Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saying Good bye and Hello ...


Hello my dears.. 
Welcome to the Blessed Hearth today..
Hope you are all having an awesome weekend.. 
Here it is almost mid August.. 
Can you believe it? 

We had Supper outside again tonight.. 
That is one of my favorite Summer simple pleasures, I think.. smile.. 

We have had a lovely but busy week.. 

Some sweet old friends have been camping here in St. Matins this week so have had a few fun times with them along with keeping the shop open most days.. 

At the first of the week our daughter, Shonda and her family finally got moved to their new home... 

Here she is last Thanksgiving saying good bye to us at her home then.. 
But this is the new one.. 

Not a very good pic, I am afraid but you can see it is totally different from the one they have just left.. 

We dropped by there to pick up a couple of things that Shonda had given me and her Dad walked down to the boys camp.. 
Can you see him down there by the trees.. 

I must admit that there was a tear in my eye as I stood there and watched the sweet family of Canadian Geese that have returned here for several years.. 

As I remembered the many beautiful times we as the Henry family have shared at this lovely place along with David's family, too.. 

We have watched our grandsons grow from wee boys to now being teenagers.. 

We celebrated several Family Days here with the pool and then Christmas and Thanksgivings.. 
Birthdays and just happy times.. 

As I stood there with the wind blowing off the lake and the drizzle of rain I prayed for the new family that would be moving in.. 
That God would bless them with love and joy and give them many happy memories that we have all shared in this dear house... 

We thought we would drop by her new one and were surprised to find Trevor and his family visiting, too.. 

When we left I snapped this one through the rainy windshield.. 
They are in there making more happy memories ... 
I am sure this will be a place of joy, also.. 

They have many different views of this lovely river and Shonda will soon have it all organized and beautiful.. 

When she does I will show you a few pics of inside.. 

We thank our Lord for all the blessings on our family and for each home of our 3 children that God will bless and keep them.. 
That each grandchild will be taught that God is the most important facet of their lives and that He brings joy and peace into a home.. 

Well, sweet ladies this is about all for tonight.. 

This is what we had for supper.. 

The days of enjoying the BBQ will soon be over so I keep it humming.. grin.. 
We seem to eat a lot of chicken and potatoes and salad, eh?  
I think I need to get a new menu.. 

Thank you so much for visiting and your sweet sweet notes.. 
I so enjoy them all.. 

Have a blessed Lord's Day tomorrow.. 
We are having a little day cation and going to 
Life at the Lakes.. 

I will tell you all about it next time, Lord willing.. 

God bless... 

12 comments:

  1. I cant believe it is the middle of August already . Where does the time go ? Papa and I eat a lot of chicken , salads and potatoes to ! I also need a new menu lol ! Lovely photos ! The view of the river is wonderful . Big new house . I do like the look of the old one though so cute ! I hope they enjoy their new home ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! Lovely prayers and pictures! So glad for your daughter and her family! Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad letting go, but joyous going forward!
    Blessings to all in the new home.
    Hope the rest of August is just splendid for you!
    That meal looks wonderful, I could eat it up...Now!!
    Grins and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray Shonda and her family are so happy in their new beautiful home. It is hard to leave a home that they have lived in for so many years but the future will show them happiness and they will make more memories in this new home. I'm sure it is hard for you and Terry, too...but we have to give up on some things and start anew. I am thinking of you. It will be okay. Trust in HIM.

    Your dinner looks so scrumptious to me right now (even though it is late)! We had our son and family and my sister and family over for pizza tonight and it was not all that good to me. Your dinner looks so healthy and good.

    Have not gone on a vacation yet. Just do not know where the Lord will lead us.
    We could stay at the lake (at Kim's ) but will Jim relax there? Will I? Time will tell.

    You take care, Dear Heart, and know that I think of you often with heartfelt blessings to you and Terry.

    Susannah



    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful family love.
    New memories to be made.
    Yes but always so hard.
    I still miss my lil red home.
    But God always has plans.
    So happy Fall is on the way..
    Woolie Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you prayed for the new family. Your prayers for children and grandchildren are not only just words spoken or typed here - but, you show it in the way your live and parent. Blessings from Ringle, WI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shonda's new home is lovely. I'm sure it will feel like home in no time. Your supper looks delicious! Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a enjoyable post. Beautiful pics. It's hard letting go, but it i am sure they will turn this home into the same as the other. I do have to admit though that I like there old home better. I am a true country gal, and the look of traditional homes is not for me. But I can see how welcoming there old home looked and I bet your daughter will have this new home looking just as welcoming in no time.
    Take care and enjoy all that we have left of Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot believe I have missed so many of your posts, I have been very busy and very tired. Shonda's new house is beautiful and I look forward to seeing the interior. Your photos are always pretty and homey. Makes me want a friend like you in my city, Id love to sit down at your table and enjoy a homemade barbecue.
    Have a good week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It can be sad to move to a new place and leave old memories behind, but it's fun to make new memories in another home as well. Their new home looks beautiful and I hope they are very happy there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!

    I just stumbled upon your blog and I am so glad that I did. Your blog is a feast for the eyes and soul.

    Blessings!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! Can't wait to see the inside of your daughters house.

    ReplyDelete