Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

THE SIMPLE WOMAN'S DAYBOOK...

SIMPLE WOMAN'S DAYBOOK..


Outside my window... It has been a cloudy mild day but the bright yellow leaves on the maples out front certainly make the house sunny... smile.. 

I am thinking...that this wonderful summer like weather will not last much longer and the true Fall will be here..

I am thankful... for the peace that only God can give...

In the kitchen... making a Jewish Apple Cake..

I am creating...  new Fall curtains and table runner..

I am going... to Kings Landing..a historical village here in our province.. 

I am wondering...how our family pictures will turn out which we are hoping to have done .. 

I am reading... Hearth and Home  by Karey Swan... A book full of recipes for life... 

I am hoping... that a prayer I prayed will be answered soon..

I am looking forward to..  celebrating hubby's birthday plus our family Thanksgiving Day this weekend.. 

I am learning.. to make a wool rug... 

Around the house..   I am finishing the Fall decor and drying some flowers to frame and gathering seeds for a few Christmas gifts.

I am pondering..  the greatness of our God as I am doing a study on just how majestic He really is.. Oh, our finite minds can't begin to imagine...  

A favorite quote for the day... 

OH MIGHTY GOD... 
O mighty God, when I behold the wonder
Of nature’s beauty, wrought by words of thine,
And how thou leadest all from realms up yonder,
Sustaining earthly life with love benign,

Refrain:
With rapture filled, my soul thy name would laud,
O mighty God! O mighty God! (repeat)

When I behold the heavens in their vastness,
Where golden ships in azure issue forth,
Where sun and moon keep watch upon the fastness
Of changing seasons and of time on earth.

When crushed by guilt of sin before thee kneeling,
I plead for mercy and for grace and peace,
I feel thy balm and, all my bruises healing,
My soul is filled, my heart is set at ease.

And when at last the mists of time have vanished
And I in truth my faith confirmed shall see,
Upon the shores where earthly ills are banished
I’ll enter Lord, to dwell in peace with thee.

E. Gustav Johnson (1925)


One of my favorite things.. Sunday dinner..

A few plans for the rest of the week..   Finding my woolen fabrics and start cutting them up for a rug, making more mincemeat and apple pies for the freezer.. 

A peek into my day.. 


Taking a vintage tablecloth and turning it into .... 

 A valance for my kitchen... 
Kind of more Autumn like..... 

Jewish Apple Cake... recipe found HERE..

Joining Peggy and others sharing our week..
  If you would like to link up, visit her blog,

Hope you enjoyed your visit and I am so happy you dropped by.. 
Looking forward to hearing from you all..
God bless... 

14 comments:

  1. Love the valance! So clever of you to recycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post ! I love your kitchen window so pretty ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Woman's Day Book!
    I hope you post pictures of your Wool Rug :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new valance is really sweet. A good idea for re-using the tablecloth. I enjoy these Woman's Day Book posts. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post.
    Thank you for posting the link to the cake.. it looks delish.

    Love the new window valances... so charming.

    Smiles :)
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful post, a lovely read. The valance is stunning such a great idea. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute curtains. The cake looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ENJOYED THIS IMMENSELY! Thank you for introducing this wonderful linky-fun today! In the near future, I will be joining in!

    Hugs from Los Angeles, California,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your curtains are beautiful, Faye! Thank you so much for all that you have shared in your Daybook entry today. Praying along with you that your prayers will be answered, my friend. Happy Birthday to your hubby! Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday and almost happy thanksgiving! lovely curtains and aren't you clever to repurpose a vintage item.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess it is time for Fall decor! I fall very short in that area. I do have a few things I should go out though. Thanks for the reminder and for sharing your daybook! You're very gifted in many areas. Visiting from the link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your valances as well, keen idea. Apple cake is almost like the one I made from Trisha Yearwood's cookbook earlier this year. I was making a couple desserts for the Seder meal we were putting on at church...it was interesting. A lot of research and preparation. Interesting indeed. I will try this recipe, it's that time of year. I cut some of my hydrangeas tonight and put them in a bucket to dry. Will look up how to make them into a wreath or do you have directions you can email to me? Take care and thanks for sharing your life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Faye! Love the pictures and hope all is well. I miss your posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you turned a table runner into a valance!! It is beautiful :))

    ReplyDelete