Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2021

An April Catch-up Post...

Hello my dear friends.. 
It has been awhile but I am happy to finally get this post published.. 
I have had it here partly done for a couple of weeks.. 
No excuses!  smile. 
 
How are you all? 
We are doing fine here in the province of New Brunswick.. On the East coast of Canada.. 
So much to catch up on today so I will get right to it..
 
We had Easter.. 
It was lovely and we spent a day with Shonda and Dave..
She served a beautiful dinner.. 
Here are a few pics.. (better late then never, I hope)😏..  
She had a most beautiful table setting.. 
Note the centrepiece which she made out of a hollowed out cabbage!  Imagine! 💗. 
I have to mention her fish water pitcher which make a gurgling sound when poured!  💧.. 

She has perfected her sourdough making... 


The food was delicious! 
She made her Great Aunt Mary's White Cake recipe.. 
Aunt Mary would have been so proud.. smile.. 

And I had to include this dear pic.. 


Because of circumstances... Trevor working, some of the grandsons working or studying the only grandson there was Matt.. 
This is a pic of our upcoming doctor counting his egg hunt booty!!
Love this pic... I am his Grandma!! 😊.. 
This was the tail end of our drive back home that day..  
All was well and we had a beautiful family time.. 

Here at home I had made a few decors for Easter... 

Another needle felted cushion... 
For the living room.. 
I know I shared some of this stuff on Instagram.. Sorry if you are seeing it twice..


Then I made this bunting from an old hymn book that was pretty old.. 
I drew crosses and cut them out then painted a few vines around the cross and hung them on the hutch... 


Well. that is enough about Easter.. 

Here are a few things I have enjoyed crafting.. or whatever.. 





Soaps using flowers that I dried from my Mom's funeral and others that I had collected and dried last summer.. 
They are lovely.. 
Lavender and Patchouli

I housecleaned our living room.. 
Well.. Mostly..  
Terry is painting a bit in there this week, I hope.. 
Love having the sun shining!

We take a few drives out to check up on the farm..



The snow is gone!  Yeah!
The herbs are coming up... 
I even picked some fresh Thyme... 😀


Dear friends from Arkansas sent me a most lovely cookbook.. 


I really enjoy reading cook books as much as cooking from them, don't you? 
The photos in this one are beautiful! 
Thank you dear Becky and Mark and Becca!   
So happy to have met them in person!  
She had been following my blog and we connected.. 
Then they made a trip here to Canada to visit Prince Edward Island and we spent some wonderful time together.. 

Then one of my sweetest cousins made this and mailed it to me.. 

Isn't it darling?  
It is a stitched post card! 
And the envelope was hand painted... 
Thanks dear Val!! 

I hope I don't sound like I am bragging but just wanted to thank these sweet friends for thinking of me.. 
 
One sweetheart passed me a bag and told me to look at it when I got home.. 
A few of us had met for lunch and she passed it to me afterwards.. 
I was so touched when I opened it up.. 
A handmade quilt by her.. 




It was too beautiful to just throw over a chair so I put one of my Mother's crochet bedspreads on and redecorated the room.. 
Made a wreath to top the bed as to match the quilt.. 
Thank you so much my lovely friend... 

Then my darling daughter gave me two of her handmade crochet bags.. 

Market bags!! 💕
I just love using them. 😊

And finally... 
My dear husband came in the house with these beautiful roses and passed them to me... 
Just because..... 
Don't you think that fresh beautiful flowers can make your day?
Gotta love him!  😗

A bit of cooking as always...


Homemade No Knead Bread... 


And a Sunday Supper Cake.. 
My Great Aunt Emilie's !

please forgive the recipe.. 
the book is ancient!  smile.


Well dear hearts this is about it.. 
I seem to do much better on Instagram as it does not take long.. 
To be honest I am not on there consistently...
Anyway...

Thank you so much for being patient with me and sending me little notes and such.. 
I appreciate you all.. 
And welcome to you new followers here and on Face Book... 
God Bless you!

Take care and let's keep putting Jesus first in our lives.. 
He makes the difference.. 
Hugs 

5 comments:

  1. So happy to see your post! All the flowers are so pretty! I loved those gifts of yours, they think you're a peach' wink wink!
    The bread looks wonderful, I have never been able to get sour dough right. Maybe someday :)
    No wonder you are proud of those grandsons! A doctor & more !
    We took our two oldest grands to Sunday School today, they are 5 & 3. The 3rd is still an infant. As you, we are blessed.
    Most of the flower transplants survived the deep freeze but some of the veggie ones did not fare too well. Still time yet though for them to perk back up. Always we wait on for the Lord, and go about our simple doings until that day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you were able to be with family on Easter. We were by ourselves as Justin and family weren't coming and Megan is in another state. I was able to find spiraled ham on sale and able to use a gift card that Phil got from work in Dec. To use at Kroger/Fred Meyer. I'd never eaten it before but Phil did while growing up. It is delicious in making a ham and melted cheese sandwich, home made soup with white beans. Alot left over. The gifts you received are so nice. We were able to be on FB video chat with Justin and family. Good to see the grandchildren as we've not seen them since Sept. Plans changed as there were no picnic grounds open in a park we were going to on Sat. A bit cool and rainy as well. Hopefully in May we can meet together. Take care and good to see another blog post. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely photos, Faye. You know how much I loved the ones of your countryside. We are heading into winter soon here in Australia but that is probably much like your summer. LOL! I love the fish water pitcher. How very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like what you did with the hymn book. I have a very ancient hymn book with no covers. The paper is so old it's almost crumbling...I really can't use it as a hymn book but I would love to use it to decorate for next Easter. I only hope I can remember the idea that long! haha.

    ReplyDelete