Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Celebrating the Autumn Days....



Hello dear ones... 
Welcome today to the Blessed Hearth blog.. 
So very nice to chat with you all again.. 
It has been awhile! 

Such a wonderful summer we had and now a glorious and beautiful Autumn... 
The pic above was taken in Albert County here in New Brunswick.. The county of my birth, so I am a bit biased!  
Our province is called the Picture Province and we love it... 
We live in a beautiful world... 

How have you all been?  
I pray all is well in your part of the world.. 
I know there is so much going on with the storms and tragedies of life these days... 
So glad to know who holds our hand and to know that our future is secure in Him.. 
Fall has arrived since we last chatted and it brings a lot of work.. 
Harvesting and putting away for the winter months is always a happy time in my life.. 
A bit overwhelming a lot of days.. 
This old lady is not what she used to be...😀

Nevertheless, Terry and I just keep on working away at stuff.. 

He gardens and I put it by .... 



Dill pickles, 

Sweet Dills, Garlic Dills and Kosher Dills.. 
Sliced , chunked and whole....


And there were several batches of mustard, dill beans, Prosser Brook Relish, Ripe tomato Relish, canned tomatoes, dried tomatoes and green beans, salsa red and green and so on.. 
So thankful to have our garden and our farmers markets... 
The apples, beets and squash are ready now.. 
I did get a canner of apple pie filling done and dehydrated some..
 
Anyway, this is starting to sound tiresome so let's go on... 
By the way I do love doing this stuff so it is a good thing!

I have been thrifting a bit.. 
I must say that I am curbing my instinct to drop by thrift stores much more then before.. 
But... 

I did get these lovely old old plates.. 

They will be wonderful for our family gatherings... 
LOL
Justifying myself... 

A few food pics...

My new bread recipe...

It is called the world's best bread on the website... 
Kindred Bread
I just had to try it although it took me awhile to get to it.. 
I only baked bread a few times this summer.. We are eating less of it and the summer had hot muggy days... 
But it did get done.. 
I totally loved it and it does make the best toast ever!
The smell of it toasting is so different and delicious! 
You make it in different size rolls or extra large muffin dishes.. 
But you slice it like a loaf of bread.. 
Terry did not like it like a roll but as I told him you are not to eat it like a roll but slice it like bread... Duhhh! 😊❤
Anyway, it was a bit more work but I really love it... 


My friend Deanna's Brown Bread...

Soup days are back again thank heavens... 
I am a soup junkee... Are you?

A little recipe for you although you probably already make these.. 
So good.. 

The dear man of mine turned 75 last month and we had a family outing for supper....
So blessed with a sweet loving family!  

And ..... 
Shonda invited me to chat with her ladies' group...
getting ready... 

Just a few ideas of celebrating October in our homes... 


vignettes, bringing the outside in and such
a wonderful spice potpourri

buntings, homemade tablecloth and napkins without much sewing.. 
shopping your house and using and thrifted finds...
packing up  with these two sweeties... 
Shonda and Nicole..

The high light for me was to meet a lady who started following my blog many years ago..  We found we had so much in common and our husbands grew up a few miles apart.. 
Over the years we have become dear friends.. 
When she read I was to be in the city for this she attended... 
It was just so wonderful to meet face to face.. 
Just like we were the ones who grew up together.. 
eh Mary??  xoxox
I wish we had of had a pic taken together.. Next time... 

Some fall and late summer pics on some of our country drives...









wild turkeys..... aren't they awesome?
Relatively new to our province in these numbers.. love them.. 

My sweet sister sent this to me last night.. 


I remember memorizing this in our little two room school house in Turtle Creek when I was in grade four.. 
Have always loved it and remembered it.. 
Did you learn it in school also?❤
wise words...

I bought this magazine the other day.. 
It is hard to imagine how fast this year has gone and we will soon be celebrating the Christmas season.. 
I love making and doing for my family and friends.. 
This seems to have a lot of ideas I liked so took the splurge.. 
I hardly buy magazines anymore.. 
Our children gifted me the British Country Living last Christmas and that is my fave.. 
I so loved the Simple Things magazine but it was not available much.. 
A sweet Korean couple at my fave book store started ordering it in for me.. 
I was so delighted but just after a few copies I had to ask them not to hold them for me.. 
They changed editors or some such thing and was way too modern for my tastes.. 
I am glad I saved the few old ones I had found.. 

Anyways my dears this is all for today.... 
I hope you have a great fall .. 
I owe you all an apology... 
As I was uploading my pics I noticed that I had forgotten to do our little vacation blog post... sorry.. 
I may get to it but I best not promise.. smile.. 

Take care and look after your wonderful families and I pray you know Jesus... our Saviour......
He is our peace and joy when we decide to give our lives to Him.. 
Acts 2:38 in the Bible tells you in one verse how to be saved.. 
He is coming back soon...
Prepare to meet Him...


It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown.  For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever.  And we who are living will also be trasformed... 
1 Corinthians 15:52

God bless you all today and thanks so much for stopping by... 
I look forward to hearing from you... I love your notes and will be on Instagram some and will check Facebook for them.. 
xoxox


2 comments:

  1. What an enjoyable post, again. I love to see all the things you have been doing. How busy you have been with all the canning, so many jars! I remember learning 'Someone' as a child, that brought it back to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I,m always happy when you post and love reading about what you,ve been up to. As usual you are one busy girl. Stay safe my dear cousin.

    ReplyDelete