Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

A weekend in Maine...

Hello my dears...
Just wanted to share a few pics with you of a little trip a friend and I took this past weekend..
We went down to Maine to do a bit of shopping and had a great time.   On the way home we took a different route so we could visit a huge antique barn.. I forgot to take a pic but it was huge...
It was full to the brim with antiques and books.. Lovely..
I didn't buy much but enjoyed looking.  Then we came across this goat farm...

There were lots of chickens and goats... smile...


They were so friendly...

Lots of babies...Just born the day before...


There were 2 speckled ones...


The farmer says there are over 40 goats... 
 I wanted to bring one or two home with me... grin..
They are missing me already... smile..
Come back now... ya hear????
That was so much fun:-) 
We sampled all kinds of goat cheeses ...
We both brought home cheese- dill, garlic and chives and dried tomato and basil.. Delicious.. one piece of  fudge and lovely goat soaps..
Lavender was my choice.. 
The nice farmer even gave us some crackers and cheese to snack on in the car... smile..
Folks are so kind... 


Aren't these beautiful?

And the gorgeous lupins... wild flowers ..


In Augusta we came across this wonderful primitive shop...
It gave me such incentive to get mine open this weekend..
Please Lord..
We had planned on opening last weekend but who can turn down a fun trip with a friend...eh?
I thought this was interesting...
A cobalt blue bottle tree and a homemade gazebo from alder bushes... I would love one of them...

That is all for today sweet ladies... I sewed today...
tea trivets, candle mats, pillows and a heart garland for the shop.
We are planning on going to the cottage in a day or so and get ready for the weekend...

Thanks for dropping by and as always I enjoy your comments..
Welcome to all you new girls.. It is nice to have you aboard..

God is so faithful and I appreciate His goodness this day...
BLESSINGS...


16 comments:

  1. What great pictures. It is cute to see baby goats. Ours are already growing up too fast.

    Have a great evening.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that sounds like my kinda trip!
    Glad you had so much fun!
    Praying too that you are all ready for St Martins in Sat.!
    Blessings
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos ! Looks like a fun trip , My kind of trip ! Have a wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Faye... I've missed you so! Sounds like you've been plotting how to get goats in the trunk of your car without your dear hubby knowing... *giggle*
    Love the Saltbox prim place, is that what you sell in your shop?
    I'm finally out of the hayfield (Praise the Lord) so I can get caught up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those goats are wonderful! Glad you had a great time. I can't wait to see your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a wonderful trip, nothing like time spent with good friends, including here on your blogs with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful for sharing your trip. I would love to make a trip like that. What is the bush with all the big, round purple blossoms, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to know also about the bush with the purple blossoms, how beautiful. I have never been to Maine, it looks like I would like it from your pictures. Best wishes for you shop opening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faye,

    Oh, you had lots of fun :) :) I love goat milk soap. It's nice on the skin. I also like drinking goat's milk, too. I'm glad you came home with some fun memories, photos and souvenirs :) :)

    Have a great week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! The pictures are wonderful.
    I love goats and hope to one day have one of my own. I would love to make cheese and soap. I sure missed you friend!
    Dreamin
    Granny Trace
    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi everyone.. The bush is rhodendrum... There are a lot in Miane and the Maritime provinces here in Canada... That one was just so loaded..
    They come in many colors and some people have three or four different colors across the front of their lawns.....I hear that they love pine needle mulch...
    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish I could have "tagged" along, looks like fun! Love the primitive shop. I always want the outside of my shop or studio to look that cute!!! Unfortunately, I usually sell the cute stuff...isn't that how it always goes! Blessing from Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Fay!
    What a lovely trip...and that prim shop oh my goodness how beautiful is that building. The goodies inside must have matched!

    Oh such cute goats and your choice of soap was what I would have chose too...I buy anything Lavendar.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Faye :) Love LOVE all the pictures! What a great trip! I would so love to make a trip to ME!
    Have a happy week♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, so that's where you disappeared too -LOL! Sounds like it was a good time!! I would so love to to to Maine again some day!
    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun weekend. I love hearing how much you enjoyed the goats and the dairy. I'm making all kinds of goat milk soap right now. Just finished lavender and buttermilk castile. Good luck with your shop this weekend.

    ReplyDelete