Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Such lovely days...


Well hello there everyone.. 
It has been awhile.. 
Sorry about that.. 

We have been busy and the last couple of weeks have been lovely.. 

Our dear boy came home from out west and we are so happy to be to reach out and actually touch him.. 
We have been so looking forward to seeing Dustin after ten months.. 
I think the dear thing got taller... 
Meeting him at the air port was a bit emotional as you can imagine.. 
Such a lovely feeling to wrap our arms around this kid that we have missed so... 


I am such an emotional person.. 
But they were tears of joy.. 
Terry is as bad as me.. smile.. 
Guess who else was happy...
So exciting!
Dear old Charlie did not forget this lad.... 
smile.. 

Dustin's first visit was to see his Gram... 

It was such a wonderful day!! 

 We have been celebrating here and there all week..   

Meanwhile at the farm... 
Everything is growing as it should.. 

Scarlet Runner Beans.. 

Herbs...

Zukes... 

Harvested our first crop of over the winter garlic... 
Love love them.. 

Decorated this sunflower,herb and veggie raised bed  with a few old saucers... 

On Sunday we all went to church together at our little church in Salisbury... 
Two grandsons were missed as one was working and one is away.. 
It was lovely! 

I think if my kids were to ask me if there was something that we could all do that I would love the most it would be to go to church together... 
It just makes my heart so glad!  
My Mom and Gerald came too... 
And Jada...
Thanking God for my precious family... 

Then... 
We all drove together in a convoy to Fundy National Park.. grin.. 

We ate at Harbour View... 
Dustin finally got to have some Fish from the East Coast.. 
Real fish as he calls it.. grin.. 
It was a lovely meal.. 

Then we visited the local bakery once again for the sticky buns and coffee.. 
Found a couple of picnic tables and just relaxed in the sun.. 
Some went for a walk to the beach and gathered shells and we just enjoyed ourselves.. 
The Bay of Fundy was very welcoming... 

The week has continued... 
I am enjoying making breakfast ... 

And a couple of his faves ... 
Meat Balls.. 
He is visiting his friends though so as it is harvest season the work still goes on.. smile.. 


Terry has picked 8 grocery bags of beans off of one row.. 
I did 20 pints of French beans.. 
It took me several hours to cut them in the French style but hoping it will be worth the labour as I love canned French beans.. 
We shall see.. 

Then there were dill pickles to do... 

Fermented a few jars also.. 

Here is the little way I found on Instagram to decorate the jars of jam and such.. 

Bought some oilcloth from the Hardware and cut it our in circles.. 
Put on elastics to hold and tied them up with twine.. 
You can reuse these.. 

We had a lovely breakfast last week, too with our grandson... 
Matt...
He is in the Honduras this week... 
We just wanted to see him before he left..
He is working hard down there..  
He will be home this weekend, also.. 
Thank the Lord... 

Every morning Charlie gets to see his master again.. 

Such a sweet photo of his devotion to Dustin... 

The sad thing though is that the week is almost over and he will be gone again for too long.. 
Talking on the phone and all the stuff the web offers is wonderful.. 
But it is not the same... 

He is happy though and doing well so this mama is satisfied and I just put his care in the hands of the Lord each and every day...
That is what we mothers and fathers do, eh? 

Lots of kids working out west these days.. 
The world changes but that doesn't mean I have to like it.. smile.. 


Summer is closing down and I need to buy a new steno tablet for lists of all the wonderful things I want to accomplish this Fall.. 

We have a few more days with Dustin and then next week I will try to be busy and not miss him so much... 

God is faithful and I am thankful... 

Thanks so much for stopping by this day.. 
Love having you visit and as always I so look forward to your dear notes.. 
You all rock... 

Take care of your sweet selves and your dear families... 

Hugs... 

Psalms 103 : 17
But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children—


16 comments:

  1. Faye...continue to enjoy the time you have with Dustin...it's so hard when they have to leave...been through that before when my daughter and grandson lived out west. Sounds like your garden is very successful this year. Mine was poor this year but hopefully I can get the soil in better condition for next summer. Can you believe how quickly August is slipping by? I just noted this evening ... it's starting to get dark now at 8:30. I hate for summer to end. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel... our daughter moved to Virginia two years ago (we live in northern NY). It's so hard when they move so far away. She just had a baby in July and I am so sad to missing all the changed that happen in those first few years. But, as you said about Dustin, she is happy and we really can't ask for anymore can we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Faye,
    This is a precious post!
    So happy for you to see your son, and spend time with him, and give him lots of mamma hugs!!
    We were up and down the freeway to pick up our son and daughter in love, and only Grand from the airport this past week. It had been nearly 6 months since we last saw them.
    They are onto their next adventure now, and we both (my sweet husband and I) broke down in tears as soon as their car drove down the street.
    No matter how big they get, they still have our hearts forever, don't them?!

    Lovely post full of heartwarming good things.. thanks for sharing.

    ~Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faye, enjoy your last few days with your son. I know how you feel. I haven't seen my daughter or grandchildren for nearly two years. His doggie is just so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With two of mine living abroad I know how wonderful it is to see them when they can get back. What a lovely time you all had.
    You are so busy with your harvesting, I can see that you will have plenty ready for the Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely for you to see your Son again and enjoy special time
    with your family.

    Love the way you have put the saucers on the flower bed,such a
    pretty touch.

    I enjoyed all your photos 🌼

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything in this post. I can feel how happy momma is ::). Miss u and c u soon. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hard time for me right now, too. Both grandson and granddaughter leave for college today, I had tears but so did Jim. They worked so much this summer that we hardly got to see them. Working is goodthough. Gives them lots of responsibility. Glad Dustin came home to be with you and Terry! Oh Boy, I know how you feel. We just love them so much! I told them both to put it all in God's hands and He will guide you and see you through. Great post, Faye.

    L...
    S...

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to have your son home for a short but very welcome visit. Our daughter, her husband and the two boys arrive on our Island tomorrow, I am so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that you were reunited with your son, Faye. It has probably seemed like the shortest week in history, because time goes by so quickly when we are with loved ones. Your time together with your whole family at church and afterward sounds lovely.

    I wish we lived next door because I would have loaned you my French Bean slicing device. It looks almost like a pencil sharpener of sorts. It definitely makes it easier to do the French style beans for us who love them. ~wink~

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun to have your son visit you and enjoyed your time together. Lots of canning you've done...wow! I made some yellow plum jam the other week. Then made 4 qts of applesauce this afternoon...put in freezer. Still have enough to make into slices for pies...will put in freezer...maybe do it tomorrow afternoon. Working 4 days a week doesn't give me alot of time on the 3 days off. So much to do...but I'm thankful for what I can do. All fruit I used was free which makes it even better! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your saucer border is so cute! I think I will need a row of saucers too.

    It is so hard when kids get scattered to the four corners. Our oldest daughter's family are missionaries in Germany and it is long years between visits. I am so glad you have had a lovely visit with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful post as always Faye. So glad you to have your son home and get and give real HUGS. Yes know how it is, All we can do is level it the Lord's hands. And keeping them all in our prayers. You are so bless. My the dear Lord commuting to bless you and yours.oxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post and photos . I can relate here , our youngest son James is out west working as well and will be home soon after months of being out there, we cant wait to see him and give him a big hug , yes the internet and video chat is nice but like you I to feel it is not the same as having them physically there . My mum used to make french runner beans we used to call them only she would freeze ours and she had a neat little gadget that looked like a small hand held pencil sharpener that you would run a bean through and it would cut it into the thin strings , I haven't been able to find or seen a gadget like that in ages . Thanks for sharing , Have a wonderful week !

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are a dear woman with everything you surround yourself with. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful week you have had. I love the picture of Charlie and Dustin. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete