Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2019

A Christmas Ramble...


Well.... 
Hello everyone.. 
Hope you are all great and enjoying the season!  
I am so sorry for missing for so long!  
I have no excuses so am not going to begin but it is nice to get organized enough to chat with you all finally.
I couldn't believe it today when I checked back and it has been a month and a half since I did my last post.. 
The longest I have ever been away, I believe!  
But here I am and all is well.  
Thank you for all of your concern... 
I have been on Instagram and am truly not as happy on there as here but it does take much less time.. 

I must begin my ramble here now.. 
Are you all ready for Christmas?  

Will try and catch up with all of our doings.. 
Making.... 
Some old fashioned Christmas tags.. 
I was going through some antique Christmas cards and found a World War II card that was handmade like these tags.. 
Thought I would give them a try.. 
Just drawn and crayoned...

And of course ... 
Journals for gifts.. 


Our grandson got my printer going for me so here are some Tasha Tudor tags.. 
And doing...

We were out to the farm for a day and did a few last chores.. 
And.. 
Had a meal.. 

A lovely bowl of Chicken Soup... 
I was able to still pick Thyme from the Herb bed.. 
On the way home I took this pic... 
It was a beautiful evening!

And then the next day it looked like this!  
Life in Canada, eh!  

That was about a month ago and we hardly have a skiff right now here in Eastern New Brunswick... 
I actually do not mind!  at all!  
I was born on a green Christmas and it has always agreed with me since.. grin.. 

Well... rambling along here.. 
This is a long post to make up for all the missing ones.. smile.. 

More making... 

Winter Potpourri... 
The link is at the bottom of the blog here if you want the recipe.. 
Over half is gone already.. 
Love passing bags out to company... 

We made a couple of trips across the border to Calais, Maine and I bought some lovely fabrics from Mardens.. 


This is a bunting I finished... 
Hanging over the Family Room window.. 
Have been enjoying the fire... 
A lovely cozy thing about making Winter....

There is a hashtag on IG called #making winter and I love it..  
Another view of the bunting.. smile.. 


We were blessed to have our ladies group visit last Saturday.. 
It was lovely.. 
It was certainly an incentive for me to get my house trimmed!  smile.. 
And make stuff... 

Little clove filled trees for my pantry to make it smell nice.. 

And I painted a counter mat... 
Or whatever to place on our counter.. 
I am not a great painter.. 
When I had my craft business I used to have a couple of girls do that work for me but I gave it a try...
Kind of like a floor cloth.. 
Terry siliconed it to the counter.. 
It is actually darker in reality but it is not a work of art by any means.. lol... 

Did this wreath for the front hall... 

My friends are so impressed that I have my tree up.. 
It has always been the last thing that gets done.. 
My sister and I grew up with the tree being put up on Christmas Eve and I continued the tradition for many years.. 

But... 
We finally broke down and bought a fake... 
Yup..... 
It is pretty though and with boughs everywhere it still smells nice in there... 
Just a couple of pics of the livingroom... 

I did a couple of things in the pantry.. 


A little tree in a huge crock my Gramp left to me.. 
Decorated with little utensils and such.. 

Made a dried fruit garland... 

And organized my herbs and spices with mason jars and covers from the Pioneer Woman... 
So love them.. 
I can only find them across, though... 
At Walmart... 

Rambling along.. 
I found these dear old pics in my craft supplies.. 
I journeyed to my workshop in the basement and could have spent the winter there making stuff.. 
I can't get over how much I am loving crafting again... 
Anyway.. 
On with the story.... 

I painted some holly and berries on them.. 
Sprayed some sparkles and punched a hole in the top.. 
I love the little tree in the bedroom.. 
It lights up too.. 

And this is in there also.. 
My first Christmas gift from my parents! 
I was born 10 days before Christmas and they brought me home on Christmas Eve.
My Dad and Gram and went to town and bought this for me.. 

And these were my shoes.. 
My Mom kept everything and I have treasured these for years.. 
I believe my sister who was born a year and half later wore them also.. smile.. 
This is another spare room.. 
Rooms that used to have children sleeping in them every night. 
But now... 
Well... 
I better not get going on that.. 
Let's just say that if I could turn back the clock and have them all under our roof again I would be a happy momma.. 
Time flies and there is no going back except in the turning of the pages of your memory.... 
And they are very sweet!  
Thank you, Lord!  

Well now.. 
I did a wee bit of baking today.. 

Ginger Short Breads made and in the fridge.. 

And date balls... 
The recipe is from a sweet friend of mine.. 
Bonnie.. 

Hope you can read this.. grin.. 

Anyway dear hearts... 
This is all for tonight.. 
And a great long post it is.. 
Just skip half of it!  grin.. 
Hope to get back here before Christmas but just in case I will wish you all a very Merry Christmas...
From our house to yours... 
And may the Christ of Christmas be as real to you as He is longing to be... 
Looking forward to hearing from you and your lovely notes... 

God bless you.. 
from  Terry and Faye... 
Sending you Christmas hugs!  

21 comments:

  1. This has been the most fun blog I have looked at today
    I will be back you have so many fun things to look at
    hope you stop by my blog
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely Christmas season...and a
    serene and productive New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And may your Christmas be filled with all the joy of the season. Blessings from our house to yours
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your counter mat, Faye! You did a wonderful job on it. Have a blessed Christmas and a fruitful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the countertop. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your Christmas crafting - it is all so beautiful. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! I love how festive and Christmassy your home looks. It is lovely! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday (a couple days lat). And a very blessed Christmas to you and yours. It all looks festive and merry. Keep warm.🎄

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas to you and your family. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I dearly love your post. You can paint and don't let anyone tell you different. I think you could do about anything if you set your mind to it. you are so amazing. I always look forward to reading your post you educate me and you make me smile. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful post! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so enjoyed your post, Faye. My dear husband of 51 years passed on to heaven early part of November so this has been a rough period for me. He loved Christmas! Our sons will be home for Christmas so that is a blessing. It was uplifting to see your blog today and all the beautiful items you have made. I wish I had your energy. I loved the scenes of the country side too. Don't be gone so long cause I sure enjoy visiting you and having a cup of coffee. Merry Christmas and God's best for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful post :) You are so creative !!!! I loved everything, especially the bunting and the potpourri and I thought the little fabric trees with cinnamon stick trunks were just perfect ! Your home has a real handmade 'home' look (feel) to it, which makes it so inviting. I also loved the pretty covers on the pantry jars. Merry Christmas to you. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this :) ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful post,Faye!I really love this..Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Carmela e Davide

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many good things in this post Faye. I especially loved the photo of snow. I have never even seen snow, maybe one day :)

    Just popping in to wish you a wonderful, happy and blessed New Year.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Faye, I just loved this post! So many good things in it. I love the counter top painting. The bunting -- just gorgeous and I loved the fabrics you used. I have friends who rave about Marden's but I have never been there. Maybe when my hubby retires (which was meant to happen mid-December) we can take a trip to one. The little trees with the cloves and cinnamon sticks are so sweet also. I would love to make projects like these for next year.

    Wishing you a happy, healthy and spiritually prosperous year in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved this post! Your home looks so cozy and inviting. Welcome back and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Faye I absolutely love your posts. I am from Southwestern Ontario with family in New Brunswick, across Canada actually. Thank you so much for sharing your home, farm and family!
    Do you have a Tab somewhere with your recipes for soup, bread, for example?
    Love your Winter Potpourri ... where do you get rose hips from??
    Marg

    ReplyDelete