Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Biscuits..anyone??


Hello friends...Just a short post this morning... It is a busy day here at home.  My husband and I are going to visit our youngest son this afternoon.  He is not married and enjoys his mom's cooking.  Therefore,  I have made a couple things for him that he can heat up for himself this coming week.  His favorite is fried rice and some spaghetti sauce...  Also I made some biscuits and thought you girls might like the recipe....
My mom made the best biscuits in the world and I could not manage to get them to turn out like hers.   Until I found this recipe in a book at Chapters one day.. They always turn out well.  Here is the recipe...
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
Mix together 3 c.  sifted flour
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. cream of tarter
4 1/2 tsp. baking powder
Then cut in with a pastry blender or forks
3/4 c. cold shortening
In a large measure cup mix up
1 egg
1 c. milk
I use 1/c milk and 1/2 c cream
Make a hole in the middle of your dough and add the milk mixture,
Mix lightly with your fork and turn our on a floured space and knead 12 times.
Pat this out and lightly roll out with your rolling pin.
Cut out 12 biscuits with your cutter.

You will probably need to take leftover dough  from the first cutting to get 3 more biscuits.
Place on cookie sheet and cook in your preheated oven for 11 - 14 minutes.


There you have them.  I know you girls are busy but there are some things that are worth the extra 1/2 hour that it takes to do a simple task .  Someday down the road of life your child will remember the effort you put into some of these domestic chores. 
Tomorrow is  Sunday -  the Lord's Day..
Try  to use today to prepare for it.  Some little extras that you can do to make it easier to get everyone ready for church .

Well,   that is it for today... Have a lovely weekend..

Remember ...He loves you...
Hugs from me... 

5 comments:

  1. I was so excited about the blog, could hardly wait to see it and once again it is going to be exciting to see what it has in it each time.. you have a way with words and such a kindness about you that I love..I feel such love in the words you write, you can tell they come from your heart..

    Can hardly wait to try the biscuits, some day next week when my kitchen isn't in such chaos...well it is painted and boy is it bright..haha you will need sunglasses...

    enjoy your weekend, and yes He is good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faye,
    Found your new blog- I Love it! I'm a follower already!
    Love Ya!
    I'll be checking often!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband was saying the other day about if I knew how to make bisquits. THanks Faye, I will use this recipe and surprise him someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just copied down the recipe for the bisquits and I was going to make them, but then I remembered that my oven is not working.. But the guy is coming later to fix it so hopeful I will still be able to make some bisquits. Well I guess I tried...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye, You have an amazingly beautiful heart of love. God bless you and your family for a wonderful season of joy and a blessed and prosperous New Year! I keep coming back to see what God has put on your heart to we homemakers and I am always blessed by what he gives you. I have only followed your blog for about a year and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I live south of the Buffalo,NY area and right now we only have a little snow, roads are clear and today Christmas eve is my and my sweetheart of now 23 yrs. wedding anniversary! I have a slight cold and he has been the most amazingly attentive man ever but, he has been for these 23 years! God Bless - Sandy

    ReplyDelete