Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2021

December past and now it is January..


Good Evening everyone... 
Happy New Year to you all!  
The year 2021 has arrived and I think we have mostly all been hoping and praying it will be an improvement on 2020!  
Only time will tell!  
No matter... He holds our hand.... 

Anyway, I am so happy to finally take the time to sit down and chat with you.. 
The pic above is the first page of my 2021 List book/journal... 
It was written on the back of a promise that was given to me from my mother-in-law.. 
I love it...
And know that all will be well because He has it all in control..  

I hope you had a lovely Christmas!  
We had a mostly green one with hardly any snow but that is always alright with me as you know..
Makes travelling so much easier.. 
 
Today we are having quite the snowstorm ... 

Terry and I went to Sussex this morning before it started but by the time we started back for home it was coming down.. 
Our first storm of the new year.. 
It didn't take long.. smile.. 

Last night we had our New Year's Dinner... 
Just the two of us!  
Sometimes I just like to put a bit of effort in and make an occasion of a meal.. 
Don't you?  

I set the table in the afternoon.. 
I do love table settings.. 
They always catch my eye in pics on blogs or whatever.. 
I have been blessed with an inherited love of beautiful dishes and whatever goes with it from my mother... 
She loved setting a table and collecting beautiful dishes.. 
As do I...
Our daughter has also inherited that from us.. 
Not as many dishes perhaps but what she has she loves and she certainly sets a gorgeous table.... 
Oh dear.. I am rambling again..  
I decided to use the China that Terry gave me many Christmases ago... 
It is called "Winsome"... 
We lit a couple of lanterns..
So love the cozy light they give.. 
The little crystal one was a thrift store find.. 


Shonda made and gave me the place cards several Christmases ago too.. 
The wee individual sets of silver salt and peppers were from my Mom.. 
And I made the napkin holders quite awhile ago.. 
I only made four need to do a few more.. 
just old jewellery and a napkin ring..  

We seem to always have Ham for New Years.. 
What do you generally serve? 


And a salad... 
Terry has Caesar but I like a vinaigrette with mine.. 
We did not have dessert because we have had too many sweets the last bit.. 
I did have mincemeat squares with a drizzle of butterscotch but there were no takers.. grin.. 


I wasn't going to call this a ramble and roll but it seems to be turning into that.. 
If I would post more then once a month it would be better.. 
Maybe this year.. smile.. 

I have the dearest blog followers and I so appreciate you all.  
I was explaining to Shonda that even though we have not met in person I simply think of a lot of you as dear friends.. 
One of you sweet girls sent this to me.. 

A gift bag full of wonderful toiletries and a candle.. 
Soaps, lotion bars, bath salts and such! 
It came after Christmas at a perfect time! 
Thank you so much Becky in West Virginia. 

A few things I made lately.   



Fudge
Wrapped and gifted   ...  

We spent Christmas Day here at home with just the two of us but the next morning we were on our way to our daughter and son-in-law's for Boxing Day with all of our dear family.. 





It was a lovely day and I only have a few pics here but it was a precious time for us.. 
God has given us a wonderful family and we are indeed thankful..
The adults were seated beside us at the island but I don't have a pic.. 
Just those gorgeous grandsons and their friends.. smile..  

They gave us a beautiful set of Copper pots and pans.. 

Just so beautiful.. I did not ever expect to have such.. 
Thank you dear children.. 

Shonda had decorated her house beautifully as always.. 
The food was absolutely delicious too.. 
Sorry.. once again no pics.. 
I wasn't really with it, I guess..   

Our youngest sweet son lives in Alberta and of course could not be there.. 
We all miss him so much and especially at times like this.. 
He doesn't forget us though... 

These two big boxes arrived by mail.. 
full of the dearest gifts... 
we so loved it all.. 
was kind of like a second Christmas... 
We love you, Dustin Leigh and thank you!  
We can't wait to hug you in real... 

All in all sweet friends it has been quite a month or two.. 
Terry as I posted last time went through a couple of scary health issues but he is doing lovely.. 
Thank you so much for your prayers and kind words of care... 
We appreciated it all so much.. 
But... 
My precious mother slipped away to heaven on the fourteenth of December.. 
The day before my birthday... 
this is her sweet face here last Christmas.... 
We were so blessed to have her with us all these years.. 
My Dad went home in 1988 so it was so wonderful to have her all this time.. 

She had kidney and heart failure and was only in the hospital a little while.. 
We got to see her with Covid and all three times ... 

She was in for a week and then went home and we went in and chatted with her through the open door ... 
She gave me my birthday present and card as she was worried I wouldn't get it.. (tears running down my face) 
It was my grandmother's work basket that she kept her yarns and knitting needles in and a homemade apron.. 
Also, a card with the sweetest verse... 
She had lovely penmanship but the last several years she has been legally blind but she signed it anyway.. 
And money so I could buy something I liked..

Then a couple of days later she went back to the hospital again.. 
We got to visit her two times only because we were in orange level but thank the Lord it changed a couple of days before she left.. 
I got to hug and kiss her and hold her hand... 
Thank you, Lord.. 
Called her on the phone that night and told her I loved her and then early the next morning she was gone.. 
I miss her so... 
I do not pass a telephone that I don't think .. 
oh, I need to call Mom.. 
At nine o'clock each night my heart stumbles and I remember that she is not there.. 

She had a beautiful funeral... 
Then the next snowy morning we took her to her resting place beside my Dad on a hillside in Albert County... 

But we will meet in the Rapture some sweet day.. 
So thankful for the hope we have in Christ.. 
My parents were both witnesses of our Lord and they wanted to share the good news... 
Because He lives we can face tomorrow ... 
We can live for Him and put Him first in our lives and meet again some day.. 
He made a Way for us to be saved and have a Hope to live again with Him.. 
We only need to seek after Him and we can find Him.. 
If you don't know Jesus please consider Him.. 
He makes a difference in your life.. 



Well dear hearts this is all for tonight.. 
Sorry it is so long but I just wanted to share my heart a little.. 
I know many have lost their parents and it is a fact of life.. 
I am happy for my Mom and Dad .. 
They are safe in the arms of their Saviour but we miss them, don't we?  
I know we will get through all of this and I really love and appreciate you girls who follow this blog and leave me your sweet notes and emails... 
I am on Instagram and have a Face Book page if you want to connect with me... 
Praying that you have a blessed healthy year and are filled with the peace and joy that only Christ can give.. 
Hugs from Eastern Canada... 



24 comments:

  1. My sincere condolences to you, Faye, (and your family), on the loss of your dear Mother.

    May you and yours be blessed with peace, love, happiness and good health in 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet and heartfelt post. It is hard when we lose our parents-mine have been in Heaven for many years now. I'm so grateful that we will all be together again someday! God Bless and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry about your Mom going on, I can relate and I know how what that feels like. Hugs & prayers.
    I enjoyed your sharing so much. I love you in the Lord, and yes we shall all be together some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m sorry about your mom, Faye. I lost mine two days before Thanksgiving and just arrived here in North Carolina tonight to begin the process of cleaning out the house. I walked in and the tears started. It’s hard to say goodbye to our moms. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad to hear of your mother's passing....hope happy memories of her will help you in the new year and beyond....a legacy of beauty and skill...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please accept my sincere condolences on the passing of your dear sweet mother. You know Jesus is taking very good care of her (and you father) until you can all be reunited again. Belated Happy birthday and Happy New year to you and your family. God bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry about your sweet mom. My deepest and sincerest condolences. I wish I could hug you (I know, we have never met, but your sweet blog just brings so much joy). Happy Birthday and wishing you a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your mother, but what a comfort we have knowing that He has prepared a place for us, I love your blog and your pictures and recipes. Glad to hear that your husbands health is better. take care and the Lord's blessings to you in 2021

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sincere condolences on the loss of your sweet Mum, sending you a hug in the hope it will be a comfort. Thrilled you were able to get together with family. Wishing you everything you wish for yourself for the new year with every blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending you a hug and condolences on the loss of your dear mother. Even now after many years, I still want to ring my mum at times. But we have so many sweet memories, havent we.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely post. I was enjoying reading all the way through, your lovely china and crystal and table settings, the gathering of your beautiful family, all so lovingly shared...and then we get to the end and the story of the homegoing of your sweet mother. My heart is breaking for you, but oh! How wonderful that when we know Jesus we have that great hope of being together again in eternity! Still, we miss our moms and dads here on earth until that day appears. Your mother had such a sweet countenance. I wanted to reach out and hug her. I know that feeling of wanting to call your mom. My mother and I used to call each other every Saturday morning without fail, and that was a special time I looked forward to when we lived far apart. I still wish I could do that, and she's been gone 14 years already. As I write that I find myself not believing it could be so long. May the Lord bless you with comfort and peace and sweet memories of your precious Mom as you enter this new year without her. I know the longer we live, the more dear ones we will have waiting for us when it is our turn to enter heaven's gates. It will be a grand homecoming someday! Until then, have a blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Faye;

    I am so sorry on the loss of your mom. I know how much she means to you. I am glad that you have a large family to surround you.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for that beautiful blog, it made me cry, but maybe it's a season for tears. May He Bless you and yours in the coming year xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry for your loss! God be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. I lost my mom five years ago and not a day has gone by that I don't think about her and wish I could have one more conversation. But I was so blessed to have her as long as I did and for that I am grateful. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Faye, my heart hurts for you. It is such comfort to know she is with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Blog Faye. Loved your mom so much Miss her smiling face at church and cheerful hi Marg But I know shes in a better place. She loved her family so much and always spoke so well of them. Hugs to you my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My deepest sympathy goes out to you in the loss of your dear mother. My dear mother passed in 2005 at the age of 87. She had a stroke. I still miss her so and wish I could talk to her but there is no doubt in my mind that i will get to see her again in heaven. My husband passed in 2019 from heart failure and I miss him too even though I know I will see him again. The hurt never goes away you just learn to live with it with the Lord's help. Your table setting was beautiful. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Faye,
    I enjoyed this post very much, but I cried when I got to the part about your sweet mom. I'm so sorry for your loss. But I thank God that you were able to see her in the hospital. So many people this past year have not been able to do that when loved ones were about to pass on.

    Her last gift to you, the sewing basket - what beautiful treasure that will be for you for years to come.

    You asked what we generally serve on New Year's Day. In our home, we do the same thing each year: on Christmas Eve, I cook a ham and scalloped potatoes; on Christmas Day, roast beef with Yorkshire puddings; and on New Year's Day, we have turkey and stuffing. I don't know why we started that, but we've been doing it for enough years that I can't really stop now. :)

    God bless you in 2021. I too hope that it will be a happier year than the last; but only God knows what the future holds.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy new year to you both . I am glad you and your family are are safe and well but I am so sorry for your loss of your mum . Your post and photos are wonderful as always , We have had very little snow here to just the odd dusting here and there which for me as well is ok I don't mind easier for me to get outside and enjoy . I to hope 2021 will be a better year for all .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Faye, I am so sorry for your loss of your mother. I lost my mother in an accident and was unable to say goodbye to her. That made my grief harder, but I know she is safe and joyous with Jesus. I miss her every day, even after all these years.I am glad that you were able to see and talk to your mom before she went home to Jesus.
    Your table settings are absolutely beautiful! It makes me want to get up and go play with my dishes and such and set a pretty table. It has been so long since we have been able to gather as a family (we are large...eight children and their families. I hope we will be able to do so in 2021.
    I really love reading your posts. They are always so lovely and encouraging and inspiring. Take care, sweet lady. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hugs for you and your family,on the loss of your mama. Praying for peace and comfort and many happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Faye, I am just reading this now in late January. My sincere condolences on your mothers passing. It leaves a void no one can fill when Mum is gone. Knowing we will see them again one day helps comfort us.

    ReplyDelete