Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

At the Cottage...


Hello everyone.. 
How are you all doing?  
We woke up to a rainy day here at the cottage ... 
This is what I saw at the end of our street when I went for a little walk ... 


They are out there waiting for tide to come in so that they can get back into the harbour.. 


I expect they are making their breakfast.. 
I wonder what they are having... 
Lobster rolls???  
I think not.. smile.. 


A couple more a little further down .. 
My cousin who goes out fishing quite often says that they either nap or make a big breakfast while they wait.. 
Lobster season will soon be over, I expect.. 

As you probably noticed I am not blogging like I should.. 

We have been trying to clean out a lot of stuff here as we settle back in.. That effort takes time and energy which I don't seem to have a lot of lately.. smile.. 
Our sweet grandsons came out and gave us a hand the other day.. 
Grandpa and I sure appreciated it.. 

Anyway.. 
Because of going back and forth to home and such I have not been on the computer much.. 
This afternoon I was on the phone to an old friend and I said that I didn't have many pics for putting on a post.. 
She told me to just pick up my camera and go around the house and then POST.. grin.. 
So... Dawn.... 
Here are some quick pics around the old cottage... 
You can see for yourself on Friday, Lord willing.. grin.. 









Just a few little spots here about the place.. 
Today was rainy as I said and whenever I took a break I looked at some of this stuff on our old trunk coffee table.. 


It was kind of fun to find some magazines and cookbooks that I found while trying to clear the place...

Have you read the version of the New Testament called The Message.. 
Very interesting.. 

Did I show you how I covered one of my favorite poetry books last year?  


Make a cover with some gift wrap and glue an old photo on the front.. 
I love this book and it was getting a bit tattered and torn... 


Just needed some tape and such to keep it together.. 
I marked some of my favorite poem pages on the front.. smile.. 

Well, I guess it is time for a pot of tea.. 
The sun has come out this evening and it is beautiful now.. 
Tomorrow is to be sunny and bright.. 
Goody... 

Take care dear hearts and sorry for the pathetic post but it is all I have.. 
May God bless and keep you.. 
Hugs..

22 comments:

  1. Faye, your post was not pathetic at all. I think it was really representative of how our daily lives tend to be. Nothing great happening, but there is still beauty in the ordinary things of our life. You have a very wise friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Faye! I love the pics that you take here and there and then I imagine how your cottage really is! I love it. I also like the lobster boats out in the sea. So nice of the grandsons to come and help! Means a lot, doesn't it? Have a happy next few days.

    L...
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Hugs sweet Mrs Henry<
    We think of you all so very much....wouldn't it be nice to be able to 'shrink' the milage
    between us... smile!
    Blessings~Lori for all
    Hello to Mr H.
    Hugs-prayers-blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to be that time of year, when we are spending more time doing summery things, and less time on the computers :)
    I love all of your pictures and I enjoy seeing the simple beauty in your day.

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Faye! As always...love looking at your pictures and your post is great. I see you have some brown transferware and I do love collecting that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a great post, Faye, and I enjoyed seeing all the wonderful vintage things you have around the cottage. So many nice dishes and such. I like the sea glass picture of the sailing ships which is very appropriate for your cottage by the sea. I hope all goes well with the rest of the week and your settling in. Blessings and hugs. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos of the bay are beautiful and so are ones inside the cottage. What's on the teapot that's in last shot? Is it a watermill? Just curious since I've been wanting one for awhile and never could find it. Enjoy it anyway. Have a cup of tea and think of me. I will have one soon as well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faye, I liked seeing your view of the bay.... sure do wish the sun would just stay a while.... we must have enough rain by now.
    I bet the old cottage is happy to have you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Faye, What a beautiful view you have at the end of your street! I would love to live close to the water like there at The Cottage. Wonder why it is that I live in the mountains? ~smile~ Dawn had a wonderful idea...loved all the pictures you snapped around The Cottage. My favorites are the picture of the women gleaning and the reminder that God never fails, and the one of the book of poetry you covered. That is a great idea, but then you always have great ideas! Enjoy your time there at the bay and I hope you can have some time to relax. Hugs to you, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning my dear, I loved the book with the picture of you & Gram Weston. 1953??? I was born in 1950......I didn't know you were born that soon after me. It always seemed that you were much much younger than I am. That's the youngest picture I've seen of Gram.
    In the old Fairfield school house we had 2 pictures on the walls that I would love to have. They were called "the reapers" and "the harvesters``. Harvesters were people sowing seeds and the Reapers were people gleaning the fields. I have no idea where they are now. Your picture is of the Gleaners.xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thinking many of my regular bloggers must be busy too, as some of them have taken a "vacation" from it. Can't blame them with the long winter of being inside - now it is nice. Your pictures are very nice - cozy in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Faye, I so look forward to reading your posts. You say your post is pathetic but to me each one is like opening a little gift. You don't know how it brightens my day. Your pictures infuse my dreams and take me to places I will never see and I'm grateful for it. Thank you so much for sharing these moments of your life with us. May GOD bless you and bless you and bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing your little getaway!
    Love your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy reading your post and seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I've missed you...

    I love quotes (you know that!) and those two framed pieces there... GREAT stuff!!! How true... both of them.

    Now... I'm going to go back and read everyone's else's comments. You have the best supportive readers and they let you know... don't they? You're very blessed, Faye. Very blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh your posts are never pathetic Faye. I look really look forward to them. This is all wonderful. I am sitting here with a cup of red bush tea and enjoying the trip around your cottage so much. Such a homely, cosy, spot. Just as I expected. There are so many treasures to take in and enjoy. I even spotted that you have copper canisters very similar to the one we use for coffee...snap...The view of the sea is amazing. What a lovely calming spot to stay for a while. Thank you for keeping in touch with us all and spending time showing us around. It has been a perfect little rest for me.
    Have a wonderful time, I hope you have lots of fun and lots of rest too.
    debx
    ps love the book-backing idea. Thank you for the mini tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  17. pps I hope that the sun shines brightly for you today
    dx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos.
    Woolie Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are some great photos...I especially loved the bay pictures...I sure wish I could have a little of that lobster...yum!!!!!
    Y'all take care...I will be off the grid for a month or so, but I will be thinking of you and coming to check on you as soon as I get back!!!
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  20. There you are at they wonderful,lovely place again. Blessings my friend

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really enjoyed this post. It is always so interesting to me, here in Missouri, to see your beautiful pictures of the bay and the beautiful areas near your home. It was fun to come inside your home and get to see the cute things that you have. The little metal bird planter really caught my eye, and so did the framed sea glass art. I like the way you covered the book, too.

    The bay and the boats in it are "everyday' for you, but look so beautiful to me. It is embarrassing to admit that at 60 years old, I have never seen the sea in person (so to speak). It is one of those things that has for years been one of those "next year I think we will....".

    ReplyDelete