Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Planning my week...


Hello my friends... 

Here it is Monday evening again.. 
The weeks are flying by aren't they?
  
We woke up to another lovely sunny day here in Eastern Canada.. 


They forecast a bit of snow for later on in the week but for now Terry is working on our patio.. 
It has been there for several years and needs some care and attention.. I am just so happy to get it on the go... smile..

My geraniums on the window sill will soon be replanted and taken down to the cottage..

 They fared pretty good over the winter but will really thrive once they are repotted.
I think perhaps that should wait  for several weeks yet..
We usually have frost until June..

This pic of the cottage was taken last year but it looks the same ... 

We don't have any leaves out yet.. 
Just some pussy willows and snow drops and such..

We hope to go down to St. Martins later on in the week.. 
 We need to start getting it ready.  Terry will hook up the water and turn up the heat.. smile.. 

I want to go over to the shop ...


This is our wee shop..
 Can you see out cottage there behind it.. 
The roof and windows?  
I have a secret path to the shop that my friend Janelle made for me... We call it Nellie's Way..  
If you have been reading my blog since last year then you know all this stuff.. 
Sorry, but there are some new followers... smile..

I want to take down the covers on the windows at the shop and start sorting and rearranging..
 Try to get inspired, I guess. 


Did you see this idea on Pinterest?  
When you buy your green onions just cut the bottoms off and stick them in a glass of water ..

They just keep on growing.. 
My other herbs are looking the worst for wear as I keep snipping them to put in our food.. 

Like this Quinoa Salad I made today for lunch..


It is so good.. 
Just cook up a 1/2 cup of quinoa in 1 cup of chicken broth for 15 minutes.. Cool... 
Add fresh chopped veggies.. 
tomatoes, cukes, green pepper, red onion and such.. 
Then add some fresh chopped herbs like parsley and basil and a homemade vinaigrette... 
salt and pepper.. 
This is low in calories and one of the best grains you can eat..


We are planning on a Keepers of the Home meeting this Saturday.. 
We will be working on our journals and hopefully learning a few new things.. smile.. 
If you live in our area we would love to have you..
Just email me... keepersofthehome@hotmail.com 


We had a baptism at church last night.. 
It is so wonderful when a soul gives their heart to the Lord and is baptized in His lovely Name.. 

This lad has done a complete turn around.. 
He is well known for his activities before the Lord saved him and folks find it hard to believe what Jesus has done in his life..

I remember that glorious feeling of coming up out of the water knowing that my sins were washed away .. 
I began a new life... 

Have you heard the song??

Jesus saves... He still does.. 
He will make of you someone new...
Cleanse the sin that was.. 
The Holy Spirit whispers.. 
No more must you be enslaved 
Just believe it... Jesus saves..

We talk of heaven's beauty and that's good
We talk of loving others and we should.. 
But to a dying world the greatest thing that we can say
Is.. Take a look at Calvary.. Jesus saves.. 

He is coming soon... 

I just needed to share this with you today... 
Take care dear hearts and thanks for dropping by.. 
I always look forward to your sweet comments..

Love and Prayers..

LINKED TO....INSPIRE ME FRIDAYS





23 comments:

  1. Good evening Faye. Love the pics. of your cottage. What a neat place. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post and photos . I love the big window you have over your kitchen sink ! Have a wonderful evening Faye !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your country kitchen window with the geraniums Faye! Your cottage looks wonderful and full of old character. How nice you can take the secret path to your shop. :) I bought some quinoa and haven't tried it yet. Thank you for the recipe! Enjoy the rest of this special week of Easter! Hugs, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful home and a perfect big window for plants. What kind of soap do you use at your sink? It looks like what I use! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That salad looks so delicious, Faye. Your gift shop and cottage are so lovely and home-y. I would love to visit one day. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really makes my heart so happy to hear about the young man who has dedicated his life to Jesus :) :)

    Your home/shop are really cute. We've had rain this week, and it's been such a blessing. We need more rain :)

    Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful post..love your cottage and shoppe..do you sell things there? or is it a studio to craft..and that salad looks so good..Quinoa is my new favorite grain..and good for my kidneys too;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Faye,

    I just love your cottage and shop. :)I wish I lived close so I can visit you there.

    Your pictures are great and your salad looks yummy. I don't think I have heard of Quinoa before.

    That is a lovely song. :) I love to go to baptisms. It is such an important step in a persons life. I still remember the first thing I said coming up out of the water..." I can't see" lol. The water was in my eyes and I was nervous about it I think. I don't swim so I haven't really been in that way before. I was about 19 or 20 years old at the time. Just a kid. :)

    How ironic were those words. Is that the word I want? Now I DO see. Like in Amazing Grace..was blind but now I see. :) It is wonderful to know, see and understand the power of the Lord's Atonement. To know with all your heart the love that He has for you and for everyone. And that you are a child of God. What a wonderful thing.

    Take care my friend, Janet W ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shop looks so lovely and cosy Faye, it must be a special place to visit...it's not surprising you look forwward to going there :) I love baptisms too, Jesus can turn people's lives around like nothing and no-one else. So good to hear what He is doing in your Church! I believe we have some baptisms this week, such a great time for them! Enjoy your week, and your Keepers meeting :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. AW Faye, what a lovely post. Food for the eyes, the tummy and the Soul - what more can you ask? I agree completely about the Wonder of Jesus' love and am lately coming to realize the MAGNITUDE of it more and more. It makes me happy! - and you wouldn't need to be a detective to see that it does you too!
    Have a great meeting. We are all there in spirit
    ((Hugs))
    xxx H
    Love the look of your cottage and shop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post Faye Henry!
    I just was introduced to quinoa from Gina. Very good.
    I will try the lovely salad. I too love your big window with geraniums.
    They are my fav. They so remind me of my precious Gram. She grew them all year indoors too.
    Love & JOy
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful testimony to the Lord that He changes lives. Lovely pictures. I didn't know that about green onions.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always bring us RIGHT INTO YOUR WORLD with your words...I'm feel right there by you when I read your posts.
    The salad sounds wonderful but I will have to find out what Quinoa is first before I can make it...not sure what I would be looking for.
    Your shop looks very sad - it is waiting for you!
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Faye!
    Don't you just love how Spring fever hits and gets us inspired to make changes, and get projects done?!

    Love your cottage, and shop and I'm so excited for you to get it open and begin a new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Faye, I remember the wonderful feeling of coming out the water after being baptized in Jesus Name - completely forgiven and completely clean. What a wonderful savior - who as you know, fills us with His spirit - with the evidence of speaking in tongues. NOTHING compares to that experience! Blessings from Ringle, WI.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so nice to see the sunny photo of your kitchen. Your cottage is lovely, it looks larger than our house. Your shop is so sweet! I want to visit it once you get it open, so badly, I can't hardly stand it!
    The quinoa salad looks wonderful! I have to make that one today, it will go perfectly with barbecued sausage, my hubby loves sausage and he's always so happy when I cook it up for him. Thanks for the recipe.
    Love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me again, I forgot to comment on the baptism, that is SO exciting, to see a new born babe in Christ is the most thrilling thing in all the world, isn't it!!! Especially a notorious one. Praise GOD!!!
    More love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your big window in the kitchen! How wonderful it must be to look outside while working in the kitchen. It was nice reading these things b/c I'm a newer follower and didn't know any of it. So thankful for the young man who was baptized. Awesome! Thankful for God's mercy and salvation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so happy to hear about the young man being baptized. God is so good. My dad was one of the biggest and meanest drunks that ever walked Prater Creek. 4 years before he died he accepted Christ as his Savior. He was a COMPLETELY different man. I KNOW God changes lives. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pictures! I am glad I am one of those "new readers". You are Blessing me that is for sure!
    It is just beautiful here in Cedar Rapids, IA - flowers blooming, trees "popping out with leaves and blooms, grass needs mowing, etc. Soon hubby will be planting a small garden for us.
    I am glad you shared those words on that song - so true.
    Now, it's time for me to "plan my week"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Faye a wonderful post! Love your big window and flowers. The salad sounds yummy and I will have to give it a try.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your kitchen is so pretty, I love the big long window over the sink with the wide sill to hold all those natural lovelies....I should like it..in my kitchen.
    someday. Have a blessed Easter dear friend.....

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello dear Faye! I'm trying to get around to visit with everyone again. How wonderful about the baptism; another name added to the Lamb's book of life! I would send you some of our warm temps and sunshine if I could! It was in the 80's again today. My tomatoes growing on the front porch have put on blooms.

    ReplyDelete