Pages

Monday, November 20, 2017

Monday Morning Christmas Inspiration....

Good Morning my dears.. 
Here we are at the  beginning of another week and closer to Christmas then the last time I posted.. 
The weeks will surely fly by so I thought you might like a few images from the web and some of my own that turned my crank this week.. smile.. 

Christmas is all about Christ and our dear families that he has gifted us with, eh? 
It is nice to receive gifts but what blesses this mama's heart is the dear faces around the Christmas table.. 
Well, on Christmas Day or a day or so later once our children leave the nest... smile.. 
Such a wonderful time of the year to really celebrate!
The greatest gift He gave and the love we share with our families and friends... 
Looking forward to making and doing and planning and decorating.. 
Where is my List Books??  lol... 
So here we go.. 

Love love this wreath.. 
Went with some friends this weekend to a lovely Christmas event at an old train station and bought a homemade fir wreath from a sweet friend.. 
All I need to do is add a set of lights, a few pine cones and one of my little Christmas churches.. 
Ta da... 

This is a vignette from the little room that I used to decorate for my grandsons when they were little.. 
I would love to be able to do this again but one Christmas a couple of years ago we were short a chair for the dinner so someone brought this old red chair out.. 
After dinner they put it in the Sun Room and I was in there talking to our sons and just sat down on the chair.. 
It was old and dried out from the wood heat and when I sat down it just broke in two.. 
I landed on the floor and that Christmas is remembered as the Christmas that Mom broke the chair and landed on the floor.. 
lol.. 

I found this one on the web and it was entitled:
 The year I couldn't afford presents and made my own.. 
Loved the thought and expect the recipients were more then pleased.. eh? 

This is another idea for gifts or myself.. 
Little Rosemary wreaths.. 
I brought home a bunch of Rosemary so this is an easy one.. 
Just wiring on the branches and a bow.. 
You could buy enough herb at the super market and make one of your own.. 

This was our mantel in the family room a couple of years ago.. 
Not sure how it will be done this year.. 
We will see.. 

And another easy one.. 
A small evergreen wreath and a set of battery lights on an old chair placed in a corner some where.. 

My daughter's work.. 
Vintage ornaments from Dave's Mom and an old frame.. 
Beautiful, eh? 

She and I did a craft show together a year or so ago and this was some of her work.. 
She gave me one of the Jingle pillows for my birthday.. 
Love it.. 

I know that a lot of girls who follow my blog are much more modern with the whites, greys and blues but I love the cosiness of this room.. 
For years and years my decorating was governed by what crafts were in style that year.. 
Country, Victorian or Primitive, etc and I had to decorate accordingly in order to sell crafts here at my Open House.. 
A friend asked me this week what my style was now and I was so pleased to say that I just do what I like.. 
I think Shonda said that I was UK Country and I think she was right... smile.. 
This one reminds me of our Living Room... 

Usually here in Canada Christmas means snow.. 
Not every year mind you but often.. 
Snowmen abound here but I am very happy with a green Christmas.. Perhaps since I was born during one... grin.. 

Isn't this sweet.. 
I bought a lovely old pitcher this summer from my friend Barb who owns an antique shop in Sussex... 
I also have those sweet plate candle holders and lots of wood spools.. 
Very farmhouse style but I love it... 
And I think I can find a few preserves here, too.. smile.. 

Yes... 
Christmas baking.. 
I don't do nearly the baking that I used to but it is still fun to whip up some gingerbread and see what you can do with it.. 
Perhaps some gingerbread spoons or such... smile.. 

Keeping my eye opens for a few old fancy jars to make some of these window sill votives.. 
A bit of wire and some candles.. Add a sprig of pine and a few berries and they are done.. 

Simple and easy way to decorate a tree in a little out of the way place in your home.. 
Table settings.. 

Notice the mason jars in the first one.. 
There are 32 examples at this site... 

Well my friends this is all for this Monday... 
Hope you enjoyed them.. 

Thanks so much for dropping by and I love your notes.. 
Take care and God bless you today.. 
xo


10 comments:

  1. Faye, I too love a cosy room. I know the fashion is for cool colours but at Christmas the reds look so happy and welcoming. The picture frame with the ornaments is stunning. What a lovely way to remember people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post and photos, I bought my ingredients for Christmas cake today :) wishing you a blessed week :) Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty inspiration Faye :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and inspiring photos as usual, Faye. No snow for Christmas here in Australia. It is usually hot and sometimes stormy. I would love to experience a white Christmas though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful blog, and I love your ideas in this post. Will be decorating similar to yours; thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow beautiful post! Decorations are awesome.

    ReplyDelete