Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Forty six years together...


Hello there dear girls.. 
Just a wee post today .. 

Terry and I are celebrating our 46th anniversary.. 

Forty six years ago it was an Easter weekend, too.. 
There was not any snow and the weather was very spring like.. 
We were just a couple of kids embarking on a long road that we could not even imagine .. 

I remember when we celebrated Terry's parents 45th anniversary and I don't think we could picture ourselves doing the same.. 
But here we are... 

We owe it to the Lord for the lovely blessings we have received down through the years.. 
He has given us a wonderful family and a life full of love and joy.. 

We have had our ups and downs just like everyone else.. 

I look at that first picture of us taken at Christmas 1969 and we were so young.. 
It was the first meal that I had shared with his family and I was a nervous wreck.. grin.. 
I found them a bit daunting to be honest.. 
We came from two different worlds and I was outside of my comfort zone as our life styles were not the same.. 
Over the years, though our lifestyles have meshed into one.. 

We have learned from each other.. 
They say opposites attract and we are although we are more alike after all this time then we are different..smile.. 

Not that everyday has been a picnic... 
There were times when we both could have thrown in the towel but we had a family.. 
They were far more important to both of us then our own desires.. 
Today, I thank the dear Lord for giving us the sense to realize it even when we could have gone our separate ways.. 

Yesterday as we gathered together as a family to celebrate Easter I thought how thankful I was to sit beside the dearest man on earth to me.. 
To look across and share a smile with him over something that our grandsons or children had to say..  
That makes me thankful that neither one of us gave up on each other.. 

We have been so blessed to have the Lord in our lives and to lean on Him for strength on those days when we thought we could have slammed the door and not looked back..
The years have passed and we still love each other..
There are times when I look up to see him looking at me and
I say.. what? 
And he just smiles.. 
I still love that smile.. 

I just can't imagine my life without him nor do I want to.. 
He is so honest and caring..
A loving father and grand father.. 
A wonderful provider ..
 Always looking after me and making me laugh... 
And he loves Jesus... smile...

So dear hearts please celebrate with us today.. 
A milestone for sure and I hope and pray that God will bless us with many more.. 

I have to go.. 
The dear thing is taking me out for dinner and I need to get ready.. 

I found the thought below on the web and thought it worth sharing with you... 


our sweet sweet family.. 
a girl and two boys and now all of these.. xo


God bless you all and thank you so much for your response to my little survey thing last post and your dear sweet words..
The amount of emails I received is really overwhelming and I will do a post next week about it all along with our Easter celebrations.. 
Ok?  

Have a blessed Easter Sunday,,, 
Jesus paid a great price for our souls..
xo

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.. 

Romans 3:24
And all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus....





31 comments:

  1. Blessings on your anniversary, a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings on your anniversary, a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Faye and your Terry! Have a wonderful weekend and Easter. God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful family you have. Many congratulations on your 46th wedding anniversary, here's wishing you many more happy years together. Have a wonderful meal together and a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary Faye and Terry many congratulations I hope that you have had a lovely day. You surely have a beautiful family. Have a lovely Easter too. Bless you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely, Faye. Congratulations. It is Easter Sunday here so I am off to church soon. Have a blessed and relaxing Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, Happy Anniversary, friend...and wishes for many more. Happy Easter to you as well..Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh Happy Anniversary Faye and Terry, So Wonderful to see couples staying together for the long haul. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary, Faye and Terry, and a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary, Faye and Terry, and a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a truly lovely post. Congratulations on 46 years together. God continue to bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary, and a wonderful Easter!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to see pictures like that. Happy anniversary! What a nice looking family you have. Happy Easter too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary guys what a lovely couple and family ! Happy Easter !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary to you both....Love the photos! Also Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very Happy Anniversary to you both! I wish you many more. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful testimony to all of us...Congratulations and God's grace and peace to both of you.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary you two lovebirds!!!!! Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary and Happy, Blessed Easter!!

    You have a beautiful story to tell - and look at the blessings surrounding you in every way. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Anniversary!!! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, what a precious post, dear Faye! First of all, Happy Anniversary! What a joy to celebrate so many wonderful years together and I pray the Lord blesses you with many more :)

    May you and your sweet family have a blessed and beautiful Easter. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband Faye. God has so richly blessed you with such a wonderful family and many years together. What a great tribute to marriage. My God give you many more years together.
      Angela

      Delete
  22. Hugs Faye, what a wonderful message and Happy Anniversary to you both!! Carrie and Jason

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! Wishing you both a lovely day:) Best wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Anniversary!
    My hubby and I just celebrated our 26th Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such an endearing post and encouraging Faye! Thank you for sharing with us and CONGRATULATIONS! :)

    ReplyDelete