Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Farm Post number 1/2021


Hello dear hearts!
Happy Mother's Day to you!
 Welcome to the Blessed Hearth! 
Just a little farm post for you on this day...

This was our first day there this year.. 
Terry has been each week mostly all winter but I have not been.. 
We had a few warm days and he went up the day ahead with Trevor..  They were planting apple trees..
 He kept the stove pumping to get rid of dampness... 
You know me and my old bones..
He worries about them more then I do but I am thankful for that.. 

Anyways.. 
It was a lovely day.. 
I couldn't get over the empty baked bean cans!  grin.. 
They must have been convenient lunches for him.. 
No wonder he never wanted me to pack his lunch except for a banana or such.. smile.. 

I started the morning with turning on some music and getting my incense burning..  


I love Sandalwood!  
Freshens the house right up after a long closed up winter.. 

Then I did some dishes and cleaned the kitchen.. 

The table was covered with his stuff.. 
Seeds and tools and such.. 

Then I started getting lunch ready.. 
While it was cooking I started on the fridge.. 
I detest that job even if there is not much food in there.. 
But it got done.. Takes so long! 😐

Loved digging out some new placemats that I found at a thrift store.. 

I think they are handwoven.. 
Some homemade dill pickles brought from home.. 
And a Shepherds Pie was put in the old oven.. 
Love love that old stove!


I made the topping with mostly turnips and only one potato, I think..
Trying to cut back on carbs.. smile.. 
Do you spy that dear wee milk pitcher?  Don't you love it?  grin.. 

Our own home canned peas and hamburger, onions and such.. 
I asked Terry to bring up a jar of our green beans but he thought I said peas.. Didn't matter.. 
We just have a lot more beans left yet then peas... 
I have not canned peas until last Fall.. 
We loved them and hopefully he will plant many more so I can get a lot more jars done up for this coming Winter.. 
I think this is Shonda's recipe..  

It was a nice change from my regular one.. 

After a nice cup of tea and a banana, I read a bit and he had a nap.. 

He went back outside to work on the raised beds.. 

And fill the truck with wood to take home.. 
I did some more cleaning and puttering.. 

A new book I picked up at Chapters.. 
My grandson will love it.. smile.. 

I bought a box of pansies to put on the table here and at the farm.. 


Such sweet little cheery faces... 

I wanted to include the recipe for you of the cake Shonda made at Easter.  

my dear 
Aunt Mary's White cake... 
1 1/2 cups white sugar plus 1 tablespoon
Shortening the size of an egg
1 cup of milk
2 cups flour scant
1 tsp of soda scant
2 tsp of cream of tartar
1/2 tsp of salt
2 eggs last
I use a 9 inch round deep round pan or 9x12    
Shonda used a Bundt pan  
350 degrees F.   

This recipe us how she told it to me!! ❤


I have been wanting to make the cake all week but we were too busy, I guess.. 
So I took a pic of one I had posted on Instagram awhile ago.. 

I have been doing a photo challenge on Instagram for a cozy living posts.. 
Each day has a different theme .
This is the pic for a cozy corner...


A corner of the Living Room.. 
I still have a lot to do in that room.. 
Just takes time as my dear husband keeps telling me when I get a bit overwhelmed.. smile.. 

All in all it was a great day and I am excited to get back and get into some real work.. 
Like painting the cupboard in the pantry and the china cabinet in the livingroom.. 
You know what I mean, eh?   
Fun stuff... lol..

And so we headed for home.. 


Twas a good day!  

Some words in a journal I have up there... 

Written in my journal back when life was normal!  
But forever true! 
 
He shall be as the light of the morning
A cloudless sunrise 
When the tender grass
Springs forth upon the earth;
As sunshine after rain.. 

Last year 2020 with the virus doing it's thing we didn't stay at the farm.. 
Just went a few days a week and back home.. 
Hopefully, this year it will be better and we will be there for the summer.. 
We are ordering our chickens.. 
Terry has plants growing and I am planning.. smile.. 

God bless you dear girls ... 
Love your homes.. 
Love your families and love the Lord.. 

My first Mother's Day without my precious Mom.. 
Miss her everyday... 
Love her forever.. 

Hugs from New Brunswick... 

 

14 comments:

  1. Hugs Sweet Faye, I still dream of my Momma often. Most often it is of us doing whatever, prowling a house, a garden, in a kitchen etc. Most often it is in an unfamiliar place, it is not the place but her companionship I think that keeps coming to me. It is not hard gruef like when she passed in 2003, just like everyday activities we always kept going between us. One of these days I will see her again in heaven. I believe! Just missing her in the interim, I think.
    I love your post, your Terry is looking good these days, and that cake! Sure looks yummy! I love your farm. I hope you get to stay there some this year.hus, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cozy nook! blue and white dream....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use that same hamburger pie recipe! (That’s what we have always called it. 😃). And I, too, like incense. My favorite is Nag Champa - guess it is a remnant of my old hippie days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blue and white table settings look so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blue and white table setting - so very pretty. Thank you for sharing as you do, it is comforting.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Wishing you a lovely week ahead, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss my momma also, but will see her in Heaven one day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a little late but still wishing you a Happy Mother's Day Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm way late but still wishing you a Happy Mother's Day! I love your pictures and the Hamburger with potatoes and peas looks delicious. My dear mother has been gone for 15 years and I still miss her dearly even though I know I will see her again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm way late but still wishing you a Happy Mother's Day! I love your pictures and the Hamburger with potatoes and peas looks delicious. My dear mother has been gone for 15 years and I still miss her dearly even though I know I will see her again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Faye thank you so much! I have really enjoyed this post. Wishing you a wonderful blessed day. PS I love that verse and I am going to make that cake Love Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always so wonderful to stop in for a visit with you Faye! I enjoy your back to the farm visits, I can imagine your joy as you just putter and enjoy being there! Your shepherd's pie looks delicious, and a lot like one I make as well. We are trying to cut back on carbs as well. It's hard! So good to know that you will be back at the farm for the summer, sounds like a lot of wonderful things to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hugs
    Dear Friend, Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete