Pages

Monday, April 25, 2016

A Lace Doilie Curtain...


Hello everyone... 
How are you all doing?  
I have been missing from here for a few days.. 
Last week I spent several days with Shonda and had a wonderful time.. She is such great fun and I was so happy to spend those few days with her.. 
We attended a Ladies Retreat and were truly blessed in song and word.. 
But like always it was good to get home.. smile.. 

I wanted to show you the little lace doilie curtain that is finally hung.. 

We were up to the farm and I took it along.. 
I thought I would see what it looked like hanging on the door... 
There is a wee porch on the front and this is the original front door..

I decided to leave it hanging and will try to make another for here at home.. 
This was my first try and now I think I will do a better job on the next one.. 



Perhaps it is too long.. 
What do you think? 
I was making it really for the back door here at home and it is a bigger window.. 
I think it is okay there, though.. 

While I was waiting for Terry to lock up I noticed a lot of robins.. 



At one point I counted 15... 
When we were out for a drive a couple of times I noticed flocks of these birds.. 
Usually, there might be 4 or 5 but not such flocks as I have seen in fields this Spring.. 
Have you noticed this? 

Well, dear hearts this is all for this evening.. 
I hope you have a blessed week and thanks so much for dropping by.. 
As always thanks for your sweet notes and for following here or on Face Book... 
God bless.. 
xo




24 comments:

  1. Oh Faye, the lace curtain is darling! How I would love to make one for my craft room.

    Thinking of you and wishing you a beautiful week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faye your curtain is so cute. You did a wonderful job!! Your time with Shonda sounds lovely. Love all the birds, thanks for sharing with us. Have a great week!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sweet Faye, The lace curtain is lovely! It must have been fun putting it together. Robins.....finally.... Summer is coming!!

    L...
    S...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your curtain!!! We have seen a lot of robins this year,too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your curtain looks just lovely Faye. It would be hard to make it shorter I would think. No robins here. I am not sure if we have them in Australia. They are just beautifully coloured aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do like your doilie curtain very cute . Yes we have lots of Robins here again this year they are my favorite song bird . Thanks for sharing , have a god day !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the curtain, it really does look amazing and no I don't think it looks too long. Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty the way the light shines through the curtain. Exactly the right length.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love it, Faye!!!! Have a beautiful Tuesday, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spectacular, Faye, dear! No one else has one exactly like yours.

    *hugs*
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's pretty. Your lace curtain. I may have to try something similar. :)

    Robins... I have seen this on occasion. Haven't this year... but I remember one spring I was sewing and happened to be startled by a flock of robins - over thirty - all swoop in together to the bush right outside my window. OF COURSE - till I went and found the camera they had moved on. I have never seen anything so up close and so neat. They call the flock of birds so close together while flying a Murmuration. Look this up.. It's so mesmerizing. Our Creator is so creative, isn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your curtain... it looks so quaint. I like my curtains just a tad longer than the window so I think it's perfect. I love spending time with my daughter too! OUr robins are very confused as it is snowing to beat the band this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The curtain looks great and I don't think it is too long myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,
    I think the curtain looks wonderful. I like my curtains longer.
    Have a blessed week,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I LOVE this doily curtain, Faye! I may just have to borrow that idea when we build our farm house in Tennessee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your curtain is very pretty! It looks great hanging on your door window and is a good use of the doilies too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been wanting to make a doily curtain, Faye.
    Yours just inspires me even more!
    I don't think it's too long at all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just gorgeous!!! Thank you for linking this week at the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Faye, your doily curtain is so pretty! I think it looks sweet on the old door at the farm. We had dozens of robins in the field a few weeks ago and now it is just the 'normal' few now and then looking for worms. I remember driving to Moncton one year in early spring and there were dozens of robins in the fields and along the roadside (along with deer!). I'd never seen so many robins like that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning! Just a little note to let you know that this article has been FEATURED today at the Art of Home-Making Mondays! Thank you for joining us and we hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is beautiful Faye. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your darling curtain has inspired me to finally make my own. ALso like lampshades done with these.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The curtain is a brilliant idea, Faye, and so lovely.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete