Pages

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Thursday night post...

Hello everyone.. 
Welcome to the Blessed Hearth this evening.. 
Just a little post for you towards the end of April... 
Last week we woke up to a couple of inches of snow twice at least but it would all be gone by noon.. 
Thank heavens.. 
I hope that we are finished with it all. 
We were out to the farm the other day just to get some water and drop off some stuff.. 

Charlie was glad to be back.. smile.. 
 I took a few pics so you can see that the snow is really almost gone.. 
Still some up in the hills... 

But it won't be long and that too will be melted away.. 
The brook sounds awesome this time of year.. 
Enjoyed sitting there listening to it while Terry did his thing.. 

Just dreaming about planting and such.. 


We hope to have a much bigger garden this year... 

Then on Saturday we had a Keepers of the Home meeting.. 
We woke up to several inches of snow but the roads were bare...

We made some breakfast and a wee devotional about our Homes and thankful that the Lord holds our hands.. 

We learned to make a few cleaning products.. 


Cleaning cutting boards with a cut lemon and coarse salt.. 

Orange vinegar.. 

Lindsay showed up how to make the All Purpose Orange Household Cleaner.. 
Her Mom was visiting and shared with us how much she loved using this product at her daughter's and now she is making it.. smile.. 
So nice to have a few new visitors this time.. 


Linen Refresher in a Spray Bottle.. 
 Lavender buds and Castile Soap, Essential oils and Vitamin E capsules all came in handy.. 


Quite a collection of oils ... 
Thanks, Linds.. 


Lavender Sugar Scrub..
Here is the recipe.. 
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of almond or olive oil 
1 T. dried lavender buds
15 drops of lavender essential oil.. 
Vitamin E capsule pierced and squeezed in.. 
Stir all together and store in a crock or such.. 

To use just rub some on your hands and rinse well with warm water.. 

Homemade Laundry Soap... 


Recipe 
2 1/2 cups of shredded laundry soap 
2 cups Borax 
2 cups Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
essential oil of choice and amount (optional)
Shred soap with a grater that you use only for this purpose.. 
Add the rest of the ingredients into a large bowl or pail and mix well.. 
1/4 cup per load.. 

Make Homemade Fabric Softener Recipe Here.



That is all for today, dear hearts.. 
So glad you dropped by.. 

I would give a little prayer request for my husband's family as they mourn the loss of a dear girl only 17 years old this past week.. 
God is faithful and has sent peace to hearts and minds.. 

Take care and love your families and let them know that they are precious... 
Hugs.. 

Psalms 34: 18
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
.


17 comments:

  1. What interesting things you made together. Anything with lavender is a favourite here, and I have been trimming my lavender bushes back into shape recently.
    So sad to hear of a young person passing, prayers said for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snow was a shocker. We had a good 5 inches both days! It's so much warmer here today although rainy and foggy. I'm sorry about the passing of the teenage girl. That is so sad to lose someone so young. Blessings to you and yours.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and homey!! You are a very special woman, Faye!!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss, Faye. I saw the obit on Facebook.

    This post is chockful of useful recipes that I plan to try. Many thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for the family-so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for the Lord's comfort in this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our dear, old friends lost their daughter last week to a brain tumor. She had daughters of her own and her husband. So sad to lose young people. I prayed so hard for all of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Faye, We had quite a bit of snow both days too. The only one that enjoyed it was the puppy.
    Your Keepers meetings look so interesting. I wish I lived closer.
    I am so sorry to hear about the death of the young girl. So sad.
    Keep well
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, dear Faye... I am so sorry about the loss of a family member, so young too.
    My heart and prayers for family and friends suffering.

    That snow... ugh.. I am so ready to have it gone and stay gone too :)
    I am craving sunshine and weather warm enough for porch sittin' !!

    Love your homecrafts that y'all made at your Keepers meeting.
    Homemade is usually best.

    Have a lovely rest of your week.
    ~K.
    p.s Thanks so much for the warm and welcoming comments on my blog.. so happy to be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Faye, we too are in spring mode, just today washing some woolens. Appreciated the link to the vinegar with essestial oils fabric softener.
    Will be praying for the sweet girl's family. Only Jesus can comfort in the way we need when our child goes ahead of us. Our precious girl (16) went home ....just a few years ago. Oh how I miss her!!! Hugs, Deedy

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely post!
    Enjoyed the photos and recipes!
    Very sincere condolences on the passing of this young one.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sad to hear of a loss of someone so young, you will certainly be in my prayers. Always a joy to visit and discover new recipes, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Faye I am saddened to hear of the loss of such a young person. Big hugs to you all from across the oceans. Thanks so much for the recipes. You must have such lovely Keepers of the Home get-togethers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How nice to share those recipes for soap and scrub. It's been chilly and raining here. Still. My daughter was wearing 4 layers today. Good thing I bought her another sweatshirt at the coast while Phil and I were away. So sorry to hear of the loss in Terry's family of young girl. My prayers and condolences to you all! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad to see the recipe for fabric softener. I never use it because it basically coats everything in a plastic like substance, which makes the towels non-absorbent. And I would like to have something that is natural...who knows what is in the stuff at the grocery store.

    Your scripture reference is especially meaningful to me right now...it's always good to remember this truth. How sad for this young girl's family! I lost my 51 year old son after a short illness two days after Christmas & am having a terrible time coping with it. I lost my husband 4 years ago from a massive stroke, & I think the two losses have just been a lot to deal with. But the Lord always gives me reminders of His faithfulness & provision even in difficult times. And I know I will see them again!!

    Anita ~ the cabin on the creek

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi friend!
    i found you blog beautiful.
    glad that finally snow took break and left with footsteps of coming spring.
    best wishes for you bigger garden this year!
    you are amazingly skilled with home made recipes .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your recipes look very interesting, especially the lavender sugar scrub. Sending prayers out to your family for the loss of such a young girl.

    ReplyDelete