Pages

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Farm Journal 5

Happy Saturday everyone.. 
Here we are almost the end of July and I still don't feel like Summer has really begun.. Do you?  
We have had hot days but this past week felt so much like Fall especially during the nights.. 

I know.. It is much better then snow.. 

Anyway.. 
This is Farm Journal number 5.. 
I am a bit quicker on the draw this time then last.. 
I think only about a week between posts.. 
The thing is that when we were here and I posted last week I left my camera card in the computer and could only take 8 pics until a couple of days ago.. 
We had a town day and I purchased another card just so I could take a few pics for you all.. smile.. 
The above pic is the lace curtains in the livingroom.. I should call this the lace curtain post as there are several more.. grin.. 
We were down to the cottage last weekend and had one of Shonda's dearest friends (Laurie) in for a wee visit.. 
She is a darling and she and Shonda have been friends since grade 2... Anyway, she had read my post the night before and said so seriously..."Faye, do you mean Victorian?"  ... 
Oh my... 
No, dear girls I have not switched to Victorian... 
I did so many of that style of crafts during my hay day in the craft world that the very word makes me cringe.. No offence to you sweet Victorian lovers but I do love lace, roses, potpourri, linens, toile and so on.. But no... no Victorian.. 
Just antiquey.. I don't think that is a word but you get my drift, eh?  
On with the post.. 
The garden is coming along lovely thanks to my dear husband.. 
Please note his BBQ planter of which he is so proud.. 
Full of tomatoes and such.. 

I did a couple of wee changes in the pantry.. 
Can you spy them?  
We brought up the old cupboard from my shop there by the frypans.. 
There is a cutting board that pulls out so you can place something on it to stir or whatever and it has lots of shelves.. 
I do not really have it organized yet but soon, I hope.. 
Oh and a new frying pan holder.. 
So handy .. Terry made me some wire S hook things and so convenient instead of digging and looking for the right size.. 
And... 
Redid the pantry window.. 


Almost finished.. 
Blue dishes and cream lace and blue cups hanging at the top.. 
I just need to add a flower to the vase and it should be done.. 
So loving my blues.. 

Brought home this set of blue cutlery from the cottage.. 
A fellow blogger and friend wrote a book called Wren Bay.. 
It is about making a home and her cover photo was cutlery in a lovely mason jar of dried something... 
Our grandsons were up for a day this week and asked me.. 
" Grandma, what is this for?"  
LOL.. 
"Oh, just a little project Grandma did to hold the cutlery.. 
"Mmmmm.. nice!"  grin.. 
Here is a sweet pic of her book.. 
You can the info Here..
This is one of my favourite books and I use it kind of like a cook book perse as it is full of recipes and projects.. 
The story is lovely, also.. 

Still taking a drive here and there.. 
And drying flowers ... 


Searching the road sides as we drive along.. 
Do you do that?  

Bought myself a new pair of work gloves.. 
Terry picked me a bunch of Queen Anne's Lace to dry and I picked 32 heads to make jelly.. 
It turned out beautifully and I like it as well or even better then Rose Petal Jelly.. 

The old hutch in the Living Room.. 
Thanks, Sue.. ox
A few more curtain pics.. 
Remember this is just an old house.. 

We have not had time to change dear Aunt Eva's colours in some of the rooms yet.. 
The upstair bathroom is one of those.. 
Hot pink??  grin.. 

Then one of the small bedrooms..
I think the doilie curtain I made last summer is perfect on this window with the colours of the quilt.. 
I wish I could have got a pic of the colours exactly but my camera would not cooperate.. 
No closet doors but the curtain does the trick.. 
Scarlet Runner beans and Green and Wax.... 

We had some wonderful help this week getting the back stoop redone.. 

Hopefully, it will be finished this week.. 
Trev and his sons came for a day and we had a great time.. 

We came home today to stay overnight as Terry and some of the boys went to the races.. 
We brought the truck as he wanted to bring the tiller for the garden he has here .. 
I was waiting for him to come out in the car and noticed he had a passenger... 

Just waiting patiently... 
The dear old thing..smile.. 

Well sweeties.. 
This is it for another time.. 
Sorry, I did not have my camera card with me but at least I found a few pics to take.. 

Hope you are enjoying your summer days.. 
They pass so quickly... 
We still have so many projects to do.. 
Preserves will be calling my name soon and although I have finished a few small projects the dear man is taken up with carpentry for now.. 
My bunting, valances, hankie line, bird bath are just sitting and waiting to be put up... 
Next time, perhaps... eh?  

Take care and love love your comments.. 
Please don't mind that I don't get back to you on FB like I used to but usually there is not time.. I do read each and every one and will get my sister to look them up and read them to me.. smile.. 

God bless.. 
xo

15 comments:

  1. Faye, you are the sweetest thing!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for including us in your farm life. I will enjoy watching all your best projects and plans as you get more and more settled in. I bet you just love it there. You give your home's such cozy live and care... your home's have "soul." Well, you know what I mean!
    Thanks for reminding us about Wren Bay. I need to check her out again.
    Please keep posting! Thank you for your ministry, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faye, I can not thank you enough for this wonderful homey post. It is very similar to how we live. I enjoy our lives here so much and I can see you andTerry do also. I could have a comment for each picture but the one I really like is your pantry! I so wish I had a pantry. I love the old cupboard and of course, my favorite - the bue and white. I know what you mean about the summer going by so fast. I just love summer. We have had so much rain here (cat and dogs) that I think Jim has lost all of his tomato plants. I love your jellys and can not wait to see all the canning you do in your old country kitchen!!!
    L....

    S.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks amazing, so full of goodness! And how pretty your blues and whites are, always so fresh. I love your voile curtains too. Such a peaceful happy post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Faye and I wouldn't change a thing, even the pink paint, smiles. Old houses are just that, old and they should remain that way, just my opinion, friend. smiles---give me an old house over a new one, just saying.

    Have a lovely week, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faye, your home is just wonderful. I love your old cupboard. I would rather have that in my kitchen instead of regular cupboards. I try to use old pieces when I can over anything new. Thank you for sharing your home with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A delightful post. Life here looks sweet.
    Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda Andrews SmithJuly 30, 2017 at 2:23 PM

    Hello Faye, great post..love everything: photos, lace, garden,(Terry's BBQ planter too) the dog, that wonderful old cupboard, all the blue...see... everything! Have a wonderful rest of the summer. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your lace curtains and your garden!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That doily curtain is stunning. Also, it's just all so beautiful. Your husband appears to have run out of weeds to pull in your garden. He's welcome to come "play" in mine if he's bored 😂

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely as always to catch up with your farm news!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your pictures. I am especially fond of lace curtains. I have them in my sitting room and LOVE to watch them blow in the breeze through the open windows. You may tell Terry the first thing I noticed in your garden was the grill planter. I was thinking I just hauled mine off to the dump. I could have done that with it instead. www.merryheartcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely photos, Faye. They reflect a life well lived. I love that cup in the old hutch (Swoon) and your garden. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Faye! You are so enjoying your stay out at the farm! What delight! Garden is amazing that your husband is caring for! It will be a busy season for you when harvest time comes! My garden is producing big amounts of bounty, and I've been busy putting things up. I made some dill pickles yesterday and have put up lots of beans and squash. We've eaten all the corn so far, but have some more that will be ready soon. I always enjoy your thoughts, and sharing about your life... glad you are having such a lovely summer! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete