Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday and Fudge.....


Good Morning.... Isn't God good?  A whole week has passed and it is Friday again...already... As the Keepers of the Home in our little group know... I promote Friday as date night... well, my date is still at the cottage...
I was at our oldest son's home last nite and stayed with our grandsons as their parents went to hear some gospel singing....What wonderful boys!!    I have to go for an appointment this morning and then will go back down to get him... He is working hard on getting the shop ready... Bless his heart....
Therefore, this is just a note to keep in touch with you all..  I didn't think I would have time but I misread the clock by an hour so here I am.....lol .. I guess I should wear my glasses more often...lol..
Where this is Friday and all I thought you might like to make a treat for the weekend... My friend gave me this recipe a year or so ago and it is my favorite by far.... it is a fudge recipe...
When we use to do the craft shows at various places there was usually a fudge boothe... it was lovely but kind of expensive... everyone usually bought some though..... Well, this looks just like it but tastes so much better because of course it is homemade...

The Bestest Fudge
Into a double boiler bottom bring some hot water to a boil ... then into the top put
1 package of butterscotch chippits
1 package of white chocolate chippits
Just melt these together ..
Then add 1 can of condensed milk and stir well.
Quickly add a pinch of salt and 1 tsp, of vanilla...
Pour into a buttered tin or whatever you make your fudge in...
Then quickly cover the top with HerseysSkor Bits  ... press down into the fudge making a nice top layer... It is probably about a half cup of these...  then just cover with wrap and put in the fridge....


This is so oooo goood.... I love sweets.... can you tell??  lol.... It looks just like the professional stuff, eh? 
You can exchange the type of chippits... like 1 chocolate and 1 peanut butter.... or 1 cholate mint and 1 white chocolate..... whatever..
Then you can also exchange the Skor bits for any kind of nuts you like... Be creative..
This sells well at fund raisers also...
Well, as they say ... that's all for now folks... I have to run.... literallly.. or I will be late...lol..
Have a wonderful weekend with your families... Do something special and make memories... 
It is a long weekend too ... 
May God richly bless you all.....
Hugs... Faye... 

3 comments:

  1. This sounds delightful...thanks for sharing, have a great weekend. Isn't it nice to spend time with the gkids? Gotta luvum.
    Blessings,
    ~Ronda~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm! I have such a sweet tooth, too! But I'm trying to be more moderate and enjoy only the occasional treat.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely recipe once again...The other day I made some Frogs (Macaroons), they are almost gone and today I made some Rice Pudding today. Hopefully it will last the whole weekend...probably not...I love it so much and I have my hubby hooked on it too...lol. Have a wonderful weekend Terry and Faye and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete