Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Getting a Country Bedroom ready for Company

Hello everyone...
Today is Tuesday and tomorrow we are having company... My sweet cousin Valerie is coming to stay for a couple of days.  She is one of my cousins from St. Martins on my Mom's side of the family.. 
We are going to have a crafting party... We both love prim crafts and when we chat on the phone we say that we could go on for days...
Today, I made sure her bedroom was already for her...
This is one of our spare rooms and I thought she might like it best.  I changed the bed... There was a kind of flannel heavy quilt so I put a lighter one on...
A little lavender in the bedding just so it smells nice ... Gram always kept a bunch of tied lavender in her linen closet.. hmmmm... I wonder if Val knows that. 
She lived there at the end of the Gram's lane..
We lived 2 hours away and only went down a few times a year and usually stayed for a couple of nights...The sheets always smelled so wonderful....  The smell of lavender always reminds me of Gram...
Then I put some magazines and books out on the window seat and made sure there was a  jug ready for a middle of the night drink...I will fill that up later...  
Then I made sure there was a clock and stocked the bath with toiletries that Terry gets from the hotels when he is away..
Don't you find that they are so nice for guests?

Oh, I also placed a couple of bunnies around to decorate for the season..
I know Easter is about a lot more than bunnies but I do like a few around...
So, my dears I will get back to you and let you know all the fun things we end up doing.... (if the Lord wills)
She is going to try and teach me a couple of new craft things...

Thanks so much for stopping by and I love your little comments.
Have yourselves a lovely day....
God bless...
I wonder what I should make for supper....smile.... 

9 comments:

  1. Can we stay to, the room looks lovely. I love the smell of lavendar I have English lavendar growing in my garden and I like to harvest it and put in saches and keep it in my closet and dresser drawers. Lovely photos. Hope there will be lots of pics of you guys . Have a wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely..I would love to be your guest..Can't wait to see all the crafts you make with your dear cousin. What fun.
    Hugs Granny Trace
    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice prim bedroom! And so nice of you to ready it like that for her. When can I book MY visit? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is lovely and welcoming! Have fun!

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your guest room looks so cozy and inviting. I'm sure your cousin will love it. I can't wait to see what crafty things you create! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray you will have a wonderful visit. Your guest room looks so nice. We don't have a guest room so when Dave, Jess, and boys come for a visit (oldest daughter and family) we have an old futon we pull out for Jess and Daniel (her oldest boy age 3). Sam sleeps in his play pen and David (her husband) gets the couch. Maybe I should tell Hubby we need a guest room especially with baby #3 on the way. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely room! A bit of lavender makes everything sweeter don't you think?

    A bonus for checking in on you today is one of my favorite Chris Tomlin's songs...How Great is Our God. Thanks for little blessing!

    Have a fun visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo... do I sense a crafting day with Val at an upcoming Keepers meeting??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cozy bedroom, Faye... I'm sure Miss Valerie will feel right at home!
    And I love your little bunnies.
    Have fun visiting! (And crafting!)

    ReplyDelete