Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2019

A Sunday posting...



Good evening my dears!  
Hope you are all having a great weekend.  
Sunday to Sunday has rolled by and here we are in March. 
I believe it us only 18 days until Spring!  
Imagine!  
So thankful for the lovely Winter we have had.  A few drastic storms but not bad really.  
I know it is not over yet!
We are having a gorgeous sunny day here but snow is to come through the 
night and tomorrow.  

The days have been passing and then I started getting notes and noticed that I have been missing too long!  Grin..  
So dear girls...here I am!  
So on with my little ramble of what we have been doing.  

Still using my tablet as you can see...
Please excuse mistakes.  
And so... 
Made this delicious loaf of bread last week one day.  
I had not made it before.  Found the recipe in an old cookbook that I found at the Thrift store.  I have included the recipe.  
Another no knead bread although I did knead it a bit just in the bowl.  
Terry loved it! 
We are trying to make good use of our preserves and freezer food.  
I had a large bag of cherry tomatoes that I had stuck in the freezer up here .  Decided to just make a tomato sauce one day for lunch.  
Lots of basil, onions and garlic!  
Oh my but it was delicious!  
A bit if shaved parm and that was all that was required.  Smile.. 

On another morning I made a new batch of laundry soap.  Terry actually grated up the bar of Zote soap.  
The dear man!  
I did a big batch so it would just be done!  
Have been making this for years.  
I use other laundry soap as well .  
Love Gain for my bedding and night clothes.  
Then I use Tide for Terry's work clothes and dog bedding. 
Lots of times I will just add this to a cheaper brand that we pick up on sale.  I am not a laundry soap purist as you can see but every little bit helps towards being frugal and such.  

I have a wee idea here for you.  
I saved a couple of large coffee cans for my laundry soap.  Then found a wallpaper border and fitted a piece to fit it and voila an attractive jar to hold the soap on the laundry room shelf!
Also...
If you live near me then Moffatts in Sussex have lovely extra large clothespins for just over a couple of bucks!  
We will only turn around twice and the clothesline will be full again.  
My favourite part of Spring housework..  
Then of course we had our town day! 
 Wow, it was windy!  
We always stop by our fave coffee takeout.  Tim Hortons!
The wind was fierce  and coming home there were vehicles off the road again.  
Even a few whiteouts!  I was so happy to get home where it was nice and snug!  

On Friday I cut up a batch of this marmalade.  
It is a different recipe then I blogged about before.  

A Newfie recipe!  

It makes a large batch! 
It tastes good and a nice change from the Clementine one I usually make. 

My plants are doing well.  
We took a quick trip to Fredericton last week too.  
Kind of a spur of the moment trip, if you know what I mean.  
Just mentioned it and decided to go.  
It was a lovely day.  
We stopped by a flower nursery and purchased a Jasmine plant that I have been longing for.  
They had a fern on sale and a Baby Tears.  
Then on a visit to my Mom's house she gave me several.  She is finding them a bit of work as she is having a hard time to get around now. 
Bless her heart! 
She made a batch of bread and a blueberry pie yesterday though.  Smile.  

Well, girls this is about it for today.  
I did make a few lavender items I will show you next time. 
Candles and sleeping pillows.  
Love the scent of lavender.  Do you?  

This was today's supper

Terry always enjoys a stir fry!  
Flavoured with five spice and fish sauce and a bit of soya.  
Over rice.  

What did you have?  

Thank you so much for your dear notes and your little reminders!  Grin.  
Appreciate you sweet ladies.  
Praying God's peace in your lives this week..  
Remember..
He gives the only real peace!  

Hugs!


11 comments:

  1. You're wonderful in what you do!!! and thanks for the reminder... almost time for me to make more laundry soap.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Faye, I also can hardly wait to again venture out to the clothesline and get fresh air and listen to the sounds and smells I miss being inside for the Northern New England winter. God is so good! Such simple pleasures to enjoy while awaiting His return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faye, It looks like you had a really cold trip into town. Lots of snow there. We use our clothesline year round unless it is raining for a few days and then have to use the dryer. I hope warm spring weather arrives for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No snow here but hail and rain make it impossible to hang out clothes on the line, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you came back! I look forward to your blog entries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful post, Faye. Oh, how I have missed you! Life has kept me away from the blogging world...health, family, just life in general, but I'm back.
    Your stirfry looks delicious! We had fajitas last night, and they were so yummy!
    Today, I am just spending some time reviewing some of your old posts that I have missed. I have my cup of tea, and away I go!
    Thank you for your wise words, your encouragement, and all the love you feed us through your blog posts. I appreciate every ounce of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catching up here . Oh my you are always such a busy person in the kitchen , I ,love all your home made foods and crafts . It has been a cold snowy windy winter here to , I am soo looking forward to spring and warmer temps . Lovely post and photos as always , Thanks for sharing have a wonderful week !

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a wonderful bread; thank you for including the recipe.
    I always appreciate your cheerful blogs, full of goodness, and homeyness.
    We are in the middle of a rainstorm that has continued for days, and is forecast to continue for days more. I feel grateful that it's not coming down as snow, for that would spell disaster for roof tops, and travel and folks commuting.

    Stay warm and cozy, sweet lady.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Faye, that onion bread recipie looks fantastic, I will be making it soon, thanks for sharing from Kat, rural hamlet of Childers, Gippsland, state of Victoria, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love marmalade, Faye. But I don't know if I have the patience it takes to make it. Your stir-fry looks good. It is kind of your mom to pass on some of her plants now that it is harder for her to take care of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing the recipes. I love the idea of the wall paper on the coffee can. So pretty. God bless.

    ReplyDelete