Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

Creative Spring Days...


Happy Monday dear hearts.. 
Hope you all had a great weekend.. 

Here is a little craft I made for the pantry at the farm.. 
I saw the sign on the web and thought I would make one.. 
While we were at the farm I came across this green board and it was just big enough for the window sill... 
I may try and make a one liner board if I come across one.. 


Then I made a new recipe for crackers... smile.. 


They are simply delicious !! 
But so so much work.. 
Well worth it, though so I thought I would pass it along to you.. 
Once you make them a couple of times it does not seem like such a big job.. 
It is all in the figuring out of how to actually get them made.. 
So here goes.....

ICE WATER CRACKERS

All you need are 24 saltine crackers... 
A large cookie tray with an edge.. 
4 cups of iced water
1/2 cup of melted butter.. 
And lots of paper towels and tea towels..

Heat oven to 450 degrees F. 
Place the 24 crackers on a tray with an edge and pour over the 4 cups of iced water.. 
You may not need the whole 4 cups but pour over as much water as will fit on the tray.. 
The recipe said to leave them for 5 minutes but I found that 2-3 was plenty.. 
They will kind of float so make sure you use a metal spatula and lay them on prepared folded towels with paper towels arranged on top.. 

Let them sit for 5 minutes to drain.. 
Meantime, melt the 1/2 cup of butter and pour half of it on the dried cookie tray.. 

Place the crackers back on the tray one at a time.. 
I found that when you lifted the paper towel on the edge you could sort of peel the cracker off without breaking them.. 
Then drizzle the rest of the butter on the top of the crackers.. 
A bit of sea salt is ok if they are not salted already.. 

Bake at 450 degrees F. for 12 -15 minutes.. 
It depends on your oven.. 

I needed to make these twice before I felt I had the hang of it.. 
We had company for supper and they loved them also.. 
So tasty.. 
Let me know if you give them a try.. 
You can serve these warm or you can store them in a tin if you can get them that far.. 
Both times I made them they just vanished.. grin.. 

I did get my curtain done from the last post.. 


This is a pic from Pinterest... 
Each curtain one makes would be different as the doilies differ...
eh?  
Anyway, Terry needs to hang the curtain rod for me and I hope to have a pic next post.. K? 

We are also making this ...



A chicken wire heart stuffed with mosses.. 
It is drying .. 
Also, I need one more kind of moss.. I know where it grows up near the farm but we have not been there for a few days but next time up we hopefully can get it.. 
I think it will be a nice change from a wreath for the door.. 
I saw that idea on Pinterest, too, of course.. smile.. 

Trying to use up some of my stash of linens and lace.. 

a sweet gift from our Wisconsin friends.. xo

Here are some ideas that I have for some of my tattered linens.. 

Bunting... Don't you love it? 

Bags... 



I love this one.. 
Take tea towels and add some embroidery from tattered pieces to the bottoms of the tea towels.. 


And hangers.. 
You can find these pins on my Linens and Lace board.. 

Well, that is all for now my friends.. 
Hope you find something to enjoy or inspire you a bit.. 

Spring is such a great season !  I find myself wanting to create something each day.. smile.. 

Thanks for visiting and your sweet comments.. 
Also I would like to welcome all of the new Face Book followers who have liked the blog page.. 
Glad to have you along..  

Thanking God for all of his blessings of answered prayers during the last couple of weeks.. 
He is always faithful !!
We may go through storms of life but our God is there with us in the midst of it all and He sees us through... 
God bless..xoxo




21 comments:

  1. Hi Faye, I really love all of your embroidery work and such but I have to say my favorite on your blog today is: your last paragraph! Yes, our God is always with us...no matter what! Thank you, my dear!

    L..
    S..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many good ideas for old linens. I'll have to keep an eye out at the thrift store. Can't wait to see your curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent you an email, Faye, dear.

    *hugs*
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Faye. Your little sign is just perfect for your pantry shelf and sure does work for you as you love to bake and make up your own recipes. The crackers look yummy but do sound kind of tricky to make. I love the ideas for old linens and pillow slips. They are really sweet, especially the bunting. Thanks for sharing these. It sounds like we might get some actual spring weather this week once the rain is gone. Enjoy! Hugs. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited about the moss wreath. Please do a tutorial if you can. Thank You,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sign, Faye. Very cute. It is lovely to see what people can do with old doileys etc. isn't it? They have so many creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything!
    Now I want one of each too.
    Doilies here are very expensive,
    Still worth searching out for a pretty curtain like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you ideas for your old linens and doilies, inspirational. I am going to start up a little collection. Looking forward to seeing the moss wreath. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still have so many of my mother's linens. You have given me some good ideas for using them! Your moss wreath will look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the recipe sign! :) I use old lace and linens for projects to put in my shop. I love working with old lace!
    xo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is just filled to the brim with pretty and inspiring things. Love the sign you made . . . very charming :)
    Have a lovely day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sign is so neat and I can't wait to see the curtain and your moss heart when done... those are neat ideas to use with the linens!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your ideas with the linens and can't wait to see the finished window curtain Faye. The crackers sound interesting and look good, will have to try them one day. I really like the little sign,I have seen it before and have it in my to do to list 😀 for one day. I know the moss wreath will be beautiful looking forward to your sharing it also. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your ideas with the linens and can't wait to see the finished window curtain Faye. The crackers sound interesting and look good, will have to try them one day. I really like the little sign,I have seen it before and have it in my to do to list 😀 for one day. I know the moss wreath will be beautiful looking forward to your sharing it also. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Faye . Love all your crafting ideas and recipes , weird but interesting cracker idea . Thanks for sharing , have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always wanted to do something with my old embroidered pieces and I love the idea of making it into a bag or hanger cover. I have a rod for dresses and mens' suits in our walk-in closet. I usually put a long towel over the top of the garments to keep dust off. Embroidered pieces on a long piece of linen would really be pretty. Would never have thought of it if i hadn't read your blog. The crackers look wonderful too. I'm not so industrious to make the moss heart but I love looking at what others can do with some of God's creation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed all your crafting ideas that you have planned. Pinterest certainly shares some amazing things for sure! I liked the linens made into hangar covers, so pretty! I have a ton of linens that I need to put to good use too. A curtain made out of doilies - love that! Your crackers certainly look like a lot of work, but worth it if they are yummy :) I too enjoy trying new things, and I enjoy seeing your efforts :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bette -Today was the first time I came across your postings. I love every project I saw! I have been collecting old doilies & linens for years & need a new purpose for them. II love your curtain idea! Thank-you for your inspirations for both the tummy & the soul.

    ReplyDelete