Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2022

So ever onward!!






















Hello dear hearts and happy New Year 2022!

These pics in no particular order.. sorry...

So happy to chat with you all for for a bit this evening... 
It is Sunday and everything is over! 
Except for the clean up! Smile.. 

We had a lovely Christmas day with just the two of us..
Then on Monday the family came and then it was truly Christmas! 

The kids brought ham and turkey and most of the fixings which was Lovely for me!
I am not the Spring chicken I used to be! Eh! 
We had our annual Yankee Swap which is always hilarious ! And our gift exchange was fun too! 

Then a wonderful slow Christmas week doing fun stuff. 
A few country drives, a bit of shopping, reading 
Christmas books, watching old old movies and of course eating too much! 

New Year's Day was quiet but still nice.. 
We did the Chinese take out thing our way! So Good! 

In the pics above are some fudges and such I made for a few   gifts! 
Such a great season ! 

And now we are into a new year! 
God has granted us so many blessings! 
We experienced miracles and so many answered prayers last year of which we are so thankful! 

Looking forward to another year of His grace and mercy! 
And to feeling His presence and the joy and peace that He alone can bestow!

In church this morning the sermon was of the many times that God extends his mercy towards us over and over again!  
Of his forgiving power and love when we so don't deserve it!
BUT.....  
But because he made a plan whereby we can confess our sins,   he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.  
1 John 1

So when we look ahead to a year full of unknowns! 
It is ever so wonderful to know that he holds my hand, that the government rests upon his shoulders and I can put every bit of my faith and trust in Him! That when all is haywire I can REST in HIM and just relax and fear not! 
But when I flounder and fear starts to enter my heart then I can confess that fear and begin again! 
Isn't  God amazing!!! 

Confessing a little something to you sweet readers..... 
I am an anxious type of person as my family and friends know.. 
Especially when it concerns my husband or children ..
Just like you no doubt.  
Nevertheless that isn't what the Lord desires for us.  

But I have experienced the true rest he gives us when we put our complete trust in Him and pray your will be done,  Lord God...
When our youngest son went west I needed to put him in God's hands and when I did I had peace past understanding.
And it is so blessed to feel the warmth of his love during times of stress.    
His Word always gives me peace! It never fails to comfort! 

So ever onward my luvs! 
Holding onto Jesus! 
 
Another year of potential! 
For God's work and for our families ! 
May God bless you all greatly this year and may we all strive for a closer walk with him daily!

Looking forward to reading your sweet comments! 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 

Jeremiah 29:11
Ephesians4:22-24

20 comments:

  1. May The new year bring much joy to you and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a delightful Christmas... peaceful and joyful. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Glad you all had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your post Dear Faye, so nice to see your photos. Thankful you had a wonderful Christmas season. Such a good encouraging talk from a kind friend, isn't it just the best to rest in Him?
    Hope you have a wonderful New Year! Always looking for another post from up your way! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful post. I,too,get anxious and have to remind myself that GOD is in control. Wishing you a Blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful post! I do have to be brought back to my faith when I tend to worry too much. I'm so thankful I have God to help take care of my worries. I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years and I'm sure it was nice to not have to cook as much. Thats always a blessing! Wishing you all a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos and beautiful, comforting truths, Faye! Thank you so very much for the godly encouragement this evening. A blessed New Year to you, Terry, and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! Beautiful photos of your lovely Christmas season. I too am an anxious person, and the reminder to put things in His hands is very welcome! Thank you! Happy and Blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed scrolling through your lovely photos! Thanks for encouragement to give our worries and concerns to God as He will take care of it! We had 2" of snow last Sunday and a bit more Tues a.m. We survived and I enjoy seeing snow as it changes landscape! Happy and Blessed New Year to you, Faye, and family!! *Becky*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see you were able to have people over the holidy - Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  11. What delightful photos of your Christmas and New Year. May it be a happy and healthy year for us all......God is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Faye; Thank you for posting, it has been wonderful reading you this morning. Your pictures of baking, and decorating, and family are beautiful. I, too, am an anxious sort, thank you for your centering words.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful pictures and touching words for us to be thankful for our many blessings. You are always an inspiration to me, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A blessed new year to you and yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and thank you for the many smiles. I have been looking forward to your post(s) and was so happy to see that you posted. We recently suffered a tremendous lost (our 24-year-old son passed away-natural causes on Dec. 11) and we have decided to make some changes in our lives, like moving out of NY to FL where my family is.

    Our Lord and Savior has been good, Faye. HIS love and Grace have endured us through these difficult times. I am so glad we are saved through our Lord and Savior- as was our son. I simply cannot imagine NOT being saved and pray for those who are not.

    Didn't mean to be a downer, Faye. My apologies. Your blog and many others have managed to put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet and joyful time with family! Jesus is our only Hope!
    Your home is always filled with good things!
    Have a Blessed New Year
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I trust the good Lord to bring us a better year, I love the peace he gives us who trust in him! Lookin forward to a great 2022! Love to you and yours Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely post filled with good things. I do the smiles on everyone's faces... pure joyous living :)
    Yes! God is amazing and never leaves our sides. He blesses us daily and never once forgets us.
    I am so grateful for His love :)

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your pictures, Faye. I can relate to the anxious thoughts and have to work hard to put them in the Lord's hands and then leave them there. It's especially difficult to do with my adult children but necessary for my own spirit.

    ReplyDelete