Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Homemade Cough Syrup from the by gone days....


Hello everyone..
Another rainy but warm evening here..It has been a busy week so I am kind of slow in the posting department..
I thought I would tell you about a recipe that I picked up at Kings Landing last week..
It is for Homemade Cough Syrup..
The lady of the house was making it while we were visiting..
It is very easy to do and I couldn't wait to pick some white pine needles and give it a try..

Of course, I don't need any right now, thank the Lord  but when I do it will be ready.. smile..
You just take some white pine needles and pound them with a wooden tool on a bread board ...
Then place them in a covered jar with honey..
I believe she said 1/3 needles to 2/3 honey...

Now, that was her recipe but I think I would place some of it in a cup of boiling water with some lemon juice and sip away..
What do you think? 
If a person didn't want to use the pharmacy stuff this would make a wonderful substitute, I think...

Hope you are all having a great week and thanks for dropping by..
Welcome to the new followers and God bless...


LINKED TO HOMESTEAD BARN HOP

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful home remedy, Faye... lets hope you don't have to use it anytime soon! *grin*
    I usually make some herbal tea and put honey and lemon in it... I don't know that it really helps the cough to go away but it sure sooths my throat.
    Hope you have a wonderful night, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faye, I wonder what they shelf life of this would be? It sounds wonderful, I have lots of pine here in my yard. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful remedy Faye! Hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great....just not sure where I would find white pine needles...could I use a substitute?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say that this is much better than anything you could buy at the store. Thanks for the heads up. Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like that would do the trick all right.
    I have been seeing a few commercials for 'natural' cough syrup recently. Maybe folks are getting a little more concerned with the chemicals and junk in stuff?!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sound as if your busy Faye. Great idea. I love any recipe that uses honey :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, well then... I wonder if your recipe tastes anything like Buckleys? I love their slogan... it tastes awful and it works... how true... Let us know when you use it, k?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello. :) This would definitely be worth a try!

    ReplyDelete