful Faye. it was a fab fall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your leaves are gorgeous! Please, please the recipe for the soup base! Sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your pictures are so beautiful and thank you for a good recipe for the salads too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Faye so good to have you back blogging! Pictures are great as always, never tire of them. Wondering about that pumpkin in the jars....looks so good. Loved the picture of your dog!!! Have a wonderful week! Blessings. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness it's so good having you back. It all looks so wonderful and family-centered. The food looks amazing. You have a natural touch and an artist's eye.
    Welcome home

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos . Oh that salad dressing sounds YUMMY ! Thanks for sharing have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to hear you had a great Thanksgiving with the family. Loved seeing the fall colors as we are having a bad color fall down here in Southern Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful post as always! I have copied out your Caesar salad dressing recipe, I can't wait to try it! Your pumpkin and tomato preserves look wonderful too! And what a special Thanksgiving to have had everyone there with you at the farm. Charlie looks quite thrilled to be out driving around. Hugs to you today dear Faye :)

    ReplyDelete