Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Ten Things to do on Sunday for a Productive Week..


Hello everyone.. 
The week has rolled around again and it is Sunday..
Tomorrow it will begin again and before we know it another week will roll around.. 
Time passes so quickly and my to do list is not anywhere near crossed out.. smile 

I saw a pin on Pinterest and it was titled .. 
Ten things to do on Sunday for a productive week..
Thus... the title of this post.. 

The faithful readers of this blog know that I have always loved Mondays.. 
It begins a week full of potential.. 
I wish I could say that I always or sometimes even accomplish what I should but that is not the way of it.. I have great intentions but ..... So, when I saw that pin I decided to look it up..

It was a fellow blogger and she was referring mostly to her blog and how to prepare for the week ahead with it and her schedules.. 
I enjoy my blog but to be honest I do not plan it.. 
I very seldom do anything ahead for it except to take pictures and then use them whenever.. 
Normally, I sit down, look at my pics and start typing.. smile.. 
Therefore, her list was not really what I was looking for.. 

But it did inspire me to make up a list of ten things that related to myself and hopefully, you too...

Yes, I am a list maker and my dear son-in-law has always had fun with that but the sweet thing with him is that he keeps me stocked with lovely note books, pens, journals and such.. 

One of my characteristics is that I am the epitome of a procrastinator!  Sad but true.. I therefore need all the help I can find..smile.. 
So please do not think I am being all pious and think I know it all...  I am the one who needs some help, believe me.. smile.. 

I do not know what this list will consist of but let's see what comes to mind.. 

Let's start with a scripture that applies to planning for the week..

Proverbs 16:3
 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.


Ten things to do on Sunday for a productive week..

1.. Begin Sunday by attending church and receiving strength and encouragement for another week..

  2.. Have a lovely Sunday dinner with your family or if it is just the two of you then make it a special meal..There is nothing like family time . You will find this blesses your week.

3.. Do something relaxing that you love.. If will rest you and prepare you for the week ahead. I love to read.  

4..Think about the things you need to accomplish this week..Make a list of chores, errands and appointments and make a list and plan how you are going to do this.. 

5..Do something to prepare for the week ahead that can be done with a nice hot cup of tea... Inspire yourself...




6.. Make a list of menus and a shopping list for the week so you can make meals with peace of mind instead of fretting about what you need to make .. 

7.. Try to plan a project for the week..
If you work out then perhaps you don't have the energy or time but it might be something you can plan. 
This time of year there are just so many Wintertime projects that I would love to do...
Go on Pinterest or make a project book to inspire you.. Paste in pictures and such.. Handwork, redecorating some area of your home, plan a personal Bible Study, a special gathering you would like to hostess and plan, someone you would like to visit, whatever.. Having something to look forward to makes life a lot better.. eh? 

8.. Think of some way to serve someone this week.. A phone call, a visit to the hospital or such, a meal , a card or whatever.. It doesn't have to be complicated.. When you give a little of yourself you receive so much more back.. 

9..  Call your Mom or someone you love who is close to you.. Wish them a blessed week.. Write in your gratitude journal..

10.. Do whatever helps you to have a good night's sleep.. 
A hot bath and clean sheets or whatever.. 
Rest is so important. 
Don't forget to finish the day with a little talk with your Lord.. 

Colossians 3:23
23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,

my project book..

Well, dear hearts this is my little post for Sunday.. 
Just a bit of fun....
Thanks for visiting and also I would like to welcome you new Google followers and Face Book likes.. 
The followers list is lessening all the time because of changes in Blog world.. So, I am happy you are aboard.. 

I appreciate all of your visits and comments so much.. 

Do you do anything special on Sunday to prepare for the week ahead... 
I would love to hear all about it.. 

God Bless you all.. 
xo

18 comments:

  1. This really truly ministered to me. I love this and I will be applying some of this. What great tips. Thanks. Have a SUPER week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list, and I like your encouragement to call your mother!
    Wish I could call mine. She's in Heaven.
    Blessings to you!Please drop by and say hello!
    ஐღLauraღஐ
    Harvest Lane Cottage
    ...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
    on a short shoestring budget!
    ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, my dear Faye, Sundays here are much like yours. We plan for the week ahead ...mostly with lists. The list contains: Groceries,odds and ends, birthdays and cards to send, appointments and maybe a neighborly visit, household duties, usual housekeeping jobs, visiting my darling aunt in the nursing home...it just never ends! But, I find that if we have a list, things go a lot smoother and I am in a happier mood! Jim even makes himself a list. Of course, his list is not as long as it used to be since he is retired and no longer running the business. I love my journals and "to do" pads. Not everything has to get done but it is good to stay on the straight and narrow of my list.

    L...
    S...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful post, I make plans, often but there are times things do not progress.
    We are expecting a snowy difficult week, but I hope to pick up a package, sort of a rabbit warren type. It started with my Sissy One, getting a baby quilt for my daughter in law. It started in TN, she passed it on to Sissy Two to deliver here. It has been back and forth to NC, several times in the last couple of months in her car trunk. She could not make the baby shower last night, she had been here since the last one was cancelled because of the blizzard we had. Well, she called yesterday and said she had left it with her Mom In Law, her previous one, not her current one. I am hoping to pick it up, and finally get it delivered. I believe it has logged over 1000 miles, 8 weeks, and 3 states. To get here from Sissy One's house is less than 50 miles, and 45 minutes driving time. Guess that is speedy delivery, huh? grin So perhaps that can be my good deed of service for the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Faye...how I enjoyed reading this beautiful post on planning ahead for the week. Ah...I too love my list of things to do, and sometimes I do tend to get a little caught up in accomplishing everything I set out to do, but oh, lists are so handy and I am learning!
    Your tips for planning ahead are lovely...thank you for the encouragement!
    Blessings and love...have a blessed upcoming week!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Colossians 3:23, it makes every task much more meaningful and blesses my day. I am a list maker too, do love my lists! My health varies so much during a week that planning can be difficult, that has never stoppet me trying though ;). This week begins with sick children home from school and doctors appointments. Not sure where the days are taking us, but I am going to treasure every good moment. Blessings, Pam in Norway

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think was one of my favorite posts, Faye. Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a super list to aspire to Faye. Thanks for the encouragement..
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely blog, they are the sort of things that would be ok to do on a Sunday. We were talking about how important the Sabbath is, in church yesterday. Woo

    ReplyDelete
  10. See....this is why I love your posts! Such inspiration to me......you are truly so gifted and blessed! Thank you Faye! I'm going to do this every Sunday....patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, and one more thing.....I loved it years ago when EVERYTHING was closed on Sunday's! Except emergency things. But all stores, restaurants, gas stations, etc were closed and I remember my dad gassing up the car on Saturday so we were ready for a SUNDAY drive after church and SUNDAY dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HinFaye, love the post, you are an insperation.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so enjoyed your lovely blog. I am a list maker too but sometimes I misplace my list. My husband has been in the hosp and is back home now and I have lists of medication and what time I give them. Lists are important. Your blog is emailed to me but in that form there is no place to give a comment. I have to go to my bookmark with your address to bring up your blog and leave a comment. Love your pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do quite a bit in your list. I also have a few of "Sunday routines" I always clean out the fridge. It's easier to plan a menu, use up what's getting old, and keeps it sanitary. I also clean out the diaper bag, my work bag, and my purse. Just removing old papers, food wrappers, and restocking my bag supplies makes the upcoming week so much easier.

    I'm going to try and adopt your attitude of Mondays being the start of new potential.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays Faye :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved this post! Thanks so much for sharing! Some wonderful ideas here, both in the post and in the comments.

    ReplyDelete