Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Textures of Home.. Proverbs 24:3-4..

Good Morning my dears....
This morning as I arose (smile) and made my way out to the kitchen to begin my day I passed by the doors into the livingroom. 
It was so cheerful with the sun shining in the Eastern windows that I thought I would share it with you all..
So ... please come on in... I am just going to post some textures that are in this room for you to see... ok? 

















Those were just a few close ups of this room.. 
Not everything is perfect but it is home...

When Sammi and I opened the patio door (which has not been opened all Winter)...

This is what we saw.
 There is still snow out in the old orchard but the flower beds near the house are clear and starting to come up...Spring is here..
Isn't God good?
 There is no place on earth that I would rather live than here in this province of New Brunswick.. 
I thank Him for that....


I thought I would share a little verse in Proverbs with you....

By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiuful treasures. 
Proverbs 24:3

Of course this verse is not referring to this house that Terry and I live in or the one you live in....
But to our bodies which are the temples of the Lord...
If we will study His Word and learn to apply the wisdom that he gives us there then we build up the house we live in. 
When we do this we begin to understand all that He has done for us and we establish our goings on the Word of God.. 
 We begin to apply His Word to every facet of our lives..
With this knowledge of Him as a child of God then our lives are filled with spiritual riches such as love, joy and peace but also healings, a sound mind and material provisions that we need. 
He also gives us wisdom to help us with our families and marriages and all in our daily lives.. 
When we accept Jesus Christ into our hearts He builds this home.
Then the textures of our lives which is so diversified with home, family, friends, work and so much more becomes centred upon Him..
We then realize  that this house is built on nothing less than Jesus Christ and His Righteousness..
No matter what prevails we are safe from the storms of life and we can lean on Him....

He is the Answer today....

Thank you dear ladies for stopping by... I love to hear from you..
                         
                                         GOD BLESS...

5 comments:

  1. my sweet Faye.....thanks you so much for touching my spirits this morning.....we just buried my sweet Granny yesterday...103 by the way......and I am feeling a little blue this day.....but I do know the promise of seeing her again.....
    I was actually getting ready to post on my blog, and was diverted to your blog instead.....I think it was what I needed this day......................God is so good....he knows the direction we should take, if we would just listen...even as simple as looking at another's post......i am blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful home Faye with lovely layered textures and a matching heart that God has blessed! Thanks for the Word for today!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is beautiful. I love all the old treasures you have. I love old things. Thanks for sharing your home and your thoughts with us. I agree with you. God is SO good. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty Faye; I love all your old photos too. The spinning wheel has so captured my attention, it's lovely. Thanks for the beautiful scripture too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Faye~ your pictures were like eye candy! *giggle* I love the way you've decorated your home. And those precious bears made me squeal!

    And thank you also for the reminder... it reminds me of the old hymn I love so much~
    "On Christ the solid rock I stand; all other ground is sinking sand..."

    ReplyDelete