Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2022

April days are almost gone...

Greetings to everyone.. 
Welcome to my blog this last Sunday in April.. 
The month has been here and almost ready to say good bye.. 
But May is coming!!


Hope you have all been well where ever you may be.. 

As you know we Maritime Canadians are about the last to experience warm Spring days but they are here now and then..

At the beginning of the month on a very windy, rainy and snowy day we made a wee pilgrimage to the wonderful Bay of Fundy...  
Most people would prefer a lovely sunny day but we planned it so that whenever a stormy day appeared we could get ready and go.. 
We had to watch the tide schedule also so that we would enjoy the waves...  


And a day just like that came along with the tide coming in around noon.. 
That gave us time to get ourselves together, make a lunch and drive almost an hour to get there... 

It was wonderful and just what the doctor ordered... 
You cannot tell by the pics so much but the waves and wind were all we had hoped for.. 
We both so love that!
One of the blessings that I have been thankful for the past 52 years! 😃

It would not be fun to be the only one loving a wide open window even in winter and raging wind blowing in my face.. 
He is the same.. 
Sometimes he takes me for a coffee to the Big Stop because the wind will be blowing the huge Canadian flag straight out.. 
I watch to my heart's content and then we head home. 
Not often, mind you but enough to keep me happy!  
Oh, he just sleeps.. I put my window down, cover up with a throw and just enjoy the wind.. 
Aren't we weird?? !!  😀
This poor old picnic basket has almost seen it's last picnic.. 
We had to tape the handle.. 
We took homemade bread sandwiches, pickles, a bag of chips, cheese and something sweet, I think.. I forget actually.. smile.. 
And a thermos of tea and water.. 
And a fresh tulip... just because... smile.. 
We parked where we could see the coastline and enjoyed... 

This post is a bit of a ramble but anyway.... 

Been making bread instead of buying most of the time ... 

The small pans are still working wonderfully... 
He insists... smile.. 
These are two small rectangle bread pans and is a recipe from my sweet friend Julie.. 
It is the same no knead bread recipe but adding 4 minced garlic cloves and a 1/2 cup of parmesan... 
Really nice.. 
Julie has a video blog called Keeper of my Home on YouTube.. 




Made lots of soups, too.. 
And a spaghetti sauce made from veal which we loved... 
It is expensive but got a deal on it at the supermarket... 

We have started on our country road drives.. 
As you can see the frost is coming out and that is when he likes it best... (not me)  grin.. 







But.... spring and summer are arriving.. 
Just waiting for some warmer temps... 
Soon be garden time.. 
My Rhubarb is up and I have been enjoying a piece with salt sprinkled over it.. 
Our oldest son and I love it that way..
Better then chips.. smile.. 

We had a lovely wedding shower for our oldest grandson and his sweet wife at church this month.. 
Because of everything being postponed a few times it finally happened.. 
Love the family of God..
They enjoyed it.. 



And his brother, Jordan standing in front of the table is getting married to Sara in June... 
So lots going on in the Henry family.. 
Thankful for the Lord's blessings on our lives.. 

Did you have a good Easter?  
We were so looking forward to it.. 
But... 
Terry came down with the virus and a couple of days later so did I.. 
We couldn't go to the family Easter dinner at Shonda and Dave's... 


But we had been getting ready and celebrating it anyway... 
Made this cake a week or so before for a Sunday treat... 
It is delicious... 
Hope you enjoy it.. 
Love it's name.. 
Breath O' Spring Cake.. 
Found it in an old old recipe book of my Momma's... 


Did a bit of Spring Decorating... 
  

A craft made with Dollar Store boxes and jars... 
Then a few little tags and sachets made for my sister's Easter card.. 

Tried my hand at painting a few eggs... 
Don't judge me.. lol.. 
It has been a while... smile.. 

Was going to make this cake to take to the dinner but..... 


Terry was disappointed so had just enough energy to make it for our Easter Sunday supper.. (such as it was)  roast beef.. 
Filled these little sachet envelopes made from an extra Beatrix \Potter book with my own homegrown lavender... 
She loved them.. xo

Then I made these old fashioned bunnies like I made in the nineties... 

 Just for fun... 

So Easter passed... 
But the week before we lost a dear friend that we will miss so much.. 
I have known this dear couple since I was five years old.. 
And through our married life they have been close to us.. 
When I was only 15 we travelled to Ontario on a family 
vacation.  I ended up staying with them for a few weeks.. 
This pic was at that time.. 
Elsie was expecting their first child.. 
They were so kind and always have been.. 
Gord was like one of the big brothers I never had.. 
He knew the Lord though.. 
So we will all meet again..
We are thankful to have had them and their family in our lives all these years... 


As we get older and it is happening now for us.. 
It seems we are losing so many we loved.. 
If it wasn't for the promises of God and the hope he has placed in our hearts it would be pretty despairing.. 

I read this word in a book a few years ago and made a note of it.. 
 Hiraeth
It is a Welsh word and pronounced hee-tithe.... 
It means a longing for home or what once was.. 
A grief for the lost people and places of the past.. 

This is a feeling I have experienced more lately.. 
I am sure you have too..
What with the world the way it is and changing from the life as we knew it.. 
It happens.. 
And if you are an emotional person such as myself you have to get a grip.. smile.. 

So with that in mind I have decided to make the choice to be thankful in all circumstances of my life.. 
And to make the most of what we have been given..  
 To really get into the Word of God and read his promises but also to find more about all that He is.. 
When this happens I need to remember that He has always filled those empty places in my heart.. 
I just need to call on His Name.. 
He gives joy unspeakable and full of glory.. 
I don't need to be weighted and yearning for what is past but to look ahead.. 
To treasure my life with it's many relationships.. 
Our dear family, church, friends and neighbors...

To look for His Coming.. 
He is coming again!!
Life is grand.. 
Thank you Lord.. 


And thank you dear hearts for visiting and leaving your sweet notes.. 
I appreciate seeing you all here, facebook or instagram.. 

God bless you all today...  
 





13 comments:

  1. So sorry that you got the virus, and hope you are feeling much better now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope both of you are feeling better--! Warmer days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you & your hubby are feeling better. God is so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet note. I’m sorry you all weren’t well. That’s no fun. I love your storm photos. We always dreamed of renting a little cabin on the ocean in a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to read that you have lost a dear friend. What a mixture your month has been but congratulations on your son's wedding. You made lots of very pretty things for Easter and I think your family must love coming to your home, it looks welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you were both ill and these things always seem to happen when we are looking forward to a celebration. I always appreciate your uplifting and God-honoring posts, Faye. I'm sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad to read your notes this morning, you are such a blessing. I am glad that you both have sailed through covid with your flags flying. Bob and I have yet to board that ship.

    Your Easter crafts are so sweet, trust you to continue on even through illness.

    Love the thought of your day trips, something we need to think of doing as well.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgot to mention, congratulations on the upcoming nuptials in your family! Spring is a great time to celebrate.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy your posts. As for the latter part of the post about "getting a grip" I so understand...we lost our son quite suddenly and unexpectedly on Dec. 11. However, he did know the Lord and so therefore, we shall meet again. Keeping you in prayer, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this. The feeling you described are what I feel alot. And yes, I need to be thankful and look forward to the future. Thanking God for His many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful to have the picnic and time together watching the waves... that sounds like a lovely day.
    Congratulations to your Grand!
    Weddings are such joyous occasions !
    Condolences on your friends passing. I am glad that you have had such good friends in your life that have been a constant blessing to you.

    Sorry that you and your husband got the gomboo! I hope that your health is restored now.

    I love your kitchen crafts and your home crafts: all very nice things around the home.

    It is a challenge for me as I get older as well, to not dwell on the loses of loved ones, rather to cherish the times we have had and the celebrate the blessing that have been in my life.
    Trust in the Lord, and take heart, for He has gone before and we can take comfort in knowing that we will one day be reunited with our loved ones .

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post. I enjoy your blog so much. God’s blessings on your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I always enjoy visiting here. Sorry about the loss of your friend. Thank you for the recipe. It looks delicious! Have a cozy evening.

    ReplyDelete