Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Looking out on a Frosty Morn....

Good Morning my dears...
It is a frosty morning here in Eastern Canada ..
For the last couple of days I have been down with a chest cold.. Ugh... I do not like being sick.. Especially when Fall is here and sooo much I would like to be doing.. Not housework.. Don't get confused.. grin..
Actually, I had planned on starting a bit of old fashioned fall housecleaning this week..
It started out okay but as the week has progressed I have been feeling worse ... But I am sure it will soon be over..
Anyway... I was up very early this morning.... 
And as I have not been doing so great posting I thought you might like to look out my early morning windows with me.. 
I did manage to get a load of clothes on the line yesterday but did not bring them in.. I was reading an old history book one day and read that if the old time housewives wanted to bleach their clothes or get stains out then they left them out over night.,,
I am afraid I was just forgot about mine.. smile..

Looking out my kitchen window... The hay fields are covered in frost....


Here we are looking out back at the hydrangea and apple trees..
This is our living room windows..
Frost everywhere...


And here we are looking out of the family room window at the front of the house...
Don't you love the old house across the street there?
Old Lucy Keith used to live there.. That is how everyone refers to her here... Our house is located in her apple orchard..
We did not grow up here in this village... Terry and I went to school together and were high school sweet hearts,, This little village is only 15 minutes from where we went to school ...Terry grew up on a farm just 10 minutes from here while I grew up in Salisbury where we went to school...
We did not know Lucy but have heard so much about her.. Her family built this house and we bought it from them..

See the frost...The hostas did well this year, too..
Well, dear ladies, I need to go and get something hot to drink..
Honey and lemon juice, I think..
Don't worry .. I already had my coffee and had a chat with my Lord... He is lovelier than this Fall morning... eh?
Look... the sun is up...

The view from where I am sitting writing to you all...
The leaves are turning...
Thanks for dropping by and welcome to the new followers of the blog.. So glad to have you...
Looking forward to hearing from you all...
God bless....

17 comments:

  1. Praying for you Dear Faye Henry!
    From the top of your head to the bottom of your toes
    on this frosty Fall morning.
    Blesssings Trace
    p.s loved the fall photos!

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon.
    It was nice to look out your windows with you this morning.Lovely photos You have a lovely property. It is cloudy here today and looks like it may rain, we have had beautiful weather for over a week now but we do need a drop of rain. Rest up my friend and have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Faye, I'm so sorry you're under the weather... hope you feel better soon.
    I love the beautiful views from your home... we've only had one good frost so far, but it was enough to start the leaves changing.
    Take care and rest yourself today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that you will feel better soon Faye! Your home looks like it is in such a beautiful area! I've suggested to my husband a couple times that we should think about moving to Canada : ) Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. No frost here yet, but heavy dew and a bit of rain yesterday. The photos are lovely. Praying for your healing, and better days that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The frost pictures are lovely. We had a light frost Sunday morning, but all is still well in the garden. I hope that you will feel better soon.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pics, looks so peaceful:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are beautiful! We have not had a frost here yet but we have had several mornings with a really heavy dew. I hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Morning to you, Faye! I hope you are back to yourself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're feeling better soon Faye. The photos of the frost are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Faye, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Rest up and lots of fluids!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Faye I am so sorry that you are not feeling well.I will be adding you to my prayer list.I really enjoyed sharing the frosty morn with you.Feel better soon!Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brrr! Looks cold out there. Lauryn always says that Jesus is the best doctor in the whole wide world and He knows how to make us feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to read about you not feeling well. Hope the lemon and honey help.
    Beautiful pictures. I love how the old house is still referred to by the original owners name. We've had lots and lots of old houses.... but they were never ours :) People always referred to our old houses by the original owners names.
    Makes me smile.
    Maybe one of these days, in 5o years or so, our house will be known as our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sure hoping you are feeling better soon...!

    Love to hear about what you do for fall works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I've so enjoyed visiting here and will definitely be back again. :o) I'll be adding you to my blog list. Like you said, it's great to find another Canadian blooger.

    I hope you're feeling better soon.

    Sandra
    Ravenhill Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blissfully beautiful views from your windows, Faye!
    Hoping your cold is lifting!
    Tried to leave a comment yesterday but ol'blogger was awkward again!
    Blessings
    Christine

    ReplyDelete