Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Farm Journal 7














Good afternoon dear hearts.. 
Just a quick little post for you while I am waiting on my laundry.. 
Hope you are all well and enjoying the last days of summer.. 
So sad.. 
I want to hang onto her coat tails.. grin.. 
They do say that our Maritime Fall is to be very warm and nice so that is lovely if it happens..  

I have posted some pics that has been taken since my last time on here.. 
We are like you sweet people.. 
Busy.. 
Being at the farm and making and doing and running the roads.. 
Lots of pickling going on.. 
The gardens are wonderful and the herbs are calling my name each morning when I let the dog out.. lol.. 
I heeded the basil and did a bit of pesto.. 
It looks messy but will freeze in nice little squares and pack them in the freezer for the winter.. 
Love adding it to spaghetti, soups, tomato sandwiches, salad dressings and the like... 
Do you make pesto? 

Made lots of dill bean pickles and canned a lot.. 
Green Beans are one of our fave vegetables and are also lovely added to soups.. 

We have been to the cottage much more often this summer then last.. 
The last time down we had a gorgeous humongous wind.. 
Terry was away and when he came upstairs to bed he said the curtains were straight out and I was all wrapped up like I was in my nest.. The window was up as far as it would go and I was loving every moment.. That was when he decided to sleep in another bed and in another room.. lol.. It was fun!  We also had an evening down by the waves listening to them crash to and fro while we ate a dish of homecut frenchfries from a new take out there.. 
All covered up in throws and snacking away was so much fun.. 
So glad he mostly enjoys my bad weather love affair.. grin.. 

When we came home I made a couple of loaves of Artisan Bread.. 
One was for a gift for a young fellow at our church but he wasn't there on Sunday.. So we had them both.. smile.. 

The wind has been rather fierce at the farm too and disabled our flag.. AGAIN.. So up goes Mr. Superflag.. 
All fixed but not without a bit of praying, as always.. 

God is so faithful, isn't he?? 
Not just in the big things but in the little everyday normal things.. 
And answers us so personally that we know that it is from the Lord because who else knows all about us like He does.. 

We all face troubled times even during the best days of our lives.. 
Life is life and we have our trials.. 
This week the Lord brought back to my memory an old chorus we used to sing when I was just a kid.. 

It went like this.. 
He will calm the troubled waters of your soul.. 
Takes your broken heart and make it whole.. 
When the storms of this life seem dark and cold.. 
He will calm the trouble waters .. 
The dark troubled waters of your soul... 

And he does.. 
He grants us peace that can only come from him..
When we put our trust in the fact that He does all things well..  

The trouble might not be anymore then a couple of broken trucks or overwhelmed by all one has to accomplish in a day but He can pour the sweet oil of peace over us and give us our joy...  

God bless you sweet hearts and will be back as soon as I am able... 

Hope to hear from you all.. 
Peace.... 



15 comments:

  1. Hi Faye,

    It looks as though you have had a peaceful and industrious time down at the Farm; your produce also looks very good and very scrummy. Here in the UK things have been a bit stormy and the evenings are getting shorter and colder. So much so this evening I have set too and made home made cottage pie (mince with veggies and a layer of mashed potato and then lots of grated cheese) mostly for OH to give him something substantial after a day at work but most of all comfort food for us both. Simple and substantial but it does the trick. I shall have to have a go at making the pesto. Do you leave the pine nuts and parmesan in for freezing or do you add them to the defrosted leaves later on. Glad to see you back if only for a little while. Take care.

    Pattypan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Faye!. Your homestead is such a lovely place. All your homemade goodies look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Faye :) we have been busy here in the cottage. I don't make pesto but I do dry my basil and it is perfect when we make pasta and pizza.
    Have a blessed week...
    mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Faye. I loved your post and pictures as always. You've had a busy summer and here it is almost fall. I'm in Calgary this week and it is quite cool here the past few days compared to NB right now! i hear we are to have a warm fall in the Maritimes and I hope we can hang on to some of those summer-like days. Blessings. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is good all of time, all of the time, God is so good!.....loved your pictures as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HE poured that sweet oil of peace over me and Jim (Papa) a couple of weeks ago when the two grandkids left for their freshman year at college. I asked for his help and sure enough ....the grandkids are doing very well and so are their parents (our children). I pray your college bound grandsons are doing well also. Sounds like you have been enjoying the summer. I am really glad for you and Mr. Superflag!!!!!!!

    L.

    S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss you and loved hearing how you are keeping busy. Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a joy to visit, you are always so industrious and it is a delight to see what you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to see your post. I'm glad all is going well for you. I too enjoy a good wind. I read in scripture that wind comes from the storehouse of God. I like that. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your artisan bread looks delicious and I want a slice with butter and jam and a cup of tea please! :-} I felt God's peace this week as my good friend since girlhood died on Monday from cancer. Hard to fathom but I know she's at peace in God and we'll meet again on the beautiful shore in heaven. Laughed at your stormy night with blanketed in bed and windows open! Blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is nice to visit your lovely blog. Everything looks scrumptious and I love to look at your lovely pix. God bless. LJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post, Faye! The bread looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post made me hungry! All that fresh from the garden food and homemade bread... Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Faye, I must say how much I love the photo with the window, lace curtains, blue dishes, canning jars. Your home is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete