Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

No knead Herb Bread Recipe and blog hop

Hello...
Thought you might like this lovely bread recipe to try out over the weekend... perhaps.....
This is one of our favorites to have with chicken or pork..
It has kind of stuffing flavors... poultry seasoning  and such..
It is a no knead recipe which I love as you have no doubt figured out from reading the blog...
I do have a bread machine but I take spirts in using it...
I have not used it for ages... Going through a no knead phase, I guess... smile...  
Terry and I just don't eat much bread anymore so for me to knead up a batch just seems like more bother than it is worth.  Especially, when it is so easy just to make 1 loaf....

Here is the recipe...

NO KNEAD HERB BREAD..
 In a large bowl place:
1 envelope of yeast
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon parsley
1 3/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
Then add 1 1/4 cups warm water which has 2 Tablespoons butter melted in it.. (make sure your water is only lukewarm.)
Stir this together well and add 3 cups of flour  -  1 cup at a time.
Mix well and  let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
Make a topping  1 well beaten egg.
Place bread in greased bread pan or casserole dish.
Brush egg on top and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. celery seeds.
Let rise... Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes...
Hope you enjoy this recipe...
Very easy to make...
And tastes good...


Have a God blessed weekend everyone..
Hugs...

10 comments:

  1. Yummy! Looks delicious - I will put it on my list of goodies to bake. I especially love making bread - there is something very satisfying about it, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh~ I will definitely try this recipe, Faye.... it looks delicious. I love making bread and the easier the better for me!
    Thanks for the links, I will check those out.
    Hope you have a wonderful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made your cinnamon raisin bread again last night ~ love that it is so simple. This looks like another wonderful recipe! Thank you for sharing your recipes with us!

    Blessings for your weekend!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I will definitely be trying it out soon. It sounds delicious. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummo..love all your no knead bread recipes.
    thanks for sharing.
    Granny Trace
    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does sound like a great bread. I just don't know about the no kneading. That's one of the things I love about making bread.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely looks yummy! I'll be trying this recipe. No knead sure sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wrote the recipe down....thanks for sharing. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Bread. OOo I'm gonna have to try this. We love bread at our house & your recipe sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete