Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

KEEPERS OF THE HOME MEETING...

Good Evening Everyone...
I thought that I would post tonight about our last Keepers of the Home meeting which we had this past Saturday morning...
We gathered together in the Fellowship Hall of our Church in Sussex.  The dear girls brought us all some Tim Hortons coffee.
That is the favorite Canadian kind...smile...
We began by cooking breakfast ...Some brought treats... Rice pudding, strawberries and coffee cake. 
We enjoy sitting aroung and just talking and making plans for awhile before we go into our lesson.
 
This week it was on Graciousness....
Our God is so gracious... Where would we be without His grace and mercy??  We need to choose daily to be gracious in all facets of our lives as wives and mamas...
His  JOY has made such a difference in our lives...

After the lesson we usually have some kind of activity.. 
Crafts, cooking or some homemaking type of fun... 
We enjoy learning some back to basics skills or craftwork.

This week the girls brought various wood pieces and we did some make overs. 

There were shelves, plaques, trays and signs. 
Everyone seemed to like the color black.... smile...
The word "Faith" found it's way on some pieces...

The girls were also busy hosting a baby shower in the afternoon after Keepers for Baby Emily...

Isn't she precious?  Her Mama is one of the Keepers...
It was a lovely shower and Emily received many gifts.. 
God is so good to us.. so faithful...
Motherhood has been named His Highest Calling..

Also ... Terry and I wanted to thank you sweet Keepers for the lovely gift.. You are all so thoughtful..
We will be using your lovely gift for our Date Night very soon.
THANK YOU....


That is all for tonight my dears..
Although, I do want  to ask you for prayer.  A first cousin of mine passed away yesterday...
Her name was Elaine and she was such a dear sweet person..
 Please pray for her family...

Thanks for visiting and please know you are appreciated. 
I do so enjoy your comments.  Do any of you have Keeper of the Home meetings?  I would love to hear about them..

May God bless and keep you in His care...

8 comments:

  1. No, no meetings for me. My daughter lives in a more urban area and they do have Mommies mtgs, MOPS(mothers of pre-schoolers) Women's prayer group, children's youth group--seems they are always going to or hosting a meeting. They enjoy these so much.
    It looks like a lovely group you have and such interesting projects. It is indeed a blessing to have friends you can rely on.
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your meetings with us, Faye~ I'm sure you all have such a wonderful time! (And the food looks so delicious!)
    I will be praying for Elaine's family as well...
    Hugs, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Faye, I think it would make your day if I told you that I have already put up the shelf that I painted on Saturday- I actually DID put it in my laundryroom/bathroom and I think it looks great! You'll have to see it for yourself (wink)! I think I will have to practice my graceiousness skills- LOL. Thanks for a great meeting on Saturday, can't wait until next time!
    PS-I will remember Elaines family in prayer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Faye, just dropping a line to say hello and look for your blogs each morning with my coffee, really enjoy them, I will try to leave a comment more often since you take the time to blog each week, it is the least I can do...love ya and miss ya....

    really love reading what you have been up to each week, you are one of the busiest women I know, always thinking of things to do...keep it up, really appreciate it..love Tam

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great time the KEEPERS meeting was, but they all are. Everything just right and what we need. We appreciate everything you do for us Faye.

    Love Ya,
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Yes! My sign is finished to it says: Get Angry, Be Honest, Be Kind and Forgive. I will send some pictures to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry for your loss, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just discovered your blog and am so enjoying reading it. I came to your blog through Sharon at the Shepherds House. I am looking forward to trying out the recipe you have posted for cinnamon swirl bread. We used to do something with our girls and another homeschool family that was called Keepers At Home. Do you think this is the similar to what you do. It involved teaching young girls how to do things to keep their home running smoothly. Sewing, embroidery and things like that. It was a lot of fun and very educational for them. I hope you will come visit me at my blog www.merryheartcrafts.com sometime. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete