Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2016

This April Morning....


Good Morning, dear hearts.. 
Just a little post to show you a little project that I am working on this morning.. 
I so love linens and lace.. 
Do you?  
My favourite thing to purchase at an auction is a box of linens.. 
I just can't wait to get home and lovingly go through each and every piece... 
Sometimes, my Mom will give me a cardboard box full of doilies and such and I treasure each and every one.. 
She buys them at an auction or is going through her stuff and discards some tattered and torn ones.. 
She knows that I will find some 
way to enjoy them or put them to use.. 

This is my newest idea.. 
A window treatment.. 

So... 
I like both but I don't think there is any particular rhyme or reason to making this.. 
Do you?  
I just pulled out a bunch of doilies and with a thread and needle started going from one to the next.. 
I tried using my machine but had a problem.. 
Whenever we go to the farm a lot of times I will take my machine because who knows what I may want to do.. 
I have some fabrics and old curtains there and I might get inspired. right? 
Well, in the transporting I have lost a little piece of the machine that holds my thread spool in place.. 
Oh brother ! 
So.. until I can find it or buy it I am using my tread and needle.. 
Probably the best way anyhow.. 
Our back door needs a curtain and I kind of think this would be neat.. 
The light will still come through and just a bit different.. 

The second picture is a pin on Pinterest and at the bottom it said these words.. 

Hello... I think we have something to talk about.. 
I thought that was cute as I would think the same if I went to a door and saw this curtain.. 

Mine is not finished but as soon as I figure out a way to hang it then I will take a photo and let you see.. 
It won't be as nice as the ones above but I am having fun.. 
If you get my drift... smile.. 

Have a great weekend dear friends.. 
God bless...

20 comments:

  1. Faye, I love your ideas...I know this will be so sweet and inviting once it is put up. I too love old lace and linens. Have a blessed weekend! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love doilies and lacey things all over our cottage too. Your idea looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do so much with lovely antique lace. I love the way the sun comes in through the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faye, that is just beautiful. It is so funny because only yesterday I made some hoops (embroidery) with old doilies. I want them to be appreciated by someone not just languishing in a drawer somewhere. I love the curtain, I may be a copy-cat. Love the pinterest saying too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye you are a true romantic!! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a sweet idea Faye. It is so pretty. I have also seen them stitched together as a table runner. Have a nice weekend! XX Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love this idea Faye!!! So beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea Faye ! Looks pretty and different . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like fun to me and it will be so pretty and different!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa!!! I loveeeeee this!!! I have a box of lace doilies---I love this, Faye. Thank you...Many Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely idea, looking forward to seeing the finished curtain, hope you show.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, it would go well with a doily table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Looking forward to seeing the finished project!

    If you have a sewing machine shop they may have the piece you need for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,
    I am looking forward to seeing the finished project....you are so creative. :-)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  15. old lace is lovely and I like older doilies as well. I bought a couple awhile back at an antique store that wasn't too expensive. One of these days they'll all be gone! Happy week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a very cute idea, hope you find your part soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this idea Faye. I would think the best way to make the curtain would be to sew the doilies to a piece of netting. Just a thought. Looking forward to the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful curtain! So clever and it looks fabulous. I so admire your ambition and adventurous nature! I have said it so many time......you inspire me in so many ways! I'm so thankful the Lord led me to your blog!

    ReplyDelete