Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

ABOUT MY DAD.....

Hello everyone..
Tomorrow is Father's Day and I just wanted to thank God for  the wonderful father that he blessed me with.. 
I was 35 when he was suddenly called home to be with the Lord but it seems like yesterday..I still miss him..
My last birthday made me the same age as he was when he was taken.. 
He was a dear Dad and I loved him.. He was one of my best friends... So much fun but most of all he led me to the best friend I will ever have... My Lord Jesus.. 

My Dad had a remarkable testimony.. 
Born into a family of 14 children and needing to leave school when he was only a child.. He worked hard and played hard. 
He met my Mom here in St. Martins when he was only 19.  He was working for my grandfather logging near here and met her at a dance.. They married the following year and moved back home... 
My Dad loved to party and booze and fight..
Then one day he got very sick and went to the hospital with a ruptured appendix..... 
They rushed Mom and I (only a baby) in to see him and to say good bye.. But that night all alone he prayed for the first time in his life that God would heal him... He told the Lord that he would serve Him if he would touch his body.. 
 Dad's first miracle happened.. He got well.. But.. he forgot all about his promise... 
Then one rainy night several years later (I was 5)  a knock came to our door .... An old friend of my father's came to tell him how the Lord Jesus had saved him... A life that was much like my Dad's... working and living a life without God and without hope.. 
When my Dad went to bed that night he later told us that he remembered the promise he had made that other night several years ago... 
Lying in bed he asked God to forgive him for forgetting his promise  and to lead him where He wanted him to go.. 
I remember the round of churches we started doing... 
But one night when we went to a wee country church the Lord made His presence felt to my Dad... 
He knew this is what he was looking for... 
I remember as a small child sitting on the back seat with my Mom and my Dad's brothers as my father went forward and gave his life to Christ... 
What a difference there was in our house... 
Daddy now loved the Lord... 
No more drinking or parties or fights... 
Just love and joy and peace.. 
Today, I am so thankful for a Dad who loved Jesus and who put Him first in his life and our family...
I have the dearest memory any little girl can have of waking many times in the early morning and hearing her Daddy praying and asking Jesus to look after his little girls that day... 
My Dad received the gift of Faith.. So many times I saw the miraculous in his life... Many healings and needs met.. We were a poor family but God always provided..  I knew at a very young age that God was genuine.. And that He loved me and that all I had to do was mention His Name and He was present in my life..
I am so thankful for Dad's example to us..
And tonight... he is absent from his body but he is present with the Lord...And someday we will join him .. 
There are many more of us now than when he was here last.. 
Great grandchildren that are following in his footsteps and putting Jesus first in their lives...

Thank you, Jesus... 
And yes Daddy... I still love Him, too...  


Thanks for dropping by....
Have a blessed weekend..

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet post about your dad! What a lucky girl you were.
    Hugs Friend
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faye, ,Tears are pouring as I read the sweet and touching tribute to your Dad. So similar to my own Dad's testimony. Daddy was raised in a druckerds home and he has told how God dealt with him and he fell down on his needs a pauper and got up a millionaire in Christ Jesus. He was an old fashion Baptist Preacher
    and pastored until his health prevented him from doing so. Both of us are so blessed to be brought up believing in God and knowing we will be reunited with our fathers one day soon. Thank you for sharing your story and may God Bless you this weekend.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so sincere (and heart rendering) to open your soul and speak of you wonderful Dad. What memories you have that can be passed from generation to generation. Faye, Have you ever thought of putting your blog posts into a book? I have heard of several people doing that. Just a thought.

    I know your Dad is singing your praises and I am sure he will be with you, in his own way, tomorrow.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely post ! I lost my dad 15 years ago , before he passed I had found I was pregnant with my second child , For every one that passes theres one born ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to remember the good. Am very thankful to read your Dad's story. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice tribute to your Dad. His testimony is one I think many of us can relate to. You were blessed to grow up knowing the Genuine Jesus...me too, we both came to that thru "broken" Dads. Thanks for sharing. Blessings from Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faye~ this was such a beautiful story... what wonderful memories of your daddy!
    I couldn't help but to shed a tear or two as I pictured it in my mind... Hope you're having a good week, dear.

    ReplyDelete