Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Make a Mint Chandelier..


How are you all doing?  Another lovely day here.. So thankful as we have had so much rain... I am not complaining but it is nice to see the sun and to accomplish a few little gardening chores... smile..
I was wondering if you would like to see my newest outside HERB project...grin.. Are you all getting tired of my herb expose?
Tomorrow is Friday so I am almost finished... ok?
I found this idea on the web last year and wrote it down in my idea notebook... Do you have one of those.. Shonda (our daughter) wants me to will it to her... smile..
I have a nice big thick one and as I come across an idea I write it down for future reference... Anyway.. I saw this on Martha's blog and loved it...
A Mint Chandelier... 
Terry wired these three containers together that I picked up at a shop ...

The Christmas Tree Shop actually for a dollar each, I think.
You can use old sap cans or even coffee cans...Whatever turns your crank... grin...
He just wired them together but made a wire handle also...
He needed to use a drill to make the holes but if I were desperate I would try poking a hole with a hammer and nail... grin...
Then you plant the three different mints that you can pick up at the garden shop or repot from your own.,.

You can use any mints you like...
Peppermint, raspberry, lemon or whatever...

Then use a S hook or however you like to hang it...


This is not as nice as Martha's but it will fill out over the summer...

Then you make all kinds of lovely drinks ...
Hot or Cold..
This is a sun tea that I found on THIS INFORMATIVE BLOG..


I used lemon mint and a bit of lavender...


She has all kinds of recipes for syrups and teas...
It will be fun experimenting with this and trying  out the lemonades on our grandsons....
Or maybe Shonda or Janelle will be out for a nice cuppa... 
Let me know if you try any of these and like them... 

I thought I would give you another wee look at the shop... 
Primitive stars... People are still buying them, I think...I hope..


Thank you so much for stopping by and welcome to all the new followers... So glad to meet you all and your comments are a delight to my heart...
I have a couple more ideas for you tomorrow...
Until then...
Love and Prayers
Faye..






13 comments:

  1. I just love my mint tea I have several diffrent mints grownig however they are not doing too hot this year.

    www.ourjoyfulliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your herb expose ! Cute idea for the mint!Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never getting tired of your "herb expose"! It is fun reading all of your ideas. Pictures are great, too. I can not wait until tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea, especially since mint grows out of control in the garden. I like the idea of keeping them contained in a pot. I have spearmint, orange mint, and chocolate mint growing this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love this, and the tea idea too, I will definitely have to try. :) Love your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute mint chandelier idea. I don't have an idea book, but I'm going to create one. I think it's a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your chandelier is sweet! I desperately need to get my herb pot going this year- I seem to be a bit slow...
    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stars.... :-)
    Do you ship abroad :-) ? ? ?
    Going to have to have more pics of that perfect shop :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this! We have Christmas Tree Shops here too...Love the containers you chose...and the teas look delicious.
    thanks for linking for farmgirl friday!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Faye,

    I really like this mint chandellier. How cool and creative ;) :) does it attract or repel insects? It's just a random question. We don't have a huge problem with that where I live...but bees, they sure love to buzz around here in summer. There are too many irresistible flowers and such :) :) Have a lovely weekend :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the cutest idea for the mints! I have three or four types of mint in my garden. It would be fun to put them in a chandelier like this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet idea! Visiting from Homestead Revival and am enjoying my stay! : )

    ~Be well~
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I think thy turned out so cute. And considering that I won an herb business, I NEVER tire of hearing about herbs! LOL Thank you for joining TTF (I'm so sorry I am late visting!) I hope yu are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete