Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Another week in January...


Good Evening my dears.. 
Hope you had a great weekend.. 

Another week has rolled past in January.. 
I think the days seem longer, don't you?  
I am so enjoying this month.. 
The storms have not been horrendous yet and I love the evenings.. 
During the summer my husband does not know enough to come inside.. He is out there until after dark most days working and it makes me feel guilty being inside and not accomplishing much.. 
The winter is different because we have supper and then just relax.. 
I can enjoy myself because there is no guilt.. lol... 

Anyway, during the day I do try to accomplish a few chores and January always means marmalade.. 

Clementine Marmalade.. 
It takes a bit of fussing but it is worth the effort.. 
The recipe is HERE..

Then the other day I did this fun thing.. 

When I had my shop I made up some lights with little homespun rags tied between them.. I found them and decided they would provide some extra light for reading when I go to bed.. 
Love them.. 

Then as always we have soup... 

Home made turkey stock and lots of veggies.. 
The summer savoury isn't added yet.. 
Soooo good!! 

We here in New Brunswick have had some beautiful days.. 

Lovely light white snow along with some lovely sunny days.. 
So pretty.. 

I finally finished my little owl bunting.. 



Just a little touch of homemade for the winter.. 
I know it is kind of simple but with the lights it is a nice change during the evenings.. 

This hangs on the edge of the mantel.. 

Another little owl.. 
I made this a year or two ago.. 

On with the show.. smile.. 
The last while I have been trying to perfect a few basic recipes.. 
This was this weeks project.. 
Scones.. 
Let's say that I am getting there.. 
Just a few more tries... smile.. 
Sunday night supper.. 


We are so enjoying the canned green beans and mustard pickles.. 
Trying to make sure we are using up the food we put up for Winter.. 

And then there is Charlie.. 

Penny was asking about Charlie.. He is doing fine.. 
Thank you for asking, dear.. 
He goes with us where ever we go.. 
He seems to know we are going away before we do.. 
We go get ready and when we come into the Family Room he is prancing around waiting.. grin.. 
He's a good dog.. No, really!!  
Trevor was here with Joel yesterday.. 
They had been to the woodlot and dropped by.. 
Trev does everything he can to make friends with Charlie but no hope.. 
The dear lad just smiles when Charlie growls and chews at him and says he is a good dog!  
I think I would give up but he just keeps trying.. smile.. 

I had just taken a banana bread out of the oven and they had no breakfast or lunch.. 
So.. we fried up some eggs and instead of toast they had banana bread.. smile.. 
Love having the kids drop by.. 
Life is good..
And God is good.. 
All of the time..  


Take care my friends and thanks so much for your visit.. 
Oh here is the link for the banana bread.. 
So fast and so easy.. 
I posted about making the bread Here..

God bless.. xo

16 comments:

  1. I love your owl banner, so cute! I never developed a taste for marmalade, but my mom loved it, especially on toast. Last year I made several different kinds of scones, but I haven't made any this year. Hmmmm... I think I have to remedy that. I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faye our scones in Australia are quite different :-) I love your snow photos as they cool down our hot summer days. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the owl bunting, something like that would be the perfect addition to my craft room. Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scone ring looks very good. I used to have struggles with scones.....then realised they like a very hot oven. Much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet bunting. You are full of ideas AND you act on them!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really sweet bunting. All ideas are awesome. you inspired me a lot. i'm working in a cleaning company. your blog is really helpful for me. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lights over the bed; so cozy! Your blog is always so inspiring, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just brought home the clementines and lemon and they are going in the pot. Thanks so much for the recipe, Faye!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faye, Hello! Your home is so lovely, I have enjoyed reading your January days.
    Scones take practice or at less they do for me, your's look wonderful! Thank you for the sweet visit today, I really enjoyed your comment. (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to stop in for a visit with you this evening dear Faye! Your posts are always so comforting, filled with little bits and pieces of your life. I love it :) Love that soup, I like adding summer savory too! And that banana bread looks delicious. Improvisation always comes in handy with hungry kiddos! Love your owl bunting, it is just darling. I enjoy the winter months as well, as it is time to slow down and just relax and enjoy being cozy :) Your table settings always look so lovely and the pickles are refreshing to enjoy all winter long. Many hugs to you today dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Faye, thanks so much for stopping by. I always love to get visitors. The recipe for the chicken filling for quesadillas is super simple. I don't really have a recipe. I used deboned leftover chicken. Doesn't really matter what kind, rotessierie-baked-cooked whatever you have on hand. Then I use whatever veggies I have, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, spinach, you get the idea. I always add onion and garlic. Saute them all together, add the chicken. Thats about it. If I don't have a lot of veggies I somtimes add black beans or pintos. Cabbage is also good. We love it and it is a good way to use up veggies. I hope this is helpful. If you have any questions, just email me. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the photo of Charlie soaking up the sunshine! My mother used to have a dog who didn't like tall men and would shy away from my husband (6 ft4inches) for a long time - we think she must have been mistreated in her early life by a tall man. Eventually they became great friends so perhaps there's hope for Charlie and Dustin yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the photo of Charlie soaking up the sunshine! My mother used to have a dog who didn't like tall men and would shy away from my husband (6 ft4inches) for a long time - we think she must have been mistreated in her early life by a tall man. Eventually they became great friends so perhaps there's hope for Charlie and Dustin yet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry - wrong man! Hope Trevor and Charlie make friends soon.

    ReplyDelete