Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Ten lovely ways to make your Winter home cozy....


Hello there dear hearts.. 
Welcome to the Blessed Hearth today.. 

This is to be a special blog post because the homegoods company called Wayfair.ca invited me to participate in a little campaign they have going on.
 I am to write a post giving a few tips which will help create a cozy home during these last several weeks of Winter.

Here in Eastern Canada we have been hit with two huge back to back snow storms this past week and it is hard to imagine an end in sight.. 

So let's talk about a few ideas that might help us to revamp our homes into cozy retreats for the rest of the season.. 

1.  The first idea of course is to have a nice warm fire... 
Either in our fireplaces, stoves or such.. 
But if you don't have a fireplace or don't want to bother with the work of fire making then make a mock fireplace with candles.
Grouping candles of different sizes on a shelf,  a coffee table or at the base of a fireplace is a great way to add a cozy spark to your home.. 
2..Candles just naturally cheer up a space.. 

3..  Throws and Blankets..

Throws are lovely but sometimes it does add a sense of warmth and flair to go with faux fur. 
Adding blankets to chairs and couches injects a touch of warmth to any room... 

4.. Plants.. 
Any room can benefit from greenery not only in the decorative sense but they are wonderful for your health.. 
This past year I have been trying to grow plants and place them about..
I think they add coziness, don't you? 

Making coffee and glancing out of the kitchen window on a Winter's morning with the snow piled high is somehow cheerful with the colourful Geraniums peering outside, too! smile.. 

5..Speaking of kitchens ... Copper adds such a touch of warmth to this centre of our home.. 
The lovely copper colour reflects the light.. 
Whether it is a wintry sun shinning through the kitchen window or the reflection of a candle burning on the counter or hutch.. 
Copper is classic and so rich looking, I think.. 

6..  Wonderful home cooked meals and lovely set tables.. 
Sitting around the supper table with a delicious meal definitely  makes a big contribution towards a cozy home anytime of the year but especially during the long evenings of Winter.. 
Tablecloths and dinnerware can make the food taste better, eh?  smile.. 

7..  Books...
Taking time in the afternoon or evening to turn the pages of a book along with a lovely cuppa makes for a cozy spot in your day.. 
Books and plants are in the same catagory to me.. 
They just emanate the coziness  of home and especially during the winter months..
I can never have too many bookshelves, if you know what I mean.. 

8..Bread...
Yup... 
You have to agree that there is no other smell as cozy as homemade bread and it is so comforting... 
It is very easy to make now with the many no knead recipes that one can find on the internet.. 
Here is the link for this one here..
It will take only 5 minutes of your day.. 

9.  Fragrance.. 
Plug- ins, candles, sprays or even homemade potpourris can make a stale home smell delightful.. 
Spices and fruits mixed with water and simmered in a pot on the stove or in the oven smell glorious.. 
Or even wrap some up in cheesecloth and tie with a string.. 
Dip into a potpourri burner along with a bit of cider...
Don't you think that anything that makes your house smell delicious is money well spent?
Me, too.. 

10..  Make a few cozy corners for yourself.. 
They will give you a quiet spot during busy days or restful place at the end of one.. 
This is my favourite spot.. 
Our water bed... 
So warm and cozy.. 
A flannel covered down filled duvet, an open window, a smelly candle and the book.. 
Heavenly.. smile..

and this one.. 

An old lazy boy, a pile of books and the electric fireplace in our sun room is another cozy spot for me.. 
And my plants.. smile.. 
Well, my friends this about wraps it up.. 

I hope you will find something inspiring here to help you cope with the rest of our Winter season and make a bit of cozy for yourself.. 

Looking out of our Family Room window the other night at this beautiful sunset gives us hope of waking up to a sweet Spring morning very soon.. 

Thank you so much for visiting and I look forward to reading your sweet notes that you leave.. 

Also... 
 I would like to thank Wayfair.ca for this honour of allowing me this opportunity to represent them even in this small way..
There are several links above in the post to Wayfair.ca and their cozy products.. 

Take care and God bless.. 
xo 


24 comments:

  1. 10 lovely tips, makes me want to come visit even with all that snow! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post to remind us of simple things to make life cosier. Sorry you have so much snow here where I live in the Uk we have not had much the odd snow flutter but nothing that has really landed. We are very low lying here and it has to be bad in the surrounding villages for Peterborough to get the snow. Never mind its just how it is. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely your home must be!
    This was a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post to remind us of simple things to make life cosier. Sorry you have so much snow here where I live in the Uk we have not had much the odd snow flutter but nothing that has really landed. We are very low lying here and it has to be bad in the surrounding villages for Peterborough to get the snow. Never mind its just how it is. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10 lovely tips make me feel all warm and cozy right now!!!!! Just reading your ideas put a warmth in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Faye, Everything I love.. Makes a house a home.. I guess we are alike in so many ways xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips!
    I too, incorporate throws, books and candles in our living spaces. Plush pillows in a scatter are also cuddle inducing. If you don't have a fireplace, there are dvd's that when played, feature a fireplace crackling away on your tv. Great for parties!

    Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful tips to make our homes feel cosy. I have a stove in the lounge which adds to the ambience of a Winters evening. All that snow makes me shudder, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all those photos, Faye. I guess you do get tired of looking out the window and seeing white all the time and really look forward to spring. The changes in the seasons aren't so pronounced here in Australia. I hope you start seeing some colour outside soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great writing Faye and I know you live all of these cozy ideas in your home daily. So inviting to friends. Luv ya my dear friend of many many many years !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always need living plants in our home in the wintertime. It always gives me a mood boost to see them growing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Faye your home always looks cozy in all of your posts. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pictures, warm and inviting. I do love my fireplace and my wood, the best part of winter for us here. My husband once said, that the only thing wrong with Summer, was that he couldn't light the fire 😉. Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Faye, these are The perfect collection of winter time warmth! You are so adorable!!! Loved every suggestion and photo!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO many wonderful ideas that you have inspired us with, my dear Faye! Ways to make our homes nice and cozy. I love geraniums and they are so colorful and cheerful during the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, love this post. I am doing the same thing here, although we are thawed out for the moment! Sending love to you...xoxo
    Marybeth

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of your ideas are perfect for cozy homes! I can think of nothing to add, then perhaps music? Our favorite thing to do is to play instruments, especially old hymns and choruses, my family agrees that really adds a special measure of cozy to our evenings. Always love your home cooked meals, sweet vintage touches throughout your home! Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many wonderful homely ideas. You can never have to many books. I like your bread bag and have been thinking of buying one. Do they work well please.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Michelle.. So nice to hear from you.. I keep checking your blog to see if you have posted lately.. smile.. I just made the bag from a linen tea towel and they do a great job for artisan bread.. When it is a softer crust I put a plastic bag inside of it and just leave it on the pantry counter.. Take care, dear heart.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your home does indeed look so very cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning! I just wanted to let you know that we have * FEATURED * this post today on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! Thank you for taking the time to share with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely post on coziness :) - I do most of these things the only thing I wish we had was some of your snow! Not much in the UK this year sadly. (yes, I love snow LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful post Faye! Your home does indeed look cozy. We had snow for just about a minute on Sunday morning. Just long enough for me to get excited before it changed to rain. I do miss the white stuff messy as it is.

    Be blessed,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
    Southern Missouri, USA

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW, your pot today just made me soooo happy...thank you.

    ReplyDelete