Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2019

A Stormy Sunday

Hello everyone..
Hope you are all doing well with the
 storm which is blowing outside our windows on this Sunday night.  
It has been forecast for a week now so everyone is probably prepared and many were looking forward to it.  
We live here in Canada so storms are a way of life, eh!
I don't mind them once in awhile but to really enjoy it then it has to be on my conditions!  
Grin.

A list of rules for a lovely storm:
1.  That everyone is healthy and well.  
2.  None of my children or grandsons are working.
3.  The hydro does not even flicker.
4.  A soup or stew is on the back burner. 
5.  A loaf of bread is rising to bake in the oven.  
6.  I have a lovely new book that turns my crank.
7.  A few projects that I can doodle away at.
8.  I can watch a show of Mountain Man or Alaska the Last Frontier..  smile
9.  I don't hear any sirens.. They are worrisome.. 
10.  I spend some time with the Master.. 
Yes, that about covers it..  smile...
So, this was today's  bread..
Yesterday we took a city day as my husband jokingly called it and went to Fredericton.  
I was attending a lovely baby shower but we went early enough for me to call in at the Thrift store.  (Value Village) and purchased a bread pan.  It makes a large loaf and when you turn it out it is sort of braided looking.
Threw a few seeds in there first. 

I also picked up this novel for today.  It is a lovely read.  

We love stir fries.  Do you?  

A hint of ginger and fish sauce and serve it over rice.  

Here are a couple of pages of my calendar that I worked on last post.  

January is almost over..
Then in comes February it's promises of Spring but Winter will still be here for awhile... 
We had a ham last week so I saved the bone and made a soup today.


Very simple but good non the less... 
A little heart day project that I am working on...

A needle felted heart bunting for the mantel.. 
I love hearts whether it is Valentines Day or not... 
Wanting to make a few more things too.. 
Are you crafting any hearts?

Here is a new sandwich idea for you.. 
Found this in one of my old written cookbooks this week.  
just a good old tuna sandwich but in a different way.  

Mediterranean Tuna Sandwich 
2 thin slices rustic bread
1 garlic clove cut in half 
1 can drained tuna
1 medium ripe tomato, seeded and diced small
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon salted capers rinsed and drained 
2 Tablespoons olive oil or canola 
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice sea salt and fresh ground pepper.. 
Toast bread and rub them with cut side of garlic clove 
Arrange bread side by side on plate and mix other ingredients in a bowl.  
Pile on top of bread slices.  

Terry doesn't like open face sandwiches but really they are nicer that way or make a regular one. A nice change..  Well dear hearts this is about it for a stormy day! 

Being on a Sunday we missed our service this morning but so lovely that we can still talk to the Saviour here at home.  
With all the lazy day activities we will still take time for Him..  

Terry just let Charlie out and he said the storm has changed from snow to rain.   
Praying for all those on the highways and byways tonight.  
Thanks so much for dropping by and 
I was so happy to hear from you all last time . 

You guys are just lovely!
God bless!  
Psalms 100  



10 comments:

  1. We had stir fry last night, with small-chunk beef stewing meat. Delicous.
    I've read that book, it is a good one. Your bread looks lovely, I might have to see about a pan like that, lol. Happy Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet craft- perfect for Valentine's Day. I was wondering if you put sweet potatoes as well as white potatoes in your soup? Everything looks delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to needle felting, so I may give those pretty hearts a go. Bunting sounds a real delight and will brighten a February day. The soup looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the tuna sandwich recipe Faye. There's a lot to be said for winter so long as all the family are safe isn't there. We are enjoying our evenings beside the log fire, reading and cuddling the dog. Homemade soup using a lamb bone is on the menu here today. Thanks for a lovely wintry post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love needle felting. Your food always looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your soup and bread looks wonderful and both are a definite favourite here in Winter....right now though it's 31C ��but even in this heat that looks really tempting! ����

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the recipe. The soup and bread look delicious. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been enjoying the extra "home days" this week! I've had lots of time to cook, clean, and set up my craft room (finally). All while having time to relax and take afternoon naps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realize you were back to blog. I should check more often. Enjoy your blog and the beautiful pictures you share. Your soup and bread look delicious. I love soup. I really like Tuna fish sandwiches and may have to try that recipe. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog and your photos!!! So warm , homey and loving!
    Stay safe in the storms...we're getting some of your arctic air down here in Pennsylvania this week!!!

    ReplyDelete