Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Farm Post number 4/2021

Good Evening dear hearts!
Just dropping by to leave another little farm post.  I won't be long this time!  
Hope all is well with you and your dear families... 
Such a busy time of year with graduations, school letting out and vacations beginning... 
Us old retired folks (us, I mean) 😀 are just doing our thing... 
Every once in awhile I remind you sweet followers that when I began this blog around ten years ago that it would just be the doings of a retired couple who love the Lord.  
And to be honest it has not evolved into any great site with thousands of followers and such...
I used to love decorating my blog and trying out new stuff but now I find I am quite content to share whatever we are doing with you once in awhile and carry on.. 
I am always so happy to hear from you though whether it be here, email, Instagram or Face Book blog page.. 
I think some of you find it much easier to connect on Instagram or Face Book for commenting.. And there I can respond to your comments much easier .. due to computer doings.. 
Anyway... 
As you can see my herbs are doing well out at the farm.. 
I have several pickings of my Chamomile and it is drying .. 
I will be making some tea with it and also a salve which is supposed to be good for redness and blemishes.  It is also soothing for rashes.. 

Also I have some chives in vinegar as I do each year... 

It is delicious on greens like Swiss Chard or to make your salad dressings.. 

I love it for gifts.. 
You can get lovely vinegar cruets at the dollar store and it makes a delicious gift at Christmas.. 
As I mentioned in my Instagram post that one has to remember to use it for such.. I forgot last Christmas.. 
Oh well.. 
Hope to do better this year.. 

My sweet husband as always has been picking flowers for me.. 
Rose Petals galore... 
I dried a lot for soap and lotions and such but decided I would make some Rose Petal Jelly after all.. 😋
It is really tasty!
I know that one thinks it would just taste like flowers but it is one of my fave jellies.. 

And just so pretty.. 
I made the jar covers from some paper that flowers were wrapped in that Terry gave me.. 
Just drew circles and cut them out.. 
Used elastics and string.. 
I see the one above needs the elastic covered better! 😏

This is a delicious jelly to put between your sponge cakes.. 
Then if you have time to sugar a few of the wee rosebuds for the icing is sweet too!
I hope to get that done this week.. 
It is easy to do.. I have done violets before and they are lovely on cupcakes.. 

Anyway... 


Not much food pics to post this time.. 
This was breakfast one morning before leaving for the farm.. 
It was so pretty I thought I would take a pic!
I love this for breakfast.. 
Cottage cheese, fruit and nuts.. 
A drizzle of Prosser Brook maple syrup on top.. 
Yum!! 

We still are not staying at the farm at nights all the time .. 
I thought we would be but circumstances has changed our plans for now.. 

But we are there a lot.. 

Do you see my new plant addition.. 
I almost typed addiction!  😃
And that would have been more accurate!  smile.. 
But it is my newest addition..  
So sweet and dainty!
It is called China Doll.. 
I am hoping the subtle light at the farm will help it grow well.  
My plants do so well in that old farmhouse!

And we had some sweet company!  
Our own little china doll.. 
I am her momma!  

We had a lovely day! 

I forgot to take food pics.. 
And Shonda thought the table was set nice but really I was so busy talking to her that I didn't do all that well.. smile.. 
The pickle bottle was a jar of fresh cucumber refrigerator pickles that my kids love.. 
And the Rhubarb pickles that I had made.. 
I will give you the recipe next time for them.. 
I am on my husband's computer and when I am done then I am done!  lol!  And the recipe will have to be found as I can't remember it.. 
His chair is awful!  When I stand up from this I can hardly move for a few minutes.. 

Anyway.. 
We had Tenderloin, fried rice, egg rolls and Chinese Salad.. 
That is so good too.. 
I will try to remember to give that also.. 
Shonda and Dave brought some Halo Donuts and Sourdough bread.. 
I made my friend Lisa's Jam Bars... 
Oh and I put sliced strawberries in the water.. 
Shonda liked my jug which is a mason jar replica and that is my new doilie pitcher cover ...  

We had coffee and chatted... 
Please excuse my crooked lamp shade.. lol!

We have had a few country road drives.. 
This is one that is always dear to my heart!
We cross Caladonia Mountain and head for the lovely 
Bay of Fundy!

Cape Enrage!  
The Bay of Fundy has the highest tides in the world!

We had a picnic lunch on the beach and Terry slept in the car! 
The breezes blowing in the windows and I sat on the beach.. 
Just enjoying the smells and sounds and wind on my face!  

Then we drove to Alma but not before I picked a bunch of flowers!


The best part of these drives for me is gathering flowers.. 


We take a few drives when we are here at home also!
With the price of gas I guess they are not as frequent! 
But I do love them... 


another bouquet for home.. 

I shared this on Instagram too.. 
My Avocado pit has sprouted and growing leaves!  
So much fun watching it develop... 
Have a couple more on the go... 
Have you ever tried this?

Well dearies this is about it for tonight.. 
Although... 
Just wanted to share a photo of our sweet grandsons.. 


They both graduated from Crandall University!! 
They have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.. 
These are Trevor and Tammy's sons!  
So proud of them and thankful that the Lord has blessed them and been with them every step of the way... 
We had a wonderful service at church this morning celebrating their success!  
Pastor talked to them and it was simply beautiful! 
Encouraging them to keep God first and foremost in their lives!
Walking with Him down through the years with the goal of bringing up their families in the fear and admonition of the Lord.. 
Being a servant as the Lord Jesus taught us! 
Praying that in their walk of life that all is well because He is in control!  
I pray the same!  
Jeremiah 29:11
Contains a precious promise held dear to the Christian heart.. 
In this verse Jeremiah affirms that God is in control and He has good things in store for those who serve Him..
 
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

So that is all for now.. 
I hope to hear from you ... 
I love your notes as I have already said.. 
I am on Instagram much more if you want to join me there.. 
blessedhearth.. 
Take care my dears.. 
Enjoy your summer days and God bless!!
 

13 comments:

  1. thank you for the beauty and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chive vinegar is beautiful. I might have to try that. I've not made rose jelly, but have made violet jelly which is also delicious. I love your visits and am grateful that you continue on the blog as I'm not on intsagram or fb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Faye; It is always a pleasant visit when you write. I enjoy seeing you beloved family doing so well. Congratulations to your grandsons. You amaze me with all that you and Terry accomplish between your homes and your rides. I do miss these things with my hubby. God is so faithful however and I continue to bless His Name. God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the many smiles you bring. Have a beautiful week, Faye. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Faye. I love your posts. Congratulations to your grandsons, and to you, a proud grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to both your grandsons on their graduation, a reward for all their hard work. The chive vinegar look so good, the flowers are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always enjoy your farm posts so much! So lovely that Shonda came over for a visit, what a treat! Always so nice to get away and just relax in a simpler time and place. Your chive vinegar looks wonderful! You always set such a nice table, you are inspiring! The meal sounds delicious... and oh, how I'd love a drive over to the Bay of Fundy, simply wonderful! I'd be picking wildflowers with you too :) Enjoy these summer days, sending love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog has been a source of comfort and beauty I have read it since you had the lovely seaside cottage and shop. Thank you for providing this calm in a crazy world. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always I so enjoy your blog and love the pictures of the road you travel. It is very hot here in SC PA but my garden plants are starting to produce and I am enjoying my salad bar and already eating yellow squash which I love and tommy toe tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these posts! So inspiring 💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks lovely as always. Congratulations to your grandsons! That is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Faye,
    I enjoyed your post. It's always nice to read about your life and see you lovely photos.
    The meal you had when your daughter was there sounds delicious.
    Enjoy your day,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete