Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Auction Finds, a cleaning tip and Bojangles Rice...

Hello my dears..
 Just a wee post today... or tonight I guess I should say.  If you read Primitive Lace you will see what we have been up to today.. just in case you are interested.....
I guess you girls are all very busy this week ...Ladies Retreat is coming up and I know some of you are planning on going...
Yesterday, I had to do some cleaning and came across a neat tip for you girls who have  little ones who always like to help Mom...  I read it somewhere but  anyway... you just put an old sock on your child's hand or hands with a large elastic.  Then spray on some furniture polish or such and let them dust to their heart's content...lol... at least it will keep them busy for a bit...
I thought I would show you a couple of things I bought at the auction...
A lovely old depression glass bowl.  It is quite big and would be lovely with some potato salad or such..
Then this old trunk with strawberries painted on it.  They are nice but it will look better with a coating of antiquing on it.. It isn't huge but it does have to sit on the floor...
I made this rice yesterday and thought you might like the recipe..  It is called dirty rice and is a cajun type one.  When we were on our trip ...we ate at a place called Bojangles.  I had the rice and loved it..  When I got home I googled it and came up with this recipe.  It is not exact but very close and soooo good.
Here it is...
DIRTY RICE
Put 4 cups of chiken broth in a pot and bring it to a boil.  Then add 2 cups of long grain rice.
Cook on medium for 15 minutes.
While it is cooking put 1 pound of sauage in a large frypan and brown..
Then add 1 c. chopped onion
1/3 c. chopped celery
1/2 c. chopped red pepper
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
chopped parsley
1 tsp. thyme
Add cooked rice and stir well .  Add salt and pepper and more seasoning (like cayenne pepper) to your taste...  Voila  ...
Lunch....
I drained the fat from the sauage and rinsed in a cool water and drained before adding the veggies..
Well, that is all for tonight.  I hope someone out there is enjoying this..I know it takes a while to get going so I wil keep trying, eh...I certainly want to thank my faithful followers thus far... as I have said...I really appreciate you girls...
Take care and have a good week.  Remember to put God in the centre of your homes....

6 comments:

  1. Oh Faye! Bahahahahaha Bahahahaha THat is such a good idea about the socks on the hands, Emma is going to love that, she likes to help mommy clean. Especially when I mop, she has her own little mop too and when I mop she has to as well, but she not only does the floor but the furniture too...lol. Atleast it is all clean and a little wet. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you Faye! How great to be able to follow you on 2 blogs!
    'Be not weary in well doing for in due season ye shall reap if ye faint not'
    Keep at it as you always encourage me!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Faye, I am so glad you posted your new blog on your previous blog, otherwise I wouldn't have found it. I shall enjoy following you here too!
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU SO MUCH GIRLS FOR FOLLOWING... I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH. A WORK IN PROGRESS BUT WE WILL SEE HOW IT GOES WITH THE LORD'S HELP, EH?
    HUGS...
    FAYE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye, I'll have to try the sock trick- I have a whole basket of odds to choose from. I think the kids will fall for it until they realize that it's work (sometimes they don't like to work). I'll have to try the rice sometime too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evening Faye...what a wonderful blog...I love this recipe and will try my hand at it!
    Thanks so much.
    I'll have to eat it myself because my husband doesn't care for anything rice...more for me! lol
    Karen

    ReplyDelete