Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Life Is What We Make It...❤❤


Good Afternoon dear hearts...
Can you believe it?  
Here I am again!  
I just wanted to finish up about our Valentine's Dinner which is also this month's 50th Wedding Celebration... 

I was thinking that perhaps this will seem a bit ?? whatever to anyone but ourselves .. 
But you girls who have been reading my blog for aeons would probably be interested .. 
So here we are once again... 

I thought I would start at the beginning of our little dinner bit because it did take a little time and effort.. 

I wanted to have the dinner in front of our fireplace in the Livingroom.. 
There is a nice rug there and the room is kind of a romantic place with the antiques and such.. 
And I love the colour that I am introducing there... touch by touch.. 
Shonda calls it Rose Gold I think... (not sure) lol.. 
But to me it is a peachy rose... 
I so love it!  

All week in my mind and in my notebook I am writing notes and thinking about that room.. 
I started making a pillow for the sofa.. 

I just drew a little design on a piece of felted wool and did some needle felting.. 
By the way to the dear girl who was asking about my patterns ... 
I just draw them on... perse...smile.. 
Then we had our town day and Terry wanted me to pick out my flowers as he didn't know what the colour was... 
Can you imagine!  A man not knowing what peachy rose is!  😁
So.. 
I found a rose plant that I have always loved since you can plant it outdoors and it lasts.... (not like fresh flowers ) 
And they were the perfect colour... 

Am I boring you all yet?  

So... 
We are doing fine.. 
I mention that the table I wanted to use was on the deck and perhaps it would be good to bring it in as it was raining and easy to get to.. 
Sure... he would do that..  sometime..... 🤔
Meanwhile the week is passing.. 
I am working on the pillows and other valentine things.. 
I love heart day as I call it as hearts are my fave craft.. 
You might notice that in my Pinterest account.. lol.. 

We had to go to Sussex as I was getting a thing taken off of my forehead.. 
Nothing serious but it ended up taking another day of the week.. 
And the table is still outside.. 
The chairs in the basement... 
And yup.. 
On Thursday we got snow...   
Quite a bit.. actually.. 
I made the cookies from the last post and such and enjoyed a lovely Ladies Bible Study in the afternoon.. 

Then on Friday.. 
Valentine's Day ... 
He ended up having to shovel his way to the table and then it had to go to the basement to dry off.. 😕
I wanted to treat him with homemade bread for our dinner so I made that on Friday morning along with Cherry Cheese Desert which is our families' favourite.. 

He had to go somewhere and by the time he got back neither of us was up to finishing it all... 
So.. 
We decided to celebrate in another way and do the dinner on Saturday.. 
(We had homemade Mac and Cheese with bacon and he had some of the homemade bread.. )
We watched a movie and that was our Valentine's .... 
Really nice actually... 
You know the old saying.. 
Life is what you make it!  

That is my favourite quote, I think.. 
One of our previous pastor's told the story of an old sister in the church who was in her nineties and she said that every time he visited her.. I have loved it ever since!   
So we made that night a bit special too.. smile..

Then that evening he mentions that he would bring up the table in the morning by the family room fireplace and I could get it all together.. 
Be easier for me... 
But it was up to me.. 
He would have to clean out the living room fireplace as we hadn't used it for a bit and  so on.
But it was up to me..  
OK.... 

I would just change things.. 
The colour scheme  would have to be red... hmmm... 
I was going to use my china which is pinky... 
Hmmmm... 

Well life is what you make it.. 
I wanted this to be nice so I would work towards that.. 
I kind of worked it out in my head that night after I went to bed.. 

(I am beginning to bore myself!) 
I will hurry along here.. 


The next day he brought up the table and chairs and I mentioned perhaps he should go to the farm for water.. 
We love our spring water there and he loves to go and make a fire and putter around.. 
I get twice as much done when he is gone.. 
Do you find it that way, too?  
Especially us retired couples! smile.. 

After he left for the farm I dug out some fabric and made a few things.. 

I love this fabric... 
I made a couple of napkins and tied a piece on my silver spoon holder .. 
Then covered the candles with it... 
I was so thrilled to find two Depression Glass goblets at a thrift store awhile ago and now I could use them.. 
The two old glasses are ancient!  
Blown glass and hand painted.. 
There are only two of them.. 
Terry found them at a yard sale many years ago.. 
One of my special treasures.. 
And the candle holders that go on the Charger plates are from my shop .... I kept a few for myself..  

And my great Aunt Emily's Sunday dishes...
Old silver salt and peppers from my Mother... 
A candle from my daughter... 
I do buy new stuff once in awhile.. grin.. 

Well.... 
It is all together now.. 
I made the heart bunting and pillow last year.. 
And the country wood heart which is a bit small but a heart non the less was in the hall...

I spent the rest of the day making the food.. 
It was not too difficult as I had planned it earlier in the week..

Terry came home and we changed our clothes and he lit the fire...  
I lit the candles.. 

Poured our drinks and mentioned we should take a couple of pics before we ate... 

Sure... 
That will only take a minute.... 
And it did for me to take his pic.. 
The first one is perfect... 
Him and Shonda are so photogenic.... 

Not me or my boys.. 
It takes work.. 
He must have taken a hundred pics..
I couldn't stop laughing...   
Forget it... 
I have a big bandage on my head anyway... lol.. 

Oh my!  

Oh well.. 
Life is what you make it!   
And a good pic of me is hard to make.. 
It will do.. 
I want them for our 50 year scrapbook thingie I am doing.. 

See.. 
The fire is burned down.. 
He stirred it up and I got the food going... 
Tossed Salad... 
Homemade bread with Seed Topping.. 



Tuna steaks, Roasted herbal baby Potatoes and Green Beans.. 


Then dessert Cherry Cheese and tea.. 
Very good.. 
The recipe for the Tuna Steaks and Potatoes are HERE..

All in all ... 
Another memory in the pages of our hearts... 
So many Valentine Days we have had together!  
But really... 
They only get sweeter.. 
The young love is wonderful but there is something to be said when you know he still loves you and you still love him after all this time..  
It is different but steady... true... and on course.. 
The Lord is our North Star and we let Him guide us through this life... 
Life is what you make it... 
So sometimes it takes a bit of effort and compromise on our parts and leaning on the Lord Jesus ... 
It is worth it... 
Right.. 

Well thank you my dears for wandering here to the Blessed Hearth today.. 
I know this was long but just skip it or come back another time and I will be shorter.. smile.. 

So happy to share with you all.. 
May God bless and keep you this week... 
xoxo

Oh and I love your notes and welcome to the new comers to the blog.. So glad to have you...  


24 comments:

  1. So pretty--thanks for letting us see and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I enjoy all of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovley story of your Valentine days! It all looks so pretty, and perfectly arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your special day with us. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just loved reading your post about your Heart Day and 50 years still loving one another !!! thank you take care from Iowa OH I loved the photo of you, shows us one of you laughing, which means you are full of JOY !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful celebration. Happy 50 anniversary, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful celebration. It all looks beautiful. Congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary, wishing you many more happy years together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!! I need a "Faye" in my life {{grin}}. Wishing you a very Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww....so sweet! I agree..."Life is what we make it"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a new follower of yours from Parkindale. Truly enjoyed you sharing your Valentines Day dinner. A lot of work but so satisfying when you look back down the road. I also love to cook and bake so will surely try some of your recipes. My favourite thing to make is bread.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for taking us along while you did your Valentines Day prep. What a lovely evening you planned for you and your hubby. I love that you are making a 50 years book for your anniversary, what a nice keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that despite all the extenuating circumstances, your beautiful vision came to pass, and you enjoyed such a lovely meal and time together Faye! Men just don't "get" why we need such pretties, but it does make the food and time better, I really think! Happy 50th to you both, and I just love how you are celebrating your 50 years together! (and I had to chuckle about getting more done when he wasn't there... so true, lol!) Blessings to you both! ... and maybe you can continue to enjoy a few special meals there in front of the fireplace :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 50th, looks like you had a lovely celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! Love does grow richer as the years pass if you each learn to compromise. :) We celebrated our 22nd on Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Blog . So romantic! Old Love is so Special.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Faye, I loved this! You and Terry keep each other's life interesting and fun. Keep doing special times like that and it does get sweeter as the years go along. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely post and photos . Glad you both had a lovely valentines day and Happy 50th Anniversary to you both. A saying my mum always used (Life is what you make it ) its the little things that count and that are so special .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Valentine's Day my friend. I enjoyed your post.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww...so sweet, and such a pretty room. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved your post and noticed I had missed your previous one so I can read it next. You and your husband make a such a wonderful couple loving and devoted to each other. God Bless you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet post full of true love! Thank you for sharing your beautiful celebration and the glimpses into your home. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful "love" post Faye. I enjoyed reading every word.

    I have decided to claim that fabulous quote of yours..."Life is what you make it"... I am going to make mine a great life! Thank you!

    The photo of you is beautiful, just like your heart.

    Sweet blessings dear one.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete