Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Apple Blossom Jelly and forget-me-nots.....

Hello everyone... Happy Friday to you all..
Yesterday we went down to our cottage.  We were working to  get it ready for us to move in to for the next several months..Also we had  to take a car load of stuff to the shop.. 
Quilts, old dishes, lace and linens, prim dolls, pin cushions, hot trivets, salves, salts and other homemade goodies..
 Whew... will I be glad when it is finished and we can open... .
Anyway.... 
The forget-me-nots were having a party... smile...

I couldn't resist taking a few pics of them..
I love all flowers but these are one of my favs...

We have blue ones of course but also some pink and white ones..

One lone dandelion crashed the party...grin...
Can you spot it?

The last time I did a post I mentioned I was planning on making some APPLE BLOSSOM JELLY...
Well, last night when I got back I finished it up...
I had just put the tea in a mason jar in the fridge for the day until I got back home..
It is lovely.. I can't get over how good it tastes..
Kind of like apple jelly but finer... if you know what I mean..
Terry and I picked them on a really windy day.. I held the bag ..smile.. and he tried to put them in..
It took quite a few...
Then you have to sort out the leaves and stuff and rinse them..


Here is the recipe...
APPLE BLOSSOM JELLY...
4 cups of apple blossoms
4 cups of boiling water
Pour the boiling water over the blossoms to make a tea..
Let this sit overnight...
Strain next day through a sieve lined with a coffee filter..
I had to squeeze the tea out of this to get 4 cups..
You can add up to a 1/2 cup of water, if needed..
Put this tea into a large pot and add:
8 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of lemon juice..
Bring to a full rolling boil and boil for several minutes.
Add 2 packages of liquid certo and stir..
Bring to another rolling boil
take off the heat ..
Stir and skim for a couple of minutes.
Place in jars and seal....

Doesn't it look nice?
I so love making anything different.. especially when it turns out so well..
See the big bottle on the side?
That is for our Keepers of the Home meeting tomorrow..
More about what is in the bottle next week..smile..

If you live here in Eastern Canada our apple blossoms are at their
best.. so beautiful..
I picked another bag of dandelions yesterday to make my third batch of jelly today..
I will try and tell you about that later, too..
As I was saying our meeting is tomorrow morning at 9 am in Sussex..
Everyone is welcome..
We are to have a GREEN  Day ???

May God bless you .. ..
Remember there is power in prayer...
Love to you all...

This posting is linked to:


JOIN US EVERY MONDAY

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pictures Friend!!
    I love the forget me nots..Heavenly jelly too.
    Can't wait to find out whats in the jar. :)
    Love In Him
    Granny Trace
    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of apple blossom jelly, but it looks beautiful. I love forget-me-nots too and yours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos Faye! I LOVE the one with the tricycle. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos ! I to love the photo with the tricycle ! It all looks soo good , never tryed this jelly but I would love to one day ! Have a wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures. I love how you set up the pictures with the tricycle and the step stool. The jelly looks great.

    Have a great day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love forget me nots too, they are so delicate and pretty:) the apple blossom jelly looks wonderful, like a jewel sparkling in the sun! Have a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you make the coolest things. Our blossoms are long gone but I want to remember it for next year. I wonder could you do this with any blossoms, peach, pear, blackberry. Just curious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. The flowers are beautiful. So bright and cheerful. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just lovely! Looking forward to more of your sharing. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now you have me guessing! What is in that jar?? I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Never heard of that before. Bet its yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh lovely lovely. i make apple jelly, but am too mean to pick the apple blossoms. I have a lovely dandelion marmalade recipe which I must try. Gorgeous forget me not pictures. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The flowers are just beautiful, even the lone dandelion! That jelly is so nice and clear. I bet it is just delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Inviting you the Carnival of Home Preserving on my blog today and every Friday. Hope to see you there. Laura Williams’ Musings http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete