Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Autumn Whimsy ...


Hello my dears...
Welcome to the Blessed Hearth this beautiful Sunday evening.. 
Hope you are all enjoying this lovely season.. 
As you who read the blog know I am a Spring/Summer season lover.
 But I have to say that this Autumn that we are having here in eastern Canada is extraordinarily beautiful!  
So with that in mind I thought I would make a little Autumn post perse.. smile.. 

To begin though I want to let you know that these are not all my pics but also images that I found across the web and thought of what Autumn is all about ... to me... 

Let's close our eyes for a moment....
And just imagine.... 

What shades of Autumn come to your mind? 
Keep your eyes closed... grin.. 

Colours of cinnamon, ginger and cloves... 
The shapes of pumpkins, squashes and gourds.... 
The scents of apples cooking in a pot of jelly, spicy chilli and cumin simmering on the back burner, ginger cookies with sugar sprinkled on them baking in the oven or the vanilla and nutmeg candles flickering on the end table.... 
The breezes blowing in your face as you are wrapped up in a tartan throw on your front porch with the aroma of your freshly perked coffee from your favourite mug....
The sound of the leaves crunching under your feet as you walk up the lane or the sough of the wind in the pine trees beside your swing...  
And oh that book that inspires hearth and home sitting on your bedside table just waiting to be inhaled! 
The crisp breeze fluttering the curtain beside your bed...  
Oh.... Autumn... 
God has truly been good to us!  
Thank you dear Lord!  

Open your eyes!   
Now wasn't that fun? grin ... 
Ok.. On with the story... 

Here are just a few images I thought you might enjoy to begin your week tomorrow.. 
Monday.. 
A week of potential just waiting to be enjoyed... 












dear old Charlie... miss him still... 


Here is a poem by one of my fave poets... 
Autumn
The leaves are falling one by one,
The Summer days are past and gone,
The nights are cool and damp;
The little children think it strange
At tea-time, for they note the change,
We have to light the lamp;
To roost the chickens earlier go,
And everything has ceased to grow.

The pumpkins now are big and round,
And turning yellow on the ground,
The leaves are drifting down;
The farm seems bigger than before,
'T is stripped of all its wondrous store;
Only the russets brown
Still linger on the trees, and they
Will soon be picked and packed away.

The cellar's stored with rare delights\
To while away the winter nights;
The squeaking cider mill
Is gushing forth its nectar rare,
A drink that all the gods call fair;
And O, the world is still;
A hush has settled over all,
The Summer's gone and it is Fall.


Such a lovely poem.. 

Well sweet friends... 
Thank you for stopping by and visiting for awhile.. 
I am hoping that my Face Book page challenges are over.. 
We shall see ... 

I so loved all of your dear notes that you left ... 
Here and on Face Book.. 
So adore hearing from you ... 

I shall try to get back to you sooner.. 
I have some lovely fall recipes and I made candles!!  
Grin.... 
Getting a start on my Christmas gift pantry.. 

Take care!

Praying you have a good week and you enjoy the Fall season with your dear families ... 
That your homes are warm and fragrant with the scent of HOME!
Hugs..

PS... 
Just wanted to leave a thought for a sweet friend who followed this blog for several years and has gone on to meet the Lord.. 

 This is a comment she left me just a bit ago.. 

Your blogs are becoming almost poetic....I love them! Such an interesting life you have. I have to tell you....I absolutely love cows....they’re just so placid. Have a great week and God bless! ❤️

She was lovely.. I will miss her.. 

GOD BLESS!  

13 comments:

  1. Loved it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I'm a Spring,/Summer person also. Nice poem. Thanks for sharing. Thelma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous images and thoughts of autumn. Each season has something to recommend it doesn't it. We have Bonfire Night here in autumn ( Guy Fawkes night - he tried to blow up Parliament with gunpowder if you don't know the story) which means bonfires, fireworks, hot chocolate etc. People are encouraged now to go to organised displays to cut down on polluting bonfires etc. I love all the seasons and look forward to each one coming round. Lit the log fire last night for the first time this autumn - making Dundee cake today.
    Thanks for a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always a lovely post and yummy post to . I to am more of a Spring/Summer person as well but even I am enjoying this fall we are having here in southwestern Ontario .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just loved your description of Autumn, I just wanted to sit on your porch wrapped in that tartan blanket and enjoy coffee, while nibbling on a ginger cookie..it all sounded so beautiful ~ thank you for sharing your beautiful Autumn thoughts with us all :) ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post and special poem. thank you
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just loved this post...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this article with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh.. definitely love this post! thanks for sharing this..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this! I’d love to see a tutorial of your cupcakes they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your writing paints a magnificent picture in my mind. 🧡 Autumn has always been my absolute favorite season but, every season holds beautifully unique blessings of its own. What a beautiful world the Lord has made. 🥰 Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spent the day at the Toronto CNE today. It was hot but means the coming of fall. I love Fall the most and reading your description made me smile and get excited for those cooler nights. Thank you for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful sweater!

    ReplyDelete