Pages

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Here and There...


Hi everyone.. 
How are you doing? 

Posting a few pics of our comings and goings.. 

We were down to St. Martins to the cottage for a day.. 
The lawns had not been mowed yet as we had not been down and it was covered in forget-me-nots, lots of rhubarb and dandelions.. 

This is in front of the old carriage house that goes with the cottage and as you can see the grass needed mowed badly.. 

It was pretty though. smile.. 

We had intended to bring back a bit of furniture for the old farm house as we won't be using the cottage much again this year but it got very dark and looked like it would pour rain so we decided to wait for another day.. 

The tide was out and the Bay of Fundy looked as beautiful as always.. 

I wanted to show this pic of Charlie... 

He is pretty proud of his new collar.. 

He is a good dog... 

The first rose of summer.. 
How fleeting is the time.. 

Back on the farm we are putting in some garden stuff.. 

It started raining again... 

So I sat in the truck and waited it out.. 

Terry and our farmer just stood outside in it talking.. 
We had a strip ploughed for raspberry canes and hopefully next year a few strawberries.. 

The sun came out later in the day and the beds needed a bit more water.. 
The dear man made me two more raised beds.. 
One is my Salad Bowl and the other is going to be for just flowers.. 
Will share more pics when they get growing more.. 

We had a wonderful gift of some Maple Syrup.. 
The best in the land made right in Prosser Brook by the Beaman family... 

Decided to make a couple of loaves of no knead bread and see how it would turn out with maple syrup.. 


It is pretty good.. 

Here is the recipe for you... 

Maple No Knead Bread.. 
In a bowl place 3/4 cup of warm maple syrup, 1 1/4 cups of warm water and 1 T. maple sugar or white sugar.. Stir well and sprinkle 
2 1/2 tsp. of instant yeast.. 
Let stand for 10 minutes. 
Stir well and add 4 cups of flour.. One at a time.. Stir well after each one.. 
On the third cup add 1 1/2 tsp. of salt .. 
I also add 1/2 to 1 tsp. maple flavouring.. 

After all is stirred well cover with a damp tea towel and let rise until double.. 
Punch down and cut into two parts and put each one in a buttered bread tin.. (small ones) or make 1 large loaf.. 
Bake at 475 degrees F. for 35 minutes.. 
Butter crust with a bit of butter if desired... 

Thank you dear hearts for stopping by.. 
Sorry I am not posting very often.. 
We do not have internet at the farm and have been busy trying to get moved up there.. 
Should be soon.. 

Take care and God bless.. 



10 comments:

  1. Hello Faye, sitting here on another rainy afternoon trying to do some research on why my tomato's have black spots all over them, and your post comes up. Much better reading than what I was doing :) Love your pictures and I have copied your recipe for the Maple No Knead bread so I can make it (as soon as I can get some Maple syrup) hopefully this weekend. Hope Terry has a great Father's Day Sunday and blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day to that wonderful man of yours - TERRY! I hope he has a great father's day doing all the things he would like to do! Love you, Faye.

    L...
    S...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a recipe I would like to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bread sounds delicious, I have just eaten some multi seed bread just out of the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye, Canadian maple syrup is very popular here in Australia. I would hate to mow that lawn with so many forget-me-knots growing there. They are so pretty. You must be absolutely loving your summer weather...apart from the rain I guess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so lovely Faye. Love your old place in St. Martins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. {{Big, Big smiles}} Love the post, Faye. Have a lovely weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faye, I have not read regularly, but I have lurked and not commented... Your farm looks amazing, and I know you will miss the cottage. I am moving back to our little four acre "farm"... so I recognize all the moving, putting in beds, etc. and I will continue to read along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the forget-me-nots & rhubarb growing in that lush lawn. And I must add that Charlie is quite a handsome dog. And he appears to be quite well behaved...a great combination!

    Anita ~ the cabin on the creek

    ReplyDelete
  10. This bread looks (and sounds) delicious! I can smell the maple syrup through the screen. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete