Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Forty-Seven Years....


Hello there everyone.. 
Terry and I are celebrating our 47th anniversary today!  
Well, actually we celebrated on Friday with a little day trip to St. Martins and dinner out and such.. 
A lovely day!  

The photo above seems like a lifetime ago in some ways but yet I can almost feel myself standing there holding onto his hand as he guided the knife in the cutting of our cake.. 

I doubt if we could have imagined this day on that night so long ago.. 
It would have seemed like aeons away and we probably would picture ourselves as terribly old and feeble.. smile..

It was a sweet wedding with all of our family and friends and then I put on my going away outfit (as it was called then.) and had this sweet pic taken with our precious parents.. 

Doesn't Terry look like his Mom?  
My mother is only 36 year old.. Imagine!  
Now she is 82 and my darling Dad has gone to be with the Lord as has both of Terry's parents.. 
We were so blessed to have all of our parents in our lives for many years.. 
They gave us encouragement, advice and love .. Then covered us in prayer everyday... 
So thankful for all of the blessings that our marriage brought.. 
Our precious family.. 
Children and grandsons... 
And dear friends... 
And a love that has endured ....
God has been so good to us.. 

So, my dears I am happy you dropped by... 
Hope you have a great week and God bless... 


Here is a little something to think about.. eh? 


Hugs...

29 comments:

  1. A very Happy Anniversary to you both...oh my, how the years have gone by. You are just as lovely now as you were then, Faye. Have a happy week, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!!!! When I first saw your " going away" picture I thought you were your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post about beautiful people! Happy Anniversary dear Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs back to you, my dear. Blessings are sent to you and Terry for your 47th anniversary. Your pictures are wonderful! (and I am glad you posted them!)

    L...
    S...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anni! Here's to another wonderful and happy 47 years together. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary..time sure does go quickly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 47th anniversary to you both! I like your beautiful hair all done up in curls. I remember those hair styles. Isn't it amazing what we thought about when we were first married and how it is now? And I love my husband more today than the day we were married but I loved in a different way. I like the Marriage Box writing. So true. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you both . Lovely photos and the last one is stunning of you two together I love it . I like the marriage box writing so very true , it really does take two ! Thanks for sharing , have a good evening !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary my dear friend. I enjoyed the photos and the quote.
    Have a great week,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! Forty seven years in marriage is amazing :) Loved seeing your family photos.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary to a great couple . Love the pictures & story . Great Anniversary message this morning . If we had known we would have bought you a chap stick .LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniversary Faye. I well remember those hairstyles when we were young :-) You both look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary, you and your mother bust have been young brides! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh look at you two...what a joy to celebrate such an amazing union! congratulations dear lady :0) mari

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary to two beautiful people!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on 47 years! God's blessings on you both!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! God's best to you on your special day! Happy Anniversary and you both look absolutely beautiful in today's picture.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you both! Here's to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary! A truly beautiful post xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on 47 years. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not kidding, you both looked a lot like my parents when they married 45 years ago! Amazing! Love seeing the beautiful pictures and enjoyed your trip down memory lane, and what a beautiful truth the "marriage box" is... it is not about what you take, but about what you give! Happy Anniversary to both of you, a lovely picture of you both! May the Lord's richest blessings be with you for many years to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Like your photos And thank you for sharing the marriage box

    linda m

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations Faye and Terry, what a milestone! May you have many more years together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Anniversary.
    What a lovely photo's!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Anniversary.
    What a lovely photo's!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. May God bless you and give you happiness and joy with your ''other half'' !
    And many years to come!!!
    Carmen S.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sorry I'm late with your anniversary wishes. Forty-seven years is a long time by today's standards and I know you and Terry set a Godly standard for your lives and marriage. I wish you both many more happy and healthy years of love and good times. Congratulations! The photos are wonderful but I like the recent one of you both best as it shows that you've stood the test of time and life and all the ups and downs that come with it. God bless you both! Hugs. Pam

    ReplyDelete