Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2016

March days at the farm...









Hello everyone.. 
Just another day at the farm post for you.. 
I find myself somewhat tiresome in the sameness of my posts but as it is all I have then here we go... smile.. 

We are having wonderful weather here in the southern part of our province... Very spring like and warm.. 
A bit of rain and wind or perhaps a speck of snow but really we are very happy with it all.. 
Today was really cold, though and windy but that's fine.. 

This is the first Winter that we have been able to visit our farm a day or two a week almost since Christmas.. 
I posted a few pantry and kitchen pics..
The pantry is still not really finished but a work in progress.. 
A bit here and there but it is getting there.. 
Still waiting on the old sink...smile.

We had a meal at the farm the other day and enjoyed a new way of eating leftover mashed potatoes.. 
Just warm up some leftover mashed, add an whisked egg, chopped parsley, onion or whatever herb you like... a bit of milk and butter... 
Stir up really well and fill greased muffin tins.. 
Sprinkle on some shredded cheese and bake in 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes or until heated through.. 
They were delicious... 
Also a loaf of bread.. 
I don't why but when I am in that old kitchen I want to bake bread.. smile.. 

How are your days going?  
This has been one of those weeks but today was lovely and so glad that we are blessed with health and strength... 

Our sweet grandson, Carter left yesterday for Ghana, Africa on a Youth Missions trip.. 
Praying that he will have a great time and arrive back home safe and sound.. smile.. 

Well, dear hearts this is all for today.. 
I am sorry that I do not seem to be very inspired lately.. 
We are enjoying ourselves, though.. 
And God is good.. 

Thanks for dropping by and welcome to the new followers.. 
I do post the odd thing on the Face Book page that I don't post here so if you just check in on  the badge at the top of the sidebar you can see if there is anything new.. 
You don't have to have a FB account to just click on and read.. 
Love your comments as I tell you every time.. smile.. 

God bless each and everyone of you.. 
xo

23 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your vintage kitchen...its so warm and inviting. I have added your potato recipe to my cookery book and look forward to trying them..they look lush.
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pops of red in your rooms. Your farm looks like a lovely place to spend some time in. Since I don't have another home to visit it is nice of you to share yours with us! We have enjoyed some very nice spring weather here in Alabama the past week but today is cold and rainy letting us know Spring is coming but not here yet!😉. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pops of red in your rooms. Your farm looks like a lovely place to spend some time in. Since I don't have another home to visit it is nice of you to share yours with us! We have enjoyed some very nice spring weather here in Alabama the past week but today is cold and rainy letting us know Spring is coming but not here yet!😉. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!! Oh my. I could just move right in!! ;)
    xo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vintage look of your old farmhouse is timeless Faye. I can understand why you love to bake bread there, it is just the perfect place to do that! Your kitchen there has such special ole' time charm! Love your potato mashers, they look wonderful! I'm glad that you have had a milder winter this year! I always enjoy your posts, dear Faye! Have a blessed day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that blue and white floor! What a delightful place to spend time and bake. It may feel like a bore to write what feels the same day to day, but it can be a balm to the spirit to read about someone else's homey rituals and share small joys; to be able to pray for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I enjoy coming to your posts just because they do stay the same. I feel comfortable here and love reading about your farm and your baking. My mum used to make mashed potato with an egg in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your kitchen, a real delight. Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can never tire of your homemaking posts! The baked potato muffins look delicious! I will be trying this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have the same kitchen cabinets in our home...I loveeeeeee all the photos you posed. Have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a blessing indeed to have so much to be thankful for & a blessing to read your post! I am going to make those potato muffins!
    Praying for Carter & the work they will do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning, Faye! I love your "same" posts. :-) Beautiful photos, as usual. I have to say that I love that checked floor in your kitchen and thank you for all the little recipes you always post. I hope your day is blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a very cold but sunny morning here on the Ridge and I'm thankful the wind has stopped blowing like it was yesterday. I so enjoyed looking over every area of your farmhouse pantry and kitchen, seeing all the vintage utensils and gadgets you have collected and the beautiful old wood table and cabinets, etc. It has been an excellent winter for car travel for sure. I went with some girlfriends yesterday to visit another friend for lunch but for the most part have been staying close to home. Murray and I made a run to Moncton 2 weeks ago on a beautiful mild day - quite enjoyable looking out the windows at the brown landscape (for the most part). :) I pray your grandson has a safe and blessed trip. Have a blessed weekend Faye. Hugs. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also never tire of your posts, Faye. I love seeing photos of the different places you visit. Summer has just finished here and we are waiting for the cooler weather to kick in and it is just the opposite for you over there. I am sure everyone looks forward to seeing the sunshine once again after the cold winters you have.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Faye, I adore your kitchen, absoulutly beautiful!!!! So many great cupboards and cabinets, love it all. I would never want to leave. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Faye - You may think your posts are nothing special, but you don't know what they do for me. I love every one. Your house has a pantry, oh I would love it if I had one. My kitchen is teensy-tiny. I love the idea with the mash potatoes I'm going to try that I think my DH would like that. We woke up to a bit of snow this morning here in South East Pennsylvania, just a dusting really, stuck to all the trees, so pretty. But I long for spring. Keep writing & posting pics I eagerly await each one and I know your other friends do too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely post, makes me feel a xx
    ll homely..thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your posts Faye so never tire of them !....Your farmhouse kitchen sure is a place for cooking and relaxing, sort of like travelling back in time. The leftover potato recipe looks good. I will be trying this on the weekend. Nice for a brunch!
    Thank you...Lorelei

    ReplyDelete
  19. Waaaaay off down here in the hinterlands, I have an old bookcase in my kitchen with cubbies like yours. I have it filled with odds and ends of old jars that I pick up here and there. They hold all of my staple foods...beans, barley, cornmeal, cornstarch, powdered sugar and the like.
    The grandgirls like to rearrange the jars when they are around...sometimes by color, sometimes by the height of the jar....
    When I want something, I have to search, but it makes me smile!!
    Hugs to you, and please know that I NEVER tire of your posts!!
    Blessings to you and prayers for your grandson,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the farm house kitchen soo cute and cozy ! Lovely photos and YUMMY post as always . Nope me either never get tired of your lovely posts at all . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely kitchen! Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your posts are always refreshing...I love looking at the pictures you take. Praying for Carter's safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely to hear from you. I hope that all will be well for Carter and that it will be a great trip! xx

    ReplyDelete