Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2015

This week....


Hello everyone.. 
Here we are on another Saturday night and another week has come to a close.. 

We have had quite a week but the temps have been lovely and the snow is leaving very quickly.. 
The snow pics on this post were taken last week and what a difference there is.. 
That is the church my husband attended when he was a child.. 

Still  a lot around but the fields are clearing but there are still  patches and banks here and there that will take a bit longer... 
At least now, we know Spring has arrived in Maritime Canada... smile..

This is a picture post of this  week's doings... 
Nothing special for you this time, I am afraid.. smile.. 
I have mentioned many times that this blog is about the simple life that Terry and I live... 
Just a keeper of the home even though we are retired... 

The cookies I bake up and put 2/3 in the freezer because we don't need them.. Then when someone drops by there is hopefully a bag there that I can take out.. 
The little craft items that somehow find there way into my day....

A tea cozy that we made at Keepers Meeting.. 

Then we take little drives to see how many deer there are.. 

They are everywhere.. 

So glad they survived the Winter snows... 

Trying to put plants every room in our home.. 


I love the look of them and they are so good for the air we breath.. 

I have a not so secret love for these birds... 


If only my husband felt the same.. 
Alas.... no.... grin..

A beautiful book I bought at the thrift store.. 


Hoping to frame several of the beautiful photos in the book.. 

Still making soup ... often...

Hamburger and tomato and veggies and herbs.. 
mmmmmm...

A simply lovely view that my cousin sees everyday.. 

This is on the way to our old farm.. 
The snow is almost gone from the lane so next week, Lord willing, I will do an old farm day post... smile.. 

Another craft I tried but did not work out... 


I have to try this one again.. smile.. 

Then... 
O HAPPY DAY... 
My parcel from sweet Shane arrived that I won... 

Wrapped up so beautifully...

I was so thrilled to receive this all the way from New Zealand.. 


I have a special place for it in one of the spare rooms and will share when it is finished... 

So French.. 
Thank you, dear Shane.. 
You can find her HERE...

Terry brought home some apples.. 

So.. 
Apple pies were made just in time for some sweet company... 

And.... 
this is a photo that a dear reader from Alaska sent me.. 
It is her own private tea room... 
Beautiful, eh.. 
Love the colors and the daintiness of it all.. 
Thanks, Delores.. 

If any of you have a pic of your coffee or tea corner please send it to me in my email and I will post it.. 
OK.. 

Well, this is all for tonight my friends.. 
Tomorrow is the Lord's Day so we are looking forward to a lovely day.. 

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving me your kind notes.. 
I so appreciate it.. 
Also, welcome to the new followers of the blog... 

May God bless and keep you.. 

Linked to.. The Enchanting Rose..

27 comments:

  1. Lots of beautiful pictures. Love the one with the farm in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing lovely photos of your week, Faye. You do live in a beautiful place even though it is so cold. Your parcel from NZ is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing, I always look forward to visiting here. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts are always soo YUMMY ! Faye ! WOW ! you still have a lot of snow there . Hoping for it all to be gone very soon for you ! Lovely photos ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Faye the tea corner is so cute ,love the basket ,looks like small plates inside, such talented ladies .I will keep trying to improve my coffee corner,I so love all the different ideas.Love Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a lovely tea corner...I did not know we could share ours also :D You have such a blessed life dear Faye :0) mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever are you talking about? that craft that did not work out?? If you're talking about the photo with the chickens sewn on to fabric and their feet, wings and beaks drawn on... and their names? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so artsy looking... I love it just the way it is. Like it was meant to be just that...

    What were you going to do with it?? (just curious?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Lovely sweet post! Cookies and pies and a craft that looks like it really has potential! I hope you try again as I would like to know how your doing it! Well I am off to sleep and just wanted to say hello!
    Blessings, Roxy
    Oh I loved the tea cozy also...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A feast for the eyes with those beautiful looking cookies and pies. I so agree with Bevy a great looking project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi dear Faye, It's hard to believe how fast the snow has gone this past week. We always think it will last until June when we get so much of it, don't we. :) We took a drive to Moncton and Sussex yesterday and there is still a bit more snow on the fields, especially on the 'mountains (Kierstead and Snyder) coming home but it is going fast. I made 2 batches of cookies this past week and froze some and took a lot with us yesterday to share. I am eating way too many of them lately so I need to cut back. It's nice to get out and do some yard work these nice days and see what's coming up in the gardens. What a lovely gift you received from Shane. She sends the sweetest things eh. I sure would like a slice of that apple pie with my tea this evening. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Faye. What a beautiful week, and the serenity in your post just shines through. I adore the tea cozy, and have a mind to create a similarly glamorous one now! Your applique` is perfect as is dear lady. And the gift from Shane is beautiful...I must hop on over and check her blog now! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Faye,
    A beautiful post.
    I will say I get hungry every time I read your blog. :-)
    That pie looks so good.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello dear Faye
    I was so impressed with your stitching - Bertha and Myrtle are delightful and you've inspired me to give it a go - it would make such a beautiful table runner! Keep going with it - I love it!
    Thank you for your kind words about my collage.

    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cozy, lovely post, Faye. I love your chickens on the fabric - sometimes we're a tad too critical of our own work. Love it. The gifts from Shane are just lovely.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. we have about nine deer that go through our property daily and the winter was quite harsh for them. They feasted on my front bushes and now we are waiting to see if the bushes have survived the extreme trimming they endured over the winter. I'm afraid they have not...but we need to wait a few more weeks to find out. loved the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful post as always. Loved the tea cozy...tutorial perhaps? Your photos as always are so beautiful. What a cozy happy home you have. And to the reader who sent the picture of her tea corner, it is so pretty. May God bless you and hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that is a lot of snow and to melt that fast!
    Such beautiful photos of the deer. I never get tired of seeing them. So regal - don't know how anyone can hunt them.
    What a special win from Shane - beautiful treasures.
    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the tea cozy - any possibility of getting the pattern? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. as always just Beautiful post...so lovely and make's one feel Welcome...and cared for.
    I found this blog and thought of you. http://gentlework.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/2-weeks-to-go.html
    OXOX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Greetings from southern California. I loved seeing the beautiful pictures of winter. It is really a lovely gift that you received. And, I too, love the picture of the tea corner. Sending you my best wishes, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another beautiful post Faye, sorry I am late in seeing it we have been in the garden so much.
    Your pie & cookies look wonderful, Mary loves apple pie it is her favourite. I love the tea cosy & other crafty bits.
    Enjoy this beautiful day.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, that pie.... Seeing yours has given me a "hankering" for one :) Maybe I will make one for dessert tonight.

    Your tea cosy is so pretty, my friend. I love the lace doily and gem in the center. And speaking of pretty, the items from Shane are gorgeous!! She is such a beautiful and talented lady. What a joy to win her sweet handmade items.

    Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration - always happy to have you at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Faye...lovely pictures always, it's hard for me to imagine what it's like to still have all that snow lying around. It's been lovely here though I feel rain is in the air...maybe tomorrow so it's been all systems go as normally when it starts t doesn't know when to stop! Take care, Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Olá! Conheci hoje o seu blog e gostei muito. Por favor, venha conhecer o meu também e poderemos trocar conhecimentos. E adorei seu trabalho com as galinhas aplicadas, achei que deu certo sim.
    Beijos
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  25. This post just breathes home, and there is nothing plain about it! :) Thank you for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So many great photos! That view is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Faye, you have the loveliest blog posts.. I love chickens too... your stitched ones are adorable!

    ReplyDelete