Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Romantic Cottage Life... smile...


Good Evening dear ladies...
Here I am at the cottage with Internet, telephone and all..
I only called the telephone company this morning from home and by the time we arrived here a few hours later everything was connected...
That was lovely...

Doesn't it sound so romantic?  
 Spending your summer at a cottage on the shore of the most beautiful bay in the world..  The Bay of Fundy is gorgeous... Honest..  
Anyway.. back to my story...
 As I was saying it all sounds so wonderful...And it is... 
 It is just that there is so much that one has to do to get to that point... smile..
First ... you have to pack ... clothes, food, toiletries, electronics, slow cooker and potato baker and special knives... grin.. oh, and my blender- chopper thing...
Then you have to bring all kinds of stuff for the shop...
Right?
Then when we get here we have to unload the car.. It is amazing how much you can get in a Beetle... grin...
We bring it all in and put it  in the kitchen and dining room...
Terry turns on the pump.... (which he had worked on for a couple of days last week trying to get it working right ) the water is still kind of brownish... And the pump is not turning off quite right..
The poor dear had to work on that while I go and put the electric blanket on the bed so it can be nice and dry for tonight..
Terry gets the pump working good but we do not turn on the water heater until tomorrow because the water needs to clear... This happens every year so we are not worried.. Actually, the water is almost clear already...
Then ... I notice there is a lot of water under the sink...
GREAT:-) 
The poor guy discovers we need a new piece for the sink..
He goes up to the hardware store and 20 dollars later he has the piece.
He gets that all fixed while I am putting groceries away...
Then he goes out to mow the lawns as they are a foot high since last week...
He gets a bit done and the mower breaks..
GREAT:-)   I am now looking around for a TV camera...
It has got to be Candid Camera.... giggle...
Oh well... we might as well laugh... Alright.. to be honest.. No one is laughing... smile...
Actually he is a tad bit grouchy .... Me.. I am my most angelic self...  smile...
Who am I kidding??? 
Well... to make a long story short.... Everything got fixed..
God is so good to us... I am so blessed to have a (grouchy) smile .. husband who can fix almost anything.. Thank you, Jesus..
The lawns got mowed... Most everything got put away..
There are lovely lavender smelling sheets on our warm bed...
Supper was delicious...
Oh... I know it was just hot dogs.. smile.. They sure tasted good, though.... 
And as for me..
Here I am sitting out on the deck in my PJ's and feeling the lovely wind on my face...
I couldn't hear any waves but the flag was blowing...
I could smell the lilacs.. 
Can you see the white ones up by the flag?
Looking around I notice so much to do.. 

 
The flower pots all need to be filled and Terry needs to give the old barn a lick of paint sometime this summer...
Oh well.. stuff will get done.. It always does... 
Come on in and have a hot cup of tea with me before we wind down for the evening...

This really is a cozy old house once everything gets situated.. grin..
And POOR SAMMI... He is as tuckered as the rest of us...

He gets kind of confused when we are here... At home he can go out whenever he likes and go free...
Here he has to stay in the yard and we don't like to let him out without us... The inn next door has guests who may not like him as much as we do... smile..
We all adjust in a few days...
Terry is happy now too... grin..
The hockey game is on and it is the last one..
My cousin Brad plays for Boston but then Vancouver is Canadian ...
So either way it will be ok... grin..
Don't tell my relatives that I said that... I really do want Boston to win... wink wink...
Well, my dear friends I need to go to bed.. I have so much to do tomorrow to make sure I can open the shop by the weekend and get this place feeling good again..
Hey.. my sweet cousin Brad just got a goal!!!
Way to go dear boy....
I think Boston is going to win.... grin....

Take care of yourselves... 
God is good...
Love to you all...

12 comments:

  1. Faye, Sorry for the minor mishaps but so glad you got them all fixed. You can rest tonight knowing all is well. Your cottage sounds like such a neat place. Would love to be sitting in the breeze on your deck. Hoping you take pictures of the shop before all your customers arrive this weekend. Oh, is it cold there? I read about the electric blanket for the bed? just wondering. Have a wonderful evening,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faye- it does sound like a lot of work but... when it is all done it will be so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can gear the joy in your post, Faye! In spite of the hiccups, you really are glad to be back, HOME! That is romantic! (Even with an electric blanket on the bed!!LOL!)
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi girls.. thanks for commenting... NO.. it is not cold here but this old house has been empty since last Fall. We didn't put any heat on until last week and left it but I always want to be sure there is no dampness... My old bones, you know..
    Actually, I had my window up all night and the waves were lovely to hear..
    Now for my coffee... See ya...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like real life to me Faye..
    Crazy and romantic all in one..But you are blessed you and your hubbie are together. I tell that to my man at times of grouchie..:)
    Dont think he always gets it..hehe
    Hugs to you Friend
    Granny Trace
    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so nice! I wish I could hear waves while I sleep. All I hear are roosters when I wake. Faye, I know all about the "work." Some of my customers will say "you are so lucky to have this...(whatever they think this is) shop on your farm" "it must be so much fun." I bet you hear that too. Blessed, yes, lucky...sometimes....WORK - yes! My husband helps me ALOT too. I couldn't do the things I want to do if he didn't! Wish I could come to your cottage - at least take LOTS of pictures, so those of us "stuck" at home can dream! Blessings from Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you will be all settled in and cozy soon. May your upcoming busy days be productive and yet filled with sweet joys and quiet moments too.

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that hurricane lamp in the window...it just says welcome, and Home....I am enjoying my stay at your beautiful cottage...and the sheets...smell heavenly... ( SMILE ).....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures. Isn't is great when our husbands can fix things? I appreciate that my husband can fix most things around our place.

    I look forward to reading more. Have a great day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a wonderful time at the cottage this summer. You're so lucky to have a place to get away to. It's nice to have a change like that!

    Hugs
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like quite a time you had! Glad you're there and getting settled in. Doesn't seem like long ago that I was there for your fall open house- time flies when you're having fun (or when you've lost your mind- LOL) :)
    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds so sweet and wonderful Faye.... "busyness", but in a good way~ I'll bet no one had to rock you to sleep! *grin*

    ReplyDelete